Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.63 shipping
Chia Pet Bob Ross, the Joy of Painting Decorative Pottery Planter, Easy to Do and Fun to Grow, Novelty Gift, Perfect for Any Occasion (Contains Packets for 3 Plantings)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$5.02 (24%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE: Includes a unique pottery planter, convenient plastic drip tray and chia seed packets for 3 plantings.
- FULL GROWTH 1-2 WEEKS: In just a few short weeks your chia pet will achieve maximum growth and enjoy a luscious green coat. Each Chia Pet contains a simple 6 step care instruction on how to grow your creation.
- MULTIPLE USES: Chia Planters can be washed and replanted indefinitely. The fun never stops with ch-ch-ch-chia pets!
- GREAT GIFT FOR ANY OCCASION: Chia Pets are the perfect and affordable gift for any budget. Both kids and adults will love to watch chia planters sprout and develop into a hilarious creation.
- THE CHIA COLLECTION: The variety is endless! Chia Pets come in all different shapes and sizes including your favorite presidents, actors, emojis, and even movie characters. Watch your collection keep growing!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Easy to Do … Fun to Grow! Full Coat in About 1 – 2 Weeks. Reuse Your Chia Indefinitely. Simply replant with Chia Seeds packets (extra seeds included) or similar herb seeds, such as basil, alfalfa, marjoram or thyme.
Bob Ross Chia Pet Handmade Decorative Planter – Watch It Grow!
Step 1: Add 1/4 cup of water to 2 teaspoons of Chia seeds. Stir the mixture after 15 minutes to moisten all seeds, then let it set for 24 hours. This process softens the seed coat and begins the growth cycle of your Chia seeds. In another container, also soak your Chia planter for 24 hours.
Step 2: Carefully apply the seeds evenly to the grooves of your planter, using your fingers, a small knife, or a spatula. Fill your Chia to the top with water. Check the water level daily and add additional water whenever necessary. Some leakage in the drip tray is normal. Discard the accumulated water daily.
Step 3: Keep full of water. Moist seeds should sprout in about 3 – 5 days.
Step 4: When the air is dry, it is more challenging to keep the seeds moist enough to sprout properly. To promote germination of the seeds, tent a plastic bag over your Chia. Do not allow the plastic to touch the planter! This will create a greenhouse environment for your Chia. When most of the seeds have sprouted (about 3 to 4 days), remove the bag and place your Chia in a sunny location.
Step 5: A small amount of white fuzz is normal when your Chia seeds first sprout. This is actually the emergence of root hairs, and is the second stage of growth for your Chia seeds. Misting your Chia with a spray bottle will help give the root hairs a less fuzzy appearance. If the fuzz persists past the first week, it is likely that you have a mildew problem. Your Chia can still be used. Scrub the seeds off the planter using a brush. Soak your Chia in a solution of 1 tablespoon bleach to 1 gallon of water for a half hour to help remove any mildew residue. Rinse well with clear water and proceed as above. Grows quickly to full coat. Reuse your Chia indefinitely. Simply replant with Chia (extra seeds included) or similar herb seeds, such as basil, timothy, alfalfa, marjoram or thyme.
- Handmade Pottery Planter
- Chia Seed Packet for 3 Plantings
- Convenient Plastic Drip Tray
- Planting & Care Instructions Sheet
The original pottery planter that grows a green coat! welcome a new Edition to the Chia family with bob Ross Chia pet! he was the host of the most watched art show in TV history "the joy of painting". contains: handmade pottery planter; Chia seed packet for 3 plantings; convenient plastic drip tray; planting & care instructions.