Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on May 6, 2016
As a Chicagoan I love your guys, but you are running a messy and crappy app game.

Purchased the App on Kindle.

9.99 daily with daily updates. No more information is given, other than it is supposed to be automatically delivered 5 Am Chicago time.

I wake up get my coffee looking forward to relaxing and reading the Tribune. It only has yesterday's copy that I downloaded. THERE WAS NO WAY TO UPDATE THE PAPER FROM INSIDE THE APP. I went to the app store page to try and understand what the hell was going on. Again, no information other then it updating daily.

I uninstalled the app and hit the purchase price/install button again hoping to update the paper. It updated but also seems to have charged me more money.

Now I am here wasting my time and ruining my relaxing morning because they can't get their act together.

Only after seeing my digital order in Amazon do I see that the pricing is 9.99 a month. Who the hell is going to pay 120 dollars a year for something that is 20 dollars on the Website? Seriously, what the hell Chicago Tribune.
on January 7, 2014
Informative with pertinent local stories and some undercover stories of their own. So someone is still doing research, discovery, not just reading or reporting someone else's work. I would like to see a little less advertisements in the beginning of this paper, but understand the need for this to survive. Also like the current format of the paper; do not like the book format of the Sun Times in Chicago. I use electronic versions, but would hate to see this format be "retired".
on September 23, 2013
It is only a synopsis of the full edition. I am a full subscriber, but the subscriber edition refused to download to my tablet.
on November 8, 2014
Interface was horrible. I couldn't search the paper.
on November 18, 2012
I just bought one issue so I could read a particular story. The Trib does a much better job than my local S.F. Chronicle on including charts with its Kindle edition. For some reason the Chronicle can't do baseball box scores and standings etc. Bravo Tribune!
on March 2, 2015
Being a Chicago Bear fan I sometimes bite on the Kindle edition. Good for sports news but otherwise it is, quite naturally, mostly centered on Chicago news, and the lay out could be a bit better.
on November 3, 2014
I enjoy having articles to read about movies, theatre, sports, Illinois news, Chicago news, and international news at my fingertips. It is great to get the Tribune on my Kindle. Michael Phillips is one of my favorite movie critics in the country.
on December 30, 2013
The best local newspaper in the USA. It has depth of local, national, and international news; good sports coverage, very good entertainment, cultural, and food sections compared to other local papers in San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta or Detroit.
on July 3, 2013
Sports news is fine.....even when there is NO good news for the locals...Cubs/Sox.. The rest is pretty standard for a paper, and really old news by the time they print it. Same for most papers.

Political coverage is dismally slanted left.
on February 20, 2015
I've read many papers from many areas and this is by far the most interesting and well written. I live in Clearwater Florida but enjoy reading Tribune.