Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cheshire Cat Disappearing Coffee Mug - Add Hot Water and Watch The Cheshire Cat Disappear Except for its Grin - Comes in a Fun Gift Box
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.65. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Well, I've often seen a cat without a grin,' thought Alice, 'but a grin without a cat is the most curious thing! We don't know what Lewis Carroll was drinking when he wrote Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, but we're pretty sure it wasn't tea or coffee.
- From the Caterpillar with the hookah to the Mad Hatter, his characters were as "out there" as Carroll himself. The Cheshire Cat Mug celebrates one of our favorite Wonderland characters. Pour any hot liquid into this mug and the cat disappears, leaving only his famous grin! It's guaranteed to leave a smile on your face, too.
- 10 oz. mug. Heat changing mugs are microwave safe, but not dishwasher safe.
- From the Unemployed Philosophers Guild. Don't worry. We are employed, just not as philosophers. UPG is a small Brooklyn based company specializing in gifts for the sophisticated gift giver. Click on our brand name near the product title on this page for more presents of mind.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Brought to You by The Unemployed Philosophers Guild
The origins of the Unemployed Philosophers Guild are shrouded in mystery. Some accounts trace the Guild's birth to Athens in the latter half of the 4th century BCE. Allegedly, several lesser philosophers grew weary of the endless Socratic dialogue endemic in their trade and turned to crafting household implements and playthings. (Hence the assertions that Socrates quaffed his hemlock poison from a Guild-designed chalice, though vigorous debate surrounds the question of whether it was a "disappearing" chalice.)
Others argue that the UPG dates from the High Middle Ages, when the Philosophers Guild entered the world of commerce by selling bawdy pamphlets to pilgrims facing long lines for the restroom. Business boomed until 1211 when Pope Innocent III condemned the publications. Not surprisingly, this led to increased sales, even as half our membership was burned at the stake.
More recently, revisionist historians have pinpointed the birth of the Guild to the time it was still cool to live in New York City's Lower East Side. Two brothers turned their inner creativity and love of paying rent towards fulfilling the people's needs for finger puppets, warm slippers, coffee cups, and cracking up at stuff.
Top customer reviews
I highly recommend that if you have a die-hard Alice fan, you purchase two mugs: one they can actually use for drinking and one that can sit on a shelf and by admired or at least have the second one ready as a backup for when the first one starts to go bad.
1) Don't put it in the dishwasher!!! This is my second one because a roommate put it in the dishwasher after I said not to. All the graphics melted right off. If you're too lazy to hand wash a cup... this is not for you.
2) Don't let it sit in the sun. Mine sits on my desk at work, and the side that faces the window has faded significantly. I knew art faded in the sun, but that didn't even cross my mind for a cup.
Other than that, I would highly recommend this for any Alice fan.
However, I did notice upon first use of the mug that the "Disappearing Cheshire Cat" does not disappear entirely. Some of the black speckles on his back remain black even when hot liquid is poured into the mug up to the brim, and he turns an overall light greyish color instead of turning completely white as the packaging implies. Regardless of this fact, I still give the mug a high rating because of its whimsical quality and exceptionally detailed graphics.