Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Chef'sChoice 130 Professional Electric Knife Sharp..." and save 47% off the $180.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Chef’sChoice 130 Professional Electric Knife Sharpening Station for Straight and Serrated Knives Diamond Abrasives and Precision Angle Guides Made in USA, 3-Stages, Platinum
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Built-in precision angle guides in all three stages eliminate guesswork and produce consistently sharp edges every time.
- Professional sharpening, steeling, or stropping for all types of 20-degree class knives.
- Sharpen both straight edge and serrated knives including kitchen, household, sports and pocket knives.
- Electric 3-stage sharpener with 100-percent diamonds in stage 1, super-hardened sharpening steel in stage 2 and flexible stropping disks in stage 3.
- Optimum edge customized for every cutting task.
- Stabilizing rubber feet hold the unit securely to the work surface.
- Single on/off button.
- 3-year limited warranty.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
- EdgeCraft Corporation was established in 1985 with a very specific mission; to create the world’s best knife sharpener. Our first sharpener became an immediate success, acclaimed world -wide for performance and quality. Today we have a full array of sharpeners —electrics, manuals, hybrids and specialty—and a continuing determination to offer only the world’s best products.
Chef's Choice 130 Professional Knife-Sharpening Station
No Experience Necessary Or Skill Required! Sharpen, Steel and Strop your 20 degree class knives like a PRO with the Chef’s Choice Model 130 professional sharpening station:
- For professional sharpening, steeling or stropping; all types of 20 degree class knives
- Sharpens both straight edge and serrated knives
- Re-sharpens all types of knives—kitchen, household, Santoku, sports and pocket knives.
- 3-Stages: 100% diamonds in Stage 1, super-hardened sharpening steel in Stage 2 and flexible stropping disks in Stage 3
- Optimum edge for customized for every cutting task
Coddle your cutlery with, the Chefs Choice Professional Sharpening Station 130. It offers the serious cook, professional chef, or knife connoisseur 'edge versatility' with a 3-Stage sharpening system that features our renowned sharpening and stropping stages as well as the world’s most advanced steeling process.
Built-in precision angle guides in all three stages eliminate guesswork and produce consistently sharp edges every time. The Chefs Choice Professional Sharpening Station 130 eliminates the clutter of ineffective sharpening gadgets and provides in one compact appliance, the ultimate versatility of choosing the preferred edge for any cutting task.
With the Chef’s Choice Sharpening Station you can do it all, simply with the push of a single on/off button. And the astonishingly sharp, long-lasting edge is better than factory sharp, no matter which type of edge you choose.
The Different Stages:
Stage 1: Consists of rotating conical disks impregnated with 100% diamond abrasives that safely sharpen the entire edge of quality kitchen, household, Asian-style, sports, and pocketknives. It never de-tempers the knife blade and helps prolong the life of quality knives.
Stage 2: Features a super-hardened miniature steel that along with precision angle guides develop a shaving sharp edge with ultra-sharp microscopic serrations that provide a 'bite' superior to professionally steeled edges. Stage 2 can be used as often as desired to maintain a consistent razor sharp-steeled edge until Stage 1 sharpening is required again. The sharpening angle of Stage 1 and Stage 2 are precisely set to optimize the sharpening steeling sequence.
Stage 3: Uses a flexible abrasive disk system—a high-tech version of the barber strop—to create a microscopically smooth, ultra- sharp fine edge. It can be used as often as needed to keep edges polished and maintained until additional sharpening is required. Stage 3 is also used for sharpening serrated knives. The ultra-fine flexible stropping disk straightens and aligns the serrations and sharpens each prominent tooth so it becomes an ultra- sharp 'micro-blade'. It is excellent for serrated knives of any alloy, forged or non-forged, including so-called 'never-need-sharpening' knives, which are serrated, and do become dull!
How It Works:
The Fine Edge: Use Stage 1 to sharpen and Stage 3 to hone and polish for a razor sharp durable edge that is perfect for serving up decorative platters and precision slicing of more delicate foods.
Steeled Edge: Sharpen with Stage 1 and then steel with Stage 2 to obtain the controlled bite preferred by professionals for fibrous foods.
Steeled/Polished Edge: This is a superb edge of unprecedented sharpness, combining the characteristics of both a steeled and highly polished edge by sequentially going through Stage 1, 2, and 3. It’s ideal for precision slicing and elegant presentation of foods such as smoked salmon.
The 130 is ruggedly built, handsomely designed and molded from a sturdy, high-impact engineering polymer.
Designed for safety, the sharpener is U.L. approved. Rubber feet hold the unit securely to the work surface.
The sharpener requires no sharpening oils or liquids. The unit is compact enough (10 inches long by 4 3/10 inches high and 4 ¼ inches deep) to be permanently placed on the kitchen counter, so knives can be quickly re-sharpened.
Tip: This helps increase kitchen safety because sharp knives are much safer to use. Dull knives require the user to apply excessive force while cutting, increasing the risk of knife slippage and personal injury.