The ChiWalking program is an entirely new approach to creating health, fitness and well-being through the activity of walking. ChiWalking blends walking with the inner focuses of T'ai Chi, the ancient Chinese martial art that has gained much notoriety in this country for creating balance, strength, and improved cognition.
Moderate exercise, such as walking, has improved the health and longevity of millions of people. ChiWalking is an inspirational, mind-body, heath and fitness program that will get you up and out, and moving towards better health.
The Five Mindful Steps are used throughout the book and the program to reinforce the body-mind component inherent in each step.
1. Get Aligned - physically with your posture, mentally with your intentions
2. Engage Your Core - physically with your lower abdominals, mentally by using your will power
3. Create Balance - physically between your upper and lower body and also between the right side and the left side of your body, mentally by creating a balanced fitness program
4. Make a Choice - physically to walk in a new way, mentally to create health
5. Move Forward - physically with grace and ease, mentally by focusing your mind on the next mindful step
These Five Mindful Steps take you through an entire health and fitness program that will leave you energized, and looking forward to each walk.