Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Color: Silver|Change

Showing 1-10 of 264 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 287 reviews
on March 9, 2013
I chose this model for the smaller sized pizzelles it makes. As with any appliance, a few times will prove best. I made a couple hundred pizzelles and finally got the right amount out of my scoop. I plan on getting a 1-1/2 teaspoon tiny scoop for placing controlled amounts onto the surface.
At setting 3-1/2, each set took 55 seconds. Turning up the dial only made darker pizzelles that were too moist to be delicious.

My recipe:
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 TB extract/flavoring (or however much suits your fancy-anise, almond, orange), or 1/4 tsp oil (I used Amaretto flavoring and even at 1/4 tsp it wasn't pronounced, so play around if you use oils but I think 1/4 tsp is a good starting amount.)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 TB lecithin (it helps with releasing after baking, not a required ingredient, but I found it beneficial)
1/2 tsp. lemon juice or some lemon zest
2 cup flour (I use whole wheat and it works super awesome)
1 tsp. baking powder

Sift together flour & baking powder.
Beat eggs. Add sugar and beat. Add flavoring and lemon. (I use a Kitchen Aid and crank it up to 10 and let it go for a minute.)
While slowly beating, drizzle in butter. Now, drizzle in lecithin, if you are using.
Slowly add sifted dry ingredients. Only stir enough to incorporate as you don't want to work the flour.
It has the consistency of chocolate chip cookie dough.
For chocolate flavor, substitute 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa for 1/2 cup flour and add some espresso powder, instant coffee, etc. if you like the coffee in your chocolate. Omit lemon and other flavorings.

These smaller ones fit well into plastic bags and paper bags. I have trouble fitting the larger ones into containers for gift giving.
So, after considering which appliance to get, I am very happy I went with the smaller ones.
VINE VOICEon March 31, 2012
I have never made pizzelle cookies before, but this was really fun. I used a boxed mix from King Arthur Flour and added eggs and butter.

The Pizzelle maker heated up really fast and it is so simple to use. The green lights shows it is ready for the batter, then the red baking light comes on and when the pizzelles are finished, the green light turns on again. The darkness of the cookie is controlled with a dial on the side of the pizzzelle maker. You only need to oil the pizzelle maker when you first use it and does not need any further oiling. The cookies came off nice and clean and the clean up is a breeze. I just used a damp cloth and wiped down the plates.

You can also make cannolis, but I have not tried to do that just yet. The pizzelle maker comes with a plastic demitasse spoon for putting the batter on the plates as well as a roller for cannolis. Several recipes are included in the instruction booklet.

The cookies are wonderful and so dainty and delicate. Really fun to make, bake and serve.
on December 13, 2012
I love the smallness of this Pizelle Maker. My family was from France and they would make these too, for the holidays. So this year I thought I would pass on the tradition. I love how they are smaller, then original Pizelles. I made two batches, one formed a ball easy the other was kind of runny and had to had more flour. They do have recipes in the book. I got one on line. It does take some getting use to. Sprayed with a vegetable oil first. This does have a non stick coating. I scooped about 3/4 of a tablespoon, on the center of each circle. Kept temp about 3 1/2 and waited until no more steam(like waffles)I slid a spatula under them to transfer from the iron to the countertop. When I was done, I unplug it and and let it cool alittle, then I put some water on some paper towel and closed the lid and this actually steamed the iron clean. I did this a few times and wiped the iron down with the paper towels. Be careful not to let the wet towels burn you. I am sure with trial and error I will soon learn to perfect them. Still trying to roll them.... It was fun, easy and something I will pass along to my grandkids.
on November 10, 2011
Chef's Choice 835 Pizzelle Pro Express BakeThe baker bakes 3 3" pizzelles at a time. Once the baker heats to the desired temperature there is no need to wait for the baker to reheat for the next batch. The recipes provided make 100 pizzelles. We have cut the recipe we use in half. We find the 3" pizzelle to be the perfect size for us. While quite tasty just out of the baker, they are even more delicious the next day - the anise flavor develops with a day of rest. The baker is easy to clean and the electric cord can be wrapped in a section underneath the baker making for easy storage. The instructions provided are easy to read, comprehensive, accurate and helpful.
on October 30, 2013
came upon some pizzelle recipes and needed a pizzelle maker...after some research, decided on this one for a few reasons:

1. small enough, won't take up much room
2. like the red/green light system (just like my waffle maker by the same brand)
3. makes multiple pizzelles at once

after using it, here's what I find:

pros - everything above except for #2

cons - the red/green light doesn't help me that much; I find it goes from red to green too quick while the pizzelles are not yet "done" to my standard; so I ended up just watching for the smoke (as some people suggested); once there are no more smoke, it should be done

another note is that the manual says to turn the color turner to about 3, but I find I had to turn mine up to 5 to get it to the right browness (and believe me, it wasn't a burned brown). When I left it at 3, my pizzelles took longer to brown, and also were very soft, not cruncy at all.

Speaking of crunchy level, I still need to hunt for a recipe that would give me that extra crunch; some one told me to use rice flour instead of all purpose flour to achieve that. Will need to try that.

The first batch turned out so horrible, but so glad I tested it out before making another batch for my party. I couldn't get the right amount on there to create perfect sized pizzelles; Using the spoon that came w/ it was too small...would only give me half of a pizzelle, scooping too much on it caused it to spill out AND resulted in pizzelles that were too THICK and were not cruncy at all.

Finally after another entire test batch, I found the right amount, it is the size of my soup spoon...fills up the mold just right w/ barely any running down the sides and the thickness seems right. Now just need to work on getting it a bit more crunchier.
on March 14, 2012
I was very exicted to get my pizzelle maker. I used it as per instructions. Never used anything but a plastic spoon in it...and never found the need for a oil spray. However on my second use I noticed the teflon was coming off on the very back disc...beyond the outline for the cookie. Was confused why it would be coming off there?? My cookie batch came out with teflon on it even!! I was so disappointed!!!! WASTED my money on a worthless product!!! The machine works perfectly , however none of us want to be eating teflon on our cookies. As much as I love this product I can't justify my family eating teflon!!!!!!! I have a picture of the teflon balding , and hope the company wishes to see it. DISAPPOINTED!!!!
review image
on March 4, 2017
I love it. I can make whatever flavor and have enough to share. The batter is easier than I thought to make and it is quickly done in the Chef's Choice 835 Pizzelle Pro Express. I would recommend it to everyone who loves Pizzelle Cookies.
on April 11, 2012
I purchased the Chef's Choice Pizzelle Pro Express Bake for my 87-yr old Italian Mother! She loves it! The smaller pizzelles are a perfect dessert size. She liked the #4 setting for a golden color, and they were the right thickness without being too doughy. Anise oil adds a marvelous aroma and flavor. For additional richness, a drop of Pure Vanilla is wonderful, or lemon zest! I have added Limoncello to my batter for a richer lemon flavor with a kick to it! The top of the chrome lid does get hot, like a wafflemaker--and the first batch she sprayed the grille with a non-stick spray to prime it. Each batch was perfect and "bellisimo!" It stores easily, and came packaged and boxed very sturdy with internal styrofoam boxing. And...arrived in 2 days!!! Now I am purchasing one for myself, since my current machine makes two large pizzelles and I love these smaller ones! The price is very reasonable, since I compare shopped a dozen stores and sites! Thank you Amazon, you made it happen! And my Mama says "Gracia!"
on December 24, 2016
I had never made a Pizzelle before. I received my Chef's Choice and made my first Pizzelles. They turned out perfect and I was so proud! So easy to use but be very careful when latching. The iron is very hot so hold to the cool back part while latching the front. Perfect Pizzelles! I can hardly wait to make more. I will tell you that I had a tub of Coconut Pecan icing and I used it to sandwich my Pizzelles and they were soooo yummy. I bought this one because it does have the ready light and none of the others that I viewed had it. They give you a little plastic spoon but I found that 1/2 of a teaspoon in the center was perfect but even if you go over they come out great and you can just cut around the cookie to make it perfectly round. The design is perfect too. Oh, and it makes 3 cookies instead of 2. I paid for mine and did not get it free for a review so you know I am telling you the truth. I love mine! It cleaned up easily too.
on February 7, 2015
I got my Pizzelle Pro Express Bake in the mail a few days before Christmas - just in time to make pizzelles for the holidays. My mom and I made three batches. I like the iron okay, but did not realize that the pizzelles would be so small when I ordered the iron. They turned out only a fraction of the size that I have seen with other irons. There is a tiny spoon to put the pizzelle batter on the iron, but no tool for lifting the pizzelles off the iron. I found that several of my pizzelles ripped apart easily when I tried to remove them from the iron - even after cooking the recommended minute.