BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Wonderstruck $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Chernobyl Diaries [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on September 25, 2017
While I did find the characters (except Yuri, the Russian guide) initially pretty irritating, once the film got into third gear, I think it was a very effective horror story that didn't let up. I'm amazed it took this long for a Chernobyl horror film to be made, and that a bigger budget wasn't available. It's such a haunting story, it deserves a more ambitious telling.
on September 23, 2017
God awful movie.

I saw this movie in theaters on opening weekend and the entire theater was empty. That should have been my biggest warning.

I can sit though any movie and find something I can enjoy about it, but this movie had no real endearing qualities. The story was bland but had so much potential. The acting is what you could expect from a "made for TV" movie. Even the scares were filmed in a way where you couldnt even see the thing the characters were running from. Ultimately a unoriginal idea that was poorly implemented.
on May 26, 2017
Found Footage Horror set in Chernobyl. Tour guide takes travelers to off limit area and well, you can probably guess how that turns out.
One of the better ideas for this type of movie and could have been better. Still though, it's worth the rental if this is up your alley.
on May 4, 2017
Some interesting and attractive characters in this. Quite a long chase at the end. So many prisoners they could have an escape tunnel and the guards wouldn't know.
on November 9, 2012
I ignored the bad reviews, although there certainly were plenty of them, and decided to give this movie a whirl just the same. I liked the idea of it being filmed on location and recognized some the buildings and the famous ferris wheel in Pripyat. That said, the film was just awful. 20 somethings taking a European vacation to visit one guy's brother in Kiev. None of the characters were likeable so as things started to happen (which took forever!) I didn't even care. There was nothing to make me jump, no scary creatures that I could SEE but there was a lot of running around in the dark with a flashlight. While I understand the concept of it's not what you see that is scary, it would have been nice to see a bit more just to get an idea of what those idiotic 20 somethings were running from. I must add though, a little jewel came at the end when the credits were rolling; Marilyn Mason with "No Reflection." That made it almost worth the one hour and 25 minutes of complete boredom.
on October 29, 2016
This movie is a great example of the "don't-go-on-vacation-in-a-foreign-land-especially-at-a-nuclear-disaster-site" horror. It goes really well with all of those "Hostel" type movies. Vacation or road trip with friends and family gone awry, bring on the screaming and blood and guts.
on December 5, 2012
Good production. Nice directing. And, actors were pretty impressive.. Does such a good job of keeping you intrigued... They COULD have done SO MUCH MORE with this story-line. This is when I wish I were in the business of editing films!! Had the ending been different, this movie could have been on a whole new level...!!! I could have given it an end that would have risen it's rating by,a minimum of, 2 or 3 points!
on November 10, 2012
I had wanted to see this while it was still in theater but just didn't get the chance to go see it. A friend of mine did go and stated that it was one of the best that he had ever seen. Even though there were multiple bad reviews on this film, I decided to give it a chance any way. I was highly disappointed. All the good scenes had been in the previews. The ending absolutely sucked as well.
on November 13, 2015
Honestly, it was better than I expected. The only reason I didn't give it a higher rating was because of the CGI of the bear running through the building. I'm a film graduate, so I CRACKED UP, but otherwise I like the storyline. I like how it's based in a town where a real disaster happened. I got kind of sad by the end, but that's what tells me it's a decent movie.
on July 1, 2016
This is one of my favorite scary movies. It is such a great concept, first off all. A place as creepy as Chernobyl certainly deserved its own movie. I also loved all the characters, each one added something to the movie. It is scary without being over the top, and has some excellent surprises.