Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 198 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 205 reviews
on February 27, 2017
For $30 I couldn't resist. I had wanted one for ages. I was balling up yarn maybe a minute after unpacking it. Packs up very small too!
on January 27, 2017
Fantastic! Love it!
on March 24, 2017
I ordered this for my knitting group to use because I have a 10 year old similar one. Works well except the center pin was too tight, so didn't turn as easily as it should. A little very fine sandpaper made it just enough smaller so it now turns easily. Otherwise, I am very happy with the swift, as it is very quick to set up and stores completely flat, only a little more than an inch thick.
on October 28, 2010
I needed a swift that was small, or could fold up to fit in a small area. This of course fit the bill. What worried me was, would it work well being this small. I was afraid it would slip on the table. As soon as it got to me, I had it out of the box and was winding up a 450+ yard hank of yarn. It worked perfectly. I'm extremely happy with this product.
11 comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2017
It spin smoothly with no grinding or grabbing and stays put on the table even at higher spin speeds. So far it has fit the various hanks I've used on it. It works well with my Knit Picks ball winder whether I have the winder attached to a table or using it with the handle and holding it. I am very happy I finally invested in a yarn swift and went with this one.
on May 15, 2012
I got this originally mis-reading the product headline, I thought it was Amish-made! (It is not. It is made in China and distributed in the US, just in case you were wondering.)

I got it pretty quickly, faster than the estimated date. Everything was in the box as should be, although there were 2 scuff marks on one leg of the base already, fresh out of the box. It fit together easily and the wood is, well, real wood, not some particle-board wood-looking replacement. There are small stick-on circular pads for each foot so that it sets gently on your table top or surface; one of these pads was bent/half unstuck so it will probably fall off soon. Easy enough to replace though, so not a big deal.

You put the pegs in different holes depending on what size hank you have. There are measurements to guide you as to which holes you should use for your size hank. It spins very easily, with no noise. You can take the "arm" parts off for easy storage if you need to, which makes it pretty flexible as far as where to store it.

In all, it's not a bad product. I would recommend it, especially for the price.
on May 3, 2016
This swift is so amazing!! Good-bye winding yarn from around my knees or the back of a chair! The wood is nice and smooth and everything fit together perfectly. I love how simple it is. I love how it comes apart for easy storage. I love how inexpensive it is. I love not having to mess with a big folding clamping umbrella-type thing.
on August 21, 2016
Gave this as a present. Did research into swifts and settled on this one. It has been used for 6 months by the recipient and she loves it. Score !!!!
on August 15, 2017
This is probably the smartest purchase that I've made all year and I agonized over it for 6 months! As a die-hard crocheter and fancy-yarn addict, this little swift has been the answer to my dreams. It is very light-weight and the perfect size. I could very easily disassemble it and put it in a tote, which means I can take it anywhere I go. I have kept the box for easy storage beside my bed. The base fits together perfectly, with the two rods overlapping on top with a short spindle in the center. The length for various skeins is noted on one of the longest arms. Everything is smooth to the touch with no snags. The mechanics of the design are simplistic yet they work wonderfully. The first day I used it I wound 15 skeins! Yes, I would totally recommend this to anyone. I'm embarrassed that it took me 6 months to talk myself into buying it!
on February 3, 2011
This is the first yarn swift I have ever used, but I chose this one because it looked simple enough and the price was reasonable. I honestly was unimpressed when I first opened the packaging. When I started using it though, I was really pleased. It's very very easy to use, and holds a lot of yarn. The pegs are great for adjusting the size of the hank. It spins very smoothly, yet there's just enough friction in the center spindle so it does not unwind itself when there's no tension on it. I'm working on unraveling an old sweater for the yarn, and when I pause the swift to pull some yarn out of the stitching, the swift arms stay put. I have not tried pulling yarn from it to wind onto a ball winder yet - that's next on my list of things to learn. My husband likes the fact the swift disassembles and fits into my yarn box - keeps things neat. I would definitely recommend it, and would purchase another one.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.