ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle Set - 6 Inch - 2 Cup Capacity - Unpolished Heavy Granite for Enhanced Performance and Organic Appearance - Included: Anti-Scratch Protector + Italian Recipes EBook
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A kitchen must-have: Mortar and pestle set (mortero de cocina - morter and pessel - molcajete or guacamole bowl and pestel) has been used for THOUSANDS of years as THE way to crush, grind and powder herbs and dry spices. Contrary to an electric grinder or crusher, the age-old, durable, traditional manual grinding method ensures that all cooking ingredients bring out their full flavor and aroma profiles, allowing you to further control their texture and make delicious, chunk-free dishes.
- Versatile tool: Take advantage of your brand new stone motar and pedestal set’s various applications in the kitchen and simplify your everyday life! Use your mortor to pulverize nuts, seeds, ginger root and garlic and make homemade salad dressing, sauces and condiments, such as fresh mustard, quacamole, pesto, salsa, chutneys and more. Widely used in pharmacies and apothecaries, your molcajete set will help you powder pills, for optimal ingestion, or hide them in your stubborn pet’s kibble!
- Effortless use: This ChefSofi stone mocajetes motor & pedestal set was designed with your convenience in mind. Made from unpolished granite, you will waste no time fumbling or stabilizing your pestal masher, as our motar’s cup interior provides the best, metate-like natural friction for swift ingredient crushing, grinding or powdering. With a 500 ml (approx. 2 Cup) capacity, this stone mortor also reduces the need for ingredient refills, affording quick food prep, in one go!
- Quick cleaning & zero kitchen messes: As granite is inherently durable and heavy, this mortar will not slip on your kitchen counters, remaining still throughout the grinding process. Our pestle offers foolproof grip, gliding across the mortar’s interior, without the need of excess hand motions, which would result in ingredient waste and kitchen counter messes! By investing in this stoneware set, you are gaining a timeless, multifunctional kitchen tool, which will make cooking a breeze!
- Satisfaction guarantee: We want you to be absolutely elated with your moter and pestle set, which is why we are offering you a Risk-Free purchase. In the unlikely event our set fails to meet or exceed your expectations, you are welcome to return it for a hassle-free, FULL refund. Purchase Now The Best, Unpolished Marble - Granite Mortar & Pestle Set On The Market!
Specifications for this item
|Item Weight||7.05 pounds|
|Special Features||Granite , Unpolished , Grey|
|Warranty Description||2-Years Warranty|
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 6 x 6 x 6 inches; 7.05 Pounds
- Item model number : 8541981500
- Date First Available : July 4, 2016
- ASIN : B01HXWT40E
- Best Sellers Rank: #674 in Kitchen & Dining (See Top 100 in Kitchen & Dining)
- #1 in Mortar & Pestles
- Customer Reviews:
CAN’T GET YOUR FOOD TO BE THE MOST FLAVORFUL VERSION OF ITSELF?
There are so many fancy kitchen items out there—from blenders to spice grinders. But because these appliances have motors, the heat generated from them degrades and mutes the bright flavors of your spices. Instead of enjoying a flavorful paste, you get to miss out on the tasty goodness of your fresh herbs. Is there a kitchen tool that can extract more flavor than any spinning blade or vicious food processor?
The Mortar and Pestle Set by ChefSofi lets you enjoy bold flavors every single time.
|Standard 6 Inch 2 Cup Capacity, Unpolished||EXTRA Large 8 Inch 5 Cup Capacity, Unpolished||Standard 6 Inch 2 Cup Capacity, Black Polished Exterior||EXTRA Large 8 Inch 5 Cup Capacity, Black Polished Exterior||ChefSofi Standard and EXTRA Large Mortar and Pestle Sets||ChefSofi Cheese Board + ChefSofi Standard Mortar and Pestle Set|
|Interior Granite Surface||Unpolished||Unpolished||Unpolished||Unpolished|
|Exterior Granite Surface||Unpolished||Unpolished||Polished||Polished|
|Mortar Top Diameter||6 inches||8 inches||6 inches||8 inches|
|Capacity||2 Cups||5 Cups||2 Cups||5 Cups|
|Weight||7 pounds||18 pounds||7 pounds||18 pounds|
|Included Pestle||6.5-inch Pestle||8.5-inch Pestle & 6.5-inch Pestle||6.5-inch Pestle||8.5-inch Pestle & 6.5-inch Pestle|
MULTIPLE CULINARY USES
There’s plenty you can create with this great set of kitchen tools. Spice up your Indian cooking by crushing cardamom seeds, create flavorful Asian recipes by smashing fresh peeled ginger, or intensify your Italian bread by turning fresh garlic cloves into a paste. Beyond grinding herbs and spices, you can also use your mortar and pestle to whip up amazing guacamole, curry paste, pesto, or chimichurri.
PERFECT SHAPE & FORM
The best mortars are those with a deep round shape that keeps your ingredients from jumping or spilling out. Our 6-inch mortar with 2-cup capacity is sizeable enough for mashing small quantities of herbs and spices. Its pestle is broad with a rounded base so ingredients do not pop out from under. The mortar has a stable base that comes with a non-skid felt base to keep the granite from marking your countertop.
SATISFY THE PALATE
Get the most flavor out of your spices with this simple ancient device. By pounding and crushing the fibers of your herbs, our mortar and pestle set effectively releases the full range of essential oils, flavors, and aroma they contain. The depth of flavor that emerges in the hand-grinding process is something you won’t find if you are prepping your ingredients using a blender, electric grinder, or food processor.
CREATE FLAVORFUL PASTES & SAUCES WITH THE CHEFSOFI MORTAR AND PESTLE SET!
EASY-TO-USE COOKING AID
Nothing makes ingredients more dynamic than the good old hand grinding from your traditional mortar and pestle. Even if you already have a food processor, your kitchen is not complete without this set. To use, fill the mortar 1/3 full only to avoid spillage and making crushing difficult. Be sure to start with the hardest ingredients to grind. If you need to grind a large number of ingredients, do so in batches.
SWEAT-FREE CLEANING & UPKEEP
Made of minimal-porosity granite stone, our mortar and pestle do not have a high tendency to absorb flavors and odors, making the set very easy to clean after each use. To clean, simply bring out some uncooked white rice. Grind it into powder to remove unwanted flavors from sticking to your tools. Dust the powder, and you’re done. You can also wash it with water afterwards and leave it to air dry. Try to avoid soap as much as you can.
A TIMELESS, FUNCTIONAL GIFT
While ancient, our mortar and pestle are tools no modern kitchen should be without. With all the exciting things one can create with this amazing set, it makes a thoughtful gift for homemakers, chefs, foodies, and those who love to prepare their food with herbs and spices. It comes in two sizes, 8-inch (5-cup) unpolished heavy granite and 6-inch (2-cup) set available in unpolished and black polished heavy granite.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I also wanted to say that the company has quality customer service. The instructions say to rinse it well with water before use and conditioning. I followed those instructions and found that the bowl was cracked. The crack was imperceptible until it got wet and dried at a different rate than the rest of the bowl. I wasn't sure if this was just something that granite did so I reached out to them via their website contact us form.
Within a few hours, I received an email reply from Brian at Sofi telling me that he was very sorry for the defect in my bowl and went out of his way to let me know that this is something that is usually caught during their thorough quality checks. He was upset that my issue wasn't caught before the bowl went out the door.
I got the impression that quality was very much a point of pride with them and he was genuinely upset that I received an inferior product. He asked that I send him some pictures. This was not to prove that I was telling the truth but more so they could tighten up their quality control so it doesn't happen again.
He told me that there was no need for me to return the broken bowl and that he would be overnighting a replacement (which I got first thing the next morning).
I now have a wonderful mortar & pestle set to use in my kitchen and an interesting place to put my keys on the hall table. :)
First off you get 185 recipes in an email (if you print all the recipes, it would be 75 pages... yes please.)
Last off they are hilarious, you can't go wrong with buying something from a company that says "While you wait for your set to be delivered, please find a stranger to high five. It will make their day and you'll enjoy it too. Don't forget to wash your hand after though."
Overall amazing product, but an even better company.
The unexpected use for it though was for crushing crackers, cookies, graham crackers, or anything I used to get a ziplock bag and a rolling pin for! I have very arthritic hands and I am very restricted on what I can crush. This is a terrific new tool in my arsenal of ways to adapt!
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Canada 🇨🇦 on September 6, 2020
It’s sturdy and solid and very easy to use. Clean-up is a breeze.
I could not be happier with this thing, and I foresee many years of use to come.
I ordered specifically to make curry paste and oh wow it does wonders. It's super easy to use, looks great and so easy to clean. The bowl is very sturdy too and lets me pound the roots into a paste easily. Absolutely no regrets with this purchase.