Top positive review
32 people found this helpful
Great for onions and potatoes!
on June 10, 2017
I purchased this item in the Arugula color 7 months ago. I was using it today and just realized I have never written a review for it. I purchased this chopper mainly to cut onions. I absolutely hate, hate, hate chopping large onions! Not only is it time-consuming but I cry like a baby when chopping onions and I almost need onions regularly while cooking. So I was thrilled when I discovered this product! After 7 months, this chopper has been holding quite well for me, although today I experienced a slight anomaly in the string pull, it wouldn't pull all the way for 2 seconds but worked when I tried again.
- Excellent chopper for hard vegetables such as onions and potatoes. If you see my two pictures with the before and after chopped onions, it took me literally 7 seconds to chop them into small pieces (I counted the seconds). I'm not an athletic person at all and I have average strong lady hands. When chopping onions manually, it would take me several minutes including the breaks to cry and wipe my eyes.
- Because I can chop onions quickly with this chopper, I don't cry anymore
- I have dishwashed every part of this chopper and it has never caused me issues. This is important for me as I also dislike manual cleaning. So I can just put all the part in the dishwasher and forget about it.
- Storage: It's a small chopper that can easily be tucked away anywhere. Or you can choose to have it stand somewhere in the counter as It looks aesthetically pleasing.
- Manual: This may or may not be a pro for you. However I have so many kitchen gadgets that require to be plugged in and I have limited plug-in points in my kitchen. Therefore it's a relief to have a product that does not require any electricity.
- While I love this chopper, it is certainly not versatile. It will not properly chop small vegetables properly. For example, I have been unlucky with chopping garlic. When it comes to garlic, I have to use my garlic press. It also does not chop wet vegetables. I once pushed my luck with a tomato and the outcome was a mess.
- The string requires some pulling which is fine for most ladies. However it might be an issue for senior people, people with arthritis or people with weaker grip etc.
- For those of you who hate to add items in your dishwasher, this chopper becomes an additional item to dishwash after every use. Or for those of you who manually clean utensils, this chopper becomes an additional item to manually clean after use. You also have to be very careful to not cut your hands when cleaning the blades.
When pulling the string for chopping, don't be afraid to pull the string about 7-10 inches away from the chopper. I have realized that the chopping is better when the string is pulled further away. However don't pull the string too fast either. I suspect that the string is not the most resistant quality and it can damage the string.
Bottomline I am very pleased with this chopper as my two main requisites were satisfied (one that quickly chops onions and one that didn't require to be plugged in). I recommend this chopper but make sure you know that this chopper is not versatile and has its pros and cons.
I hope my review was helpful.