Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Chef'n Sleekstor VeggiSteam 8-1/2-Inch Silicone Steamer, Arugula
|Price:||$17.91 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made from heat-resistant silicone, so will not stain, nor retain food tastes and odors
- Withstands heat up to 650 degrees F (340 degrees C); durable nylon core
- Great for everyday cooking; can also be used in the microwave
- Measuring 8-1/2 inches in diameter; equipped with an expanded surface area; offered in a choice of fun, vibrant colors
- When the cooking's done, cleanup's a snap since the VeggiSteam is top-rack dishwasher safe
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Chef'n Sleekstor VeggiSteam 8-1/2-Inch Silicone Steamer, Arugula
OXO Good Grips Silicone Steamer, Green B00A2KD8IY
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Dealz Store||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Piranha Fish|
|Dimensions||2 inches x 11 inches x 11 inches||10.5 inches x 7.25 inches x 3.75 inches||3.74 inches x 10.6 inches x 5.31 inches||8 inches x 8 inches x 1.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.31 pounds||0.5 pounds||0.35 pounds||0.3 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Sleekstor VeggiSteam Silicone Steamer by Chef'n
That old metal clunker? See if it can be recycled, because there's a new steamer in the cabinet. With its sleek lines and expanded surface area, the SleekStor VeggiSteam is a steaming revolution.
The VeggiSteam has a silicone body with a nylon core and is 650 degrees F (340 degrees C) heat resistant. It will not stain or retain food tastes and odors. To use, place the steamer in your small or medium sized pot over water, then insert vegetables. The steamer has a three-leg base that raises vegetables or other produce above water for superior steam. The VeggiSteam fits in any small or medium sized pot; it features two handles for safe removal and will never scratch your cookware, unlike traditional metal steamers. All VeggiSteams are top rack dishwasher safe and safe to use in the microwave.
- Modern non-stick design protects surfaces of pots and pans
- Made from heat-resistant silicone
- Will not stain, nor retain food tastes and odors
- Withstands heat up to 650 degrees F (340 degrees C)
- Durable nylon core
- Great for everyday cooking
- Microwave safe
- Equipped with an expanded surface area
- Offered in a choice of fun, vibrant colors
- When the cooking's done, cleanup's a snap
- Top rack dishwasher safe
What we do is who we are
There's something you should know about us. We can't stand the status quo—especially when the status quo stinks. That was literally true back in 1982, when you had two options for getting garlic into your meal: chop up a fresh clove and have your hands smell for the rest of the day, or settle for a couple of thin, dry flakes tapped out of a plastic container. For our founder, CEO, and Famous Inventor David Holcomb, there really was no option. He had to do better, and he knew he could.
Fast forward a few decades and David's first creation, the Garlic Machine, has become Chef'n. We're a growing Seattle-based company with more than 250 product patents worldwide and a single mission. We want to make better tools so you can make better food. It's what drives our in-house design team to reinvent the utensils and gadgets that most of us take for granted while we're cooking and cleaning. It's what attracts the terrific, talented people we've welcomed into our Chef'n family. And it's what compels us to tell everyone we meet about the innovation Chef'n products can bring to their kitchens.
Is anyone listening? Well, the design awards and magazine covers seem to say yes, but for us the true test is in the homes of real people around the world. So put one of our inventions to work, create something delicious, and we look forward to hearing from you about your Chef'n experience.
Top Customer Reviews
I would have given this five stars, but I find it very hard to get it out of the pan once the veggies are done. It's a pretty tight fit even in a medium pan and when I pull on the loops to get the whole steamer out with forks or tongs, etc., it just flips over and the veggies end up in the water. You really need three hands to get it out correctly - one to hold the handle of the pot, and two to yank the steamer out by the loops. You could just scoop the veggies out of the pan without pulling the whole steamer out, but I consider this a flaw in the design.
On the whole, I would recommend this to anyone.
I like the concept, but I'm afraid I'll be going back to the metal steamer and just letting my pot get scratched (or maybe buying a cheap thrift-store pot just for steaming), because this one is just too much of a hassle.
Things I like about it:
- Color options. Just a little splash of color make it a little bit more fun in some way. At least to my wife.
- Silicone is heat resistant. I usually can touch the steamer itself without worry of it being too hot to touch.
- Does not scrape pot/pan it is being used in as some metal ones might.
- Microwaveable - but I don't think i'll use this option since I don't want the microwave to be cooking my veggies too.
- Dishwasher proof - Had no issues with using the dishwasher to clean it.
- Fairly cheap
- Cleaning by hand is pretty simple and fast.
Things I still would like:
- May be nicer if there was an option with longer legs so I could possible boil something underneath while the veggies cook. Also longer legs may allow for maybe two to be purchased and have it be stackable as well (if the pot you're using is big enough). Stackable also means I could possibly cook more veggies at once since you don't typically want to cram all your veggies into the steamer.
I think this steamer is good for 1-2 person use or basically if you're only going to be cooking small batches of veggies at a time. If you want to steam lots of food (veggies, fish, dumplings, etc) at one time in parallel, then there may be better options for you. I do still give this product five stars since it does what I expected it to do for my purposes.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great with non stick pots for steaming veggies! Won't scratch pots. Feet on bottom sits upright in pot. Have two of these!Published 1 month ago by melissah
This work awesome,so easy to use and to clean. Perfect to steam my eggs instead of boiling. Steam eggs for 13 and they come out perfect. So easy.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
So much better than a metal one that can rust. Just have to be sure of the size, it is a bit too small for an 8 quart pot, but works great in a 4 quart, if you are looking for one... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Anthony
Only a few uses and the feet are dissolving away. Stick with metal so it won't absorb into your food. This was a waste of money!Published 3 months ago by Betty Drake
Was great until it broke. After a couple times of running out of water/burning it, the legs broke. I realize this was my fault but it happens. I got three years of use out of it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Kali Fey
still using this years later. Love the material of it. Has held up wellPublished 5 months ago by annie
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.