Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.07 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Chef's Choice 677 Cordless Electric 1-3/4-Quart Teakettle
|Price:||$49.97 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1500-watt cordless teakettle quickly boils up to 1-3/4 quarts of water
- Concealed heating element eliminates build-up of mineral deposits
- Automatic shut-off, boil-dry safety protection, and secure locking lid
- Brushed stainless steel housing; water-level gauge; cord storage
- Measures 9 by 7-1/2 by 10 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Chef's Choice 677 Cordless Electric 1-3/4-Quart Teakettle
Chef's Choice 681 Cordless Electric Kettle B0058VCYUU
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||stainless and black||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Dimensions||9 inches x 9.8 inches x 9.6 inches||9.2 inches x 8 inches x 6 inches||7.5 inches x 8.5 inches x 6.5 inches||12 inches x 8.25 inches x 9.75 inches|
|Item Weight||3.8 pounds||2 pounds||2 pounds||6.5 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Time to get something a bit safer while we still had a house! After some research, we ordered this electric kettle (to the joy of my wife's British friends who think we are barbarians for not having one.)
I was astounded at how fast this thing heats water, maybe 5 minutes for a mostly full pot from tap-cold to full rolling boil.
The automatic shut-off works perfectly (and has a small light so you need not guess if it is off or on) and we no longer need to worry about errant gas fumes and whistling kettles.
The kettle is well-made, attractive and seems to be sturdy and definitely works a treat. Get one and you won't be disappointed. Needs a three-prong outlet, so make sure you can use it first. Sides do get hot but the handle stays properly cool and the safety lid works very nicely with no drops or leaks that I have seen.
Update, March 2012: About two years after the original purchase, the kettle died. We replaced it with the same model and that one has been going strong to this day. There's almost never a day it does not get used and other than cleaning it with vinegar once in a while to get the minerals out, it just keeps on chugging.
My wife even does hard boiled eggs in it using Alton Brown's method.
Good stuff, well made and at a fair price.
Two major gripes:
1. If you look inside there are actually silicone(?) fasteners used that touch the water - consequently any water you boil in this one smells and tastes like metal and plastic/rubber, even after you've brewed it into tea. Completely unacceptable. Baking soda doesn't help much.
2. The stainless steel finish is HOT to the touch. Scalding/burning hot. I can't believe this thing is actually a consumer approved product. There is NO insulation whatsoever, yet this is a counter top product. You might as well just use a pot on the stove. Imagine if your stainless steel toaster burned hot on the outside.
Three minor gripes:
1. The lid is not solid and seems like it would break in a fairly short lifespan of use.
2. You pretty much have to fill it by lifting up the lid. You can't use the spout for this, like you can with a lot of models.
3. This thing is heavy. Heavier than a pot you might use to boil the same amount of water. This adds to the risk of burns.
On the plus side:
1. It looks fine.
2. This does boil your water quickly... so if you like the sound of bubbling water and that's all, then I guess you could buy this.
Unhappy buyer - this one's going back. I wouldn't want this if someone gave it to me, let alone pay for it.
As some other reviewers noted, the metal outside of this kettle gets much too hot. Don't do what I did and count on its insulating qualities when the kettle is too close to a plastic bag left on the counter. And don't touch the thing!
Also, the little button that opens up the lid, it don't work so good, so to speak, and if I want to open the kettle I have to pull the lid open with my fingers. That's not good design, dear Chef's Choice people.
I probably bought the wrong kettle. What I really want, and what I'll look for next time, is a kettle that has a separate heating element, so that the actual kettle is just that, a kettle, with a wide top--so I can heat broth in it for risotto (and then be able to wash it) and boil eggs (this opening is too small). I should have looked around more, or perhaps spent more money. Don't get me wrong, I've been pretty pleased with this kettle: if you want a nice-looking appliance to heat water fast, this is it. If you want more, well, keep on looking.
Update (after three years of almost daily use): the other day, the kettle seemed not to turn itself off properly anymore, as if the switch wouldn't click all the way up anymore. I took off the bottom and jiggled the mechanism a little bit, and now it's working properly again. Still, I'm keeping my eye on it and don't fully trust the auto-off feature anymore.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is our second one. The first was used 2-5 times a day for 6 years. It was still going but the switch was became unreliable and it was taking longer to heat up. Read morePublished 3 days ago by BeeJ
Have had 3 over 12 years - and given a number to relatives. Great device! Use it 15 times per day....Published 25 days ago by Robin Davis
I've used this kettle before, and it's a handy size and easy to use.Published 1 month ago by Mel J.
I bought this kettle in 2011, and after a short use, it began to leak. I continued to use it, since I live overseas, and found it hard to get another one. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mary
Perhaps this was a good value once, but the quality is absolutely awful. The first kettle stopped heating in under 6 months. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Gene N.
Second one of these we have owned. First one lasted several years, second one failed after 3 months :(Published 3 months ago by Happy RV'er
I had one already and bought this for a friend, so hope it lasts good like mine! I have had now for 7.5 years no problems. It heats fast, it's easy to clean. Looksgreat!! Read morePublished 3 months ago by jane
We use this cordless electric appliance every day---sometimes several times a day! It boils water fast and keeps it hot for hours. Read morePublished 4 months ago by M. Feiock