BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Chew Volume 2: International Flavor
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 2, 2016
This is comedy series, in my opinion. Not action, not adventure, it uses crime solving as a plot device more than an actual plot. It's comedy, and it's pretty funny. I didn't like this volume as much as the first, but it was still pretty good. I was confused a few times, like "Why are the characters here, why is this happening, why does the character think this is important..." but they're probably setting up for later volumes so I understand that much at least. It didn't hurt the story. I genuinely enjoyed it. Definitely picking up volume three.
The books are cheap, and fun.
If you're looking for some lighthearted fare, check out Chew from Image Comics.
on January 4, 2017
We continue to follow Tony, but this time we head into international waters. He had followed clues to this little island and is determined to solve the mystery of the Gallsberry. Which he’s told is fruit that tastes like chicken when cooked and appeared sometime after the chicken prohibition. As he’s gathering intel he begins to notice that there’s something much bigger going on. Its bigger than Tony ever expected and he can’t turn away now. Especially when the evidence is all starting to link to cases in the previous volume… Tony’s old partner reappears, his brother is tangled in the mess yet again, and he finally gets to save the girl!
on March 2, 2017
The second volume of CHEW is as delightful as the first. It's impossible to do anything but marvel at the creativity John Layman and Rob Guillory bring to the series. The writing keeps me engaged and every panel is a visual treat. I can't wait to scoop up a heaping helping of volume three next.
on August 9, 2017
ok
on June 22, 2013
This series is becoming one of my favorites. You just don't see many of these types of concepts actually being made. It's like those ideas that you bounce back and forth with your friends and think "wow it would be so cool if..." but nothing really materializes. Up to this point of the series I think the author has done a great job in telling Tony Chu's character but it's a bit lacking when it comes to a lot of the other characters. I hope by Volume 3 and 4 the author fleshes out the other characters a bit more. Overall great story and I can't wait to see where the rest of the series goes.
on October 2, 2013
I love:
the stories, the art, the characters, the design, the plot, and everything about Chew. If you do too, and need this issue, BUY IT.
it is really great to see such a fresh idea executed so well. from conception to final product Chew is a great series.

Don't know about Chew? Go ahead and order it, and make sure you get the previous volume, as well as the next 4 volumes!!
You will love it. I Promise.

Go, DO IT !
on July 25, 2010
This series was off to a great start. It was a completely fresh idea that was well executed and well illustrated. Most titles tend to lose their appeal after the first story arc but Chew did not. It is still going strong with new characters and fresh ideas. If you are squeamish at the idea of blood or gore in a comic, then this book is not exactly for you, even though the levels of violence and gore are minimal and done in a cartoonish way. If you would like to hear more reviews check out my Podcast at [...] or just type in "comixcenter" into iTunes to find it.
on January 26, 2017
Had a lot of fun reading this volume aswell as the first one
Alright, I read and did a video review of the first graphic novel. Then immediately ordered Vols. 2 & 3... Read them in One Night. I am hooked. Love it. The art works SO well with the story and the story keeps my attention and keeps me thinking and laughing. What the hell more could you want???? Link to my video review of Vol. 2 & 3- [...] (too long for Amazon to host, sorry).
on April 24, 2013
I've never read a book in which the storyline overshadows the characters, and still remain interesting. Their are constant twist and never a dull moment; not to mention a wide variety of supporting characters that pop in and out of the story. Chew is one of the most interesting comics I've read in a long time.