Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Chicco Activity Baby Walker (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$39.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Activity center that helps stimulate baby's imagination and coordination skills
- Many amusing games, lights and fun sound effects
- Helps baby to stand up and take its first steps in complete safety
- Walker immediately starts playing an amusing melody when baby takes steps
- Encourages baby to move a few steps more
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Toy contains a marble. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a marble. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1. The activity center on the front was very entertaining for my daughter. Prior to walking, she really enjoyed playing with the front of the walker. Now that she is more comfortable using the walker to walk, it's not as interesting.
2. It's got cheerful music and sound effects that reward play and use of the walker. My daughter is 11 months old, and is starting to walk. The use of this walker has aided her in learning to do so.
3. Assembly is VERY easy. I mean, we're talking idiot-proof.
1. It tips over very easily! If something gets caught under the front, the walker tips over. Sometimes it tips over just because my daughter gets a bit rambunctious using it! She is petite for her age, so her size is not a factor.
2. There are brakes on the back wheels that are useless. They add a slight bit of resistance on the carpet, but otherwise, the walker still goes forward. On hard floors, the brakes, if on, make the walker less stable.
3. Over-priced. There are plenty of other walkers that convert to ride-on toys for comparable costs or even less.
Overall, it's not a bad toy, and it does assist in helping a child learn to walk. However, because it tips forward so easily, I do not feel safe allowing my daughter to use it, unless I am RIGHT behind her. It's worth looking into other walkers, for the cost.
I deliberated a long time over which walker to get for my daughter. I have other Chicco products and do like them a lot. So many of the reviews mention things like tipping, etc. To be honest, I don't think there is a product out there that can save our kids from themselves (a rubber room?!). Of course a baby will find a way to tip something over or fall and bump their heads...but that's why parental involvement is always necessary. Who lets their very young baby out of their sight for more than a second or two?
Our daughter loves this toy. She actually laughs and smiles when she sees it and immediately crawls to it to start walking or playing with the front. The music is silly and cute, but I'm glad it can be turned off and has two volume settings. The shape sorter on the front and ball chute (which makes noise) are the perfect size for baby (our daughter is 9 months old).
While it is lightweight and not perfectly designed (I've rarely found anything that is), your child should only need to use this toy for a few months at the most before they outgrow it or learn how to walk on their own.
I do think it is a bit overpriced for what it is mostly because it does have such a short lifespan (not that it will wear out, just that baby won't need it for too long).
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has hardwood floors. When our pediatrician mentioned getting a walker, she asked if we had carpets or hard floors. She said carpet is better for all of these types of toys. Not only because the toys function better (don't move as fast), but safer for the babies in general (not as many bumps and bruises when learning how to walk).
Pros I noticed thus far:
1) SUPER easy to assemble, no small parts, it only requires 2 AA batteries.
2) Feels very STURDY and my 9 mos old has not been able to flip it despite all his tricks.
3) the BREAK feature is a good thought, yet it will still move but with added resistance. Still better than some others without this feature that will zoom through the floor and guarantee a scary fall for a young baby.
4) the activities in front are thus far entertaining to my 9 mos old.
overall I feel it was a good buy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My daughter STILL plays with this walker and she's 22 months old! She learned to walk with it and how to out balls\ shapes in the holes! Has always worked perfect! Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Was so excited when this arrived. But, during assembly I noticed that the battery cover was missing. Read morePublished on January 10, 2014 by Rubie Grace
My son loves this walker. It's sturdy, cute, and the sounds aren't annoying. Assembly couldn't have been any easier. :)Published on November 22, 2013 by LJ
I bought this walker to help my grandchildren learn to steady themselves in preparation for walking, but it's good for much more than that. Read morePublished on September 29, 2013 by Jamee
A gift for my twin granddaughters -- have several walkers Have not really used it much yet but have looking at it, it seems to be wider and sturdier than the other walkers they... Read morePublished on July 6, 2013 by Sharon L. Hodgins
This was an amazing product. My son used it and was walking shortly after using this. Well built and well engineered.Published on April 2, 2013 by Mike