Truck Season Automotive Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Chew, Vol. 5: Major League Chew
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$4.69+ Free shipping

on July 31, 2015
I'm so glad I took a chance on Chew. I really think it keeps getting better with each volume. The story continues to unfold and keeps up the pace. We learn more about Tony's ability as well as his daughter's. This volume keeps up with the fun, humor and action of the other ones. The art is great and a style that really goes well with the tone of the book. I love noticing all the little things in the background too. Makes me chuckle.

If you read Chew before you probably know how much fun it is. This volume will not let you down. Pick it up.
on May 7, 2012
Okay. Picture this. Tony Chu wearing a kilt. Riding a segway.

If you're still reading this and not out buying the latest volume of Chew, you must not be acquainted with this wonderfully weird series about an FDA agent with a very strange gift. - (See Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice)

It's a great day! Even Mike Applebee's sweat stains are smiling. Why? Because the bane of Mike's existence, Chu, has been demoted to traffic. Hence, the kilt/segway thing. But, this is Chu we're talking about here. Things will begin to get wacky before the ink on his first parking ticket has dried.

This is a great addition to the series. You'll see plenty of familiar faces popping up in the book. Those astoundingly top-heavy gals from the USDA are back. So is sportswriter Dan, Amelia's insanely jealous and insanely insane ex-beau from the last installment. And two of my favorite things - coffee and chocolate - play a big part in the action.

Where else can you find baseball, Elvis impersonators, butter sculpture, and severed limbs all in one slim, colorful volume.

Welcome back, Chew.
2 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2013
I've been avidly following Chew, due to the fascinating abilities and subtly-different take on the USA. However, this volume takes it a bit far with the gore. Normally I enjoy comics that don't shy away from the gore, as I'm a big fan of The Boys and The Punisher: Max. This edition, though, goes a bit far on the corpse-eating and it starts to feel gratuitous.
One person found this helpful
on March 6, 2017
I've said it for four volumes, and I'll say it again. CHEW is an amazing series. If you're not reading it, read it. With how well each issue and volume is structured, I'm relishing the growing tension of the series. There's no doubt in my mind that we're in for some rapidly moving volumes coming up, which is crazy to me because volume five flew by. Read CHEW.
on March 19, 2018
I like very good products.
on May 27, 2012
Volume 5 was my least favorite of the series so far, but with how much I love all the other volumes that's not really a bad thing. It's still great, just not as eventful as the others. But for anybody that's already read the others, you'll still love it.
on January 28, 2013
...and making Agent Chu eat it.

The story is truly sick and inspired. The volume divides its attention b/w Chu and his #### (hashtags to prevent a spoiler for those who haven't read Vol. 4).

Rob's art just keeps getting better. I don't know of another penciler whose style is in the same universe as Rob's. It is worth picking up Vol.5 just to admire the pages. As for John Layman, what hasn't been said already? He's truly a story-telling master.
on January 18, 2017
John Layman and Rob Guillory make a wonderful creative team. I've loved every page of Chew and I'm starving for more.
on February 10, 2014
It's unique, a story that only works in the comicbook format, funny, exciting, has moments of sadness and the characters stay in your head long after you've finished reading it.
on December 2, 2012
Like every trade paperback before it, this volume of "Chew" doesn't pull any punches, either with the humor *or* the ghastliness. Tony Chu is taken prisoner by his girlfriend's sadistic ex, and forced to - well, let's just say that what he makes Tony eat isn't too fresh...and hasn't been for several decades. John Layman and Rob Guillory are killing it here at nearly the middle of the book. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.