Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 101 reviews
on March 12, 2016
We have had 3 of these and they all broke in short order.
Pros: easy recipe guide and concept
Cons: You cannot shake the bottle even with the little cap or dressing goes everywhere, The mixing spoon detaches from the spindle and you have to dig it out of the bottle, the gasket dry rots quickly and then the lid will not stay down whether in the locked position or not. These issues were constant in all of the spinners we had.
Solution- we reverted to a glass dressing bottle with a cork stopper. I wish this thing was more robust particularly considering price.
on February 26, 2014
I ordered the Chef'n Emulstir to mixing olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It worked fine for that with one exception. The exception was that it leaked because of a crack in the base. It leaked from the first day I received it, but I didn't notice it because it was usually empty and I didn't notice it until months later. My wife started setting it on a saucer to catch the slow leak. When I noticed her doing that, I looked more closely and saw the crack in the base.
When I E-mailed for a replacement, I was refused because I was asking outside of the 30 day warranty period.
I was way outside of that as I started using it in early October and didn't express my complaint until January.
I have said the crack was there from the beginning and I believe it was, but I must admit I can't be certain of that. What I can be certain of is that Eurostoves didn't care about my experience. They can rightfully say it was outside of the warranty and I can say I'll do business with them again.
on October 23, 2015
It's great at emulsifying salad dressing, though you need some strength in your grip to make it work, especially if you want to stir ingredients straight out of the refrigerator. But it is fragile.
I've bought 2 so far and the handle broke both times. The second time I wrote to Chef'n and they sent me a new one. Some months later that broke also; I wrote again and they again sent a new one. Last week - guess what? Handle broke. I wrote to them, and they still have a lifetime guarantee, so they will send me another.
I don't know how they make money out of this, but as long as they keep on replacing them, I will keep on using them...
on May 4, 2015
Served its purpose for the first 1 1/2 that we owned it. Never really liked the tiny white cap that covered the spout (I'm surprised that we never managed to lose it). But the reason I gave this product one star is because its inner white plastic has begun to chip. Perhaps this is due to the fact that it is constantly filled with acidic vinegar based salad dressings. But regardless, you do not ever want small white chips of plastic falling into your salad. Initially I thought it was feta cheese, until I nearly cracked a tooth. When I looked inside, I could see the plastic degrading and other shards of white plastic chipping away. Unsafe product.
on July 14, 2017
Wife loves these things, third one we bought, other two wore out after about two years of use.
on December 16, 2013
This salad dressing mixer is perfect. I wish it was a little smaller, because usually I cook for two and this seems to make about 4 nice servings of dressing. I love it. I do not really follow the recipes on the side, but occasionally get inspired by them. I usually make a simple vinaigrette, which requires a little more emulsifying and this totally does the trick.

This model of the Emulstir has a couple of design issues which were taken care of with the 2.0 reiteration of the product. I would suggest to buy the 2.0 which works way better:
_ Easier clean up
_ No awkward way to put your ingredients in.
on November 20, 2012
We had seen the product in many kitchen stores and we had been told by a friend/chef that it's useful so we purchased it. We loved the product and used it quite often and would have given it 5 stars but it only lasted 1 year. We used it to keep our home made dressing but you have to take it out before using because the dressing/oil can get hard in the refrigerator.
The push handle seemed to work okay but some mechanism btw the handle and the stirring green stick thing broke and now we just basically have a dressing jar. Very very disappointed with how cheap the plastic pieces are. We took very good care of it - but only lasted 1 year. So think about that before you buy.
on October 29, 2013
This emulsifier takes homemade salad dressing to the next level! If you look at the bottle dressings,-- wow, there are a lot of things you can't pronounce. When you make your own it tastes so fresh- I used orange juice, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and herbs. I find the emulstir works best when you press the very bottom of the lever. It must have something to do with torque, or some other force of nature. Anyway, it's easy to find salad dressing recipes online, and if you can't there are some written right on the glass bottle of the emulsifier. Get it! It's fun.
on September 6, 2016
I love this salad dressing shaker, but it broke after a couple of months of using it. I am still able to find a workaround, but I was disappointed. Otherwise, when it does work it's awesome. The squeeze handle/stirrer means I always have fresh stirred salad dressing ready to go.
on February 25, 2014
Loved the idea of this emulsifier, but once you put sugar, mustard, or anything clumpy in your dressing, it doesn't mix.
So so hard to clean also. The bottle has a narrow opening and wider bottom. Not good for getting sponges in there.
The design is cute, but not practical.

Updated 5/2014: This emulsifier now sits at the back of my cabinet, unused. I bought a standard shake-salad dresser and am much happier with it.