Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 314 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 329 reviews
on December 28, 2016
When you first see Lou Marazano (Frank Vincent) it has the feel of 'gangster'. When Lorenzo Galante (Mike Starr) shows up there's no doubt about it.

Lou is an old time Chicago hitman, long retired from pulling triggers who steps up to the plate again for "one last time".

The acting is true and the feel is as authentic as any movie wiseguy is going to be. For a decent movie, this is worth watching.
on December 10, 2016
I got right into the moody, dangerous tension of the world the old-fashioned hit man and the detective inhabit. I felt about the characters exactly the way the story demanded, thanks to excellent acting and point-on casting choices.

The story compares and contrasts the the two of them on cultural principles that police and organized crime have in common -- family honor and loyalty to an idea that is bigger than self. The better man won. The lesser man ended up driven by a personal vendetta rather than honor, so he lost the moral battle as well as the professional battle.
on May 6, 2017
I loved this film as Frank Vincent did an incredible job, the camera shots and audio work were excellent and it definitely had a film noir quality to it which I related to immediately. Having spent time in Chicago years ago this movie gave me that same feeling I had when I first stood in the midst of Chicago's concrete canyons. The blues music track was just great. This film didn't have that Hollywood glitz thing which I hate. It was gritty and a character study as another reviewer stated. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time.
on December 17, 2016
Film noir feeling and somewhat cliche story line. The directing and acting keep it very watchable. Actor Frank Vincent never disappoints and there's a twist towards the end that makes the story very satisfying. Vincent plays a contract killer who has not done any work in over 20 years. He comes out of retirement and mayhem ensues as he relearns the work with today's social changes. The outfit has changed a lot, so have the police. He doesn't always come out on top but when he does, its pretty believable. Like Thelma Ritter's character in Rear Window said, people with sense belong wherever they are put.
on December 5, 2016
I enjoyed this character study. Frank Vincent is completely believable in his role of a hard old gangster surrounded in today's world by softer and less committed mobsters and cops. Well done. His girl offers a nice homage to the 1940s movie molls.
on December 1, 2016
Excellent movie. Was much deeper than a "one last job" movie, in fact I don't really think it was about that at all. Give it a chance by starting to watch it, it grabbed me right away as a piece about life- the fact that it takes place in a mob setting made it more interesting, but the message was the same for me. Awesome!
on December 26, 2016
Since I was born and raised in Chicago, these types of films always tug at my heart and get a home-boy reaction out of me. Not a bad movie. There were some well known actors in this, and the most prominent ones are the guys who were in the Sapranos on HBO. It's a little slow at times, but comes back with some good action shots of mobster hits. The plot is weak, but I watch these things for entertainment, not for the depth and moral soul of their characters !
on January 22, 2017
I love this movie. It's a modern film noir but from the "bad" guys point of view. No Bogart detectives here.
This is the 6th time I have watched this movie, and I enjoy it every time.
This is a "respect the code" movie like you don't understand until you have seen this movie.
Everything is great about this movie. Watch it and enjoy it.
I'm 63 and I've seen a lot of movies. This is a good one. Watch, learn, and listen. This is a good movie.
Update: 2017-01-30. Okay, make that seven times. This movie is equal in depth to Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven. Really! Check it out.
on July 5, 2017
I liked that the picture was 16:9. The audio wasn't 5.1 surround. I liked the story. I liked the action and violence. I went to the recommendation list and added the first one to the Watchlist. I didn't read any reviews. Seems Amazon Prime is making spot on suggestions.
on January 28, 2017
I thought the movie was fairly realistic of the mob in the "old" days. Frank Vincent has always played the part of the bad guy. I have seen him in several movies about the "mob" or if you prefer the Mafia. His reminiscing of the old days provided a good depiction of his early times of a ruthless hit man that had no limits in what he would do to finish the job.