Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on February 21, 2012
My son hated his room, or crib, or both. It's likely my fault. I resisted a mobile because it didn't really work with the decor and I didn't know if he'd really love it.

Insert Chico First Dream Crib Mobile. All of a sudden my two month old son that would scream bloody murder when laid down loves his crib. You can actually lay him down awake and tired and this entertains then lulls him to sleep.

Best part of all, the mobile has a sound detector that is perfectly sensitive. Coos are nothing but when he starts crying this kicks on and buys me a few more seconds to rub my eyes open and grab a bottle. It's even been known to get him back to sleep unaided!

Very minor complaints, the projector started jerking a little but a light slap and it was back to normal for now. Oh, and it runs on batteries. In my book, the adjustment to sub-par wine for our new battery budget is easily accepted.

This mobile bridged the "plastic, shiny, toys with lights and sounds" and "mommy really likes mid-century clean lines" line.
on December 3, 2011
We purchased this crib mobile in hopes that it would help our 4 month old with her difficulties falling and staying asleep. She absolutely loves the lights and is mesmerized by the planets & stars on the ceiling. Unfortunately, the music even in the quietest mode is still really loud and the songs are way too upbeat and high pitched to be soothing from a sleepiness standpoint. The mobile definitely keeps her attention and she enjoys laying in her crib for some quiet play time, so we won't be returning it, however, I definitely wouldn't recommend spending the money for this mobile if you're only looking for something soothing for bedtime. We'll be sticking with the much less expensive musical seahorse for bedtime readiness. If I were to just rate the mobile/toy itself I would give it 4 stars, however since it's advertised as something that helps babies with sleep, I give it 3 stars.
on January 7, 2015
This is a really cool mobile...if your kid is into mobiles, and not all are. Pros: volume is appropriate; mobile doesn't move faster than a little one can track; the remote is an awesome feature, it's well made and holds onto the side of the crib really well; we also like that the mobile section is removable, giving a lot more life to the entire thing when the kid outgrows the need for a mobile. Cons: the nightlight is sorta useless, unless you just need a source of light to calm a baby, it isn't enough to see by; it has to be turned on in order for the remote function to work, but you can't turn off the auto start triggered by noise, I'd rather decide when to start the music than have it pick up any sound (including a far off dog barking), we've had a couple issues with the music kicking on and waking baby so we leave it in 'off mode' until we want to use it; the remote doesn't have much range either.
on June 15, 2013
My husband and I are adopting soon from foster care so we don't know what ages the children will be. I bought this will the intention of just hanging it over the changing table. However, there is nothing on the back to attach it to a wall or anything. The only way it attached is to a crib rail and it has to be removed when the child can reach it which is about 5 monthes old. They should manufacture it so it can be moved to a wall.

This was perfect for the Star Wars room I'm trying to design. I really liked that it hangs like a regular mobile, plays music, projects planets on the ceiling, and has a remote control. I won't return it. My husband and I are going to work on it to make it hang. There aren't too many planet mobiles out there let alone ones that are reasonable priced. However, I think this one is a little too expensive for something that can only be used a short time only in a crib.

Update: I saved the little wires that attached the mobile into the box and used them to hook onto screws in the wall. This seemed to have worked. Love the music and the cute wall projection it makes. Hopefully, the children will like it too.
on December 13, 2014
I bought TWO of these mobiles for my granddaughter; one for her crib at her parent's house and the other for her crib here at my place, for when she sleeps over 2 nights a week.

Best money I ever invested! She is always fascinated with the various visual features, and I'm certain that the music helps. She's usually asleep before the music ends. I realize that the First Dreams mobile will not work for every child, but for some it is a blessing.

The volume level on the lower setting is just right. The music will start for daytime sounds in other parts of the house if loud enough, and the device draws some power in the standby mode, so remember to turn it off every morning. I find that the batteries will last for quite a while if you follow this practice.

Both mobiles have been in use for 6-months now, and there have not been any issues with either one.
on February 3, 2014
I bought this despite mixed reviews because I wanted it to work, and I thought it would be an easy mobile to add my own dangly shapes- I never even got that far. For the first month or two that it did work it was sort of cool- my son was interested in watching it. But then it malfunctioned- it would only turn on if you pushed buttons on it and the remote in a certain order and even then it would stutter and freeze up. It would not project the light show, and would randomly turn on when we weren't even in the room- I had to make sure it wasn't on before I put my son to bed for fear that it would randomly turn on again and scare him awake.

Our dogs were suspicious of it the whole time. I had the packaging but the return/replacement policy from Chicco was a hassle and I ended up just tossing it. I'm going to blow off sticking with the theme and just get something with good reviews for this new babe.
on May 3, 2012
I LOVE how gorgeous this crib mobile is. Very sleek and didn't have all of those crazy wacky colors the others do. The light up portion is wonderful and amazes my son each time and is a hit with older kids as well. Has a nice variety of music and the remote is great for your child bumps the switch off and you can turn it back on without having to get up.

The reason I gave it 3 stars?

The music plays very loudly, even the less loud switch is pretty loud and not great for getting baby to sleep. The automatic "turn on when baby cries" feature is a nightmare. It turns on even when there is NO noise and wakes the baby up.

Last but not least, the light up stars and moon feature turns off and malfunctions! Sometimes it would not even turn on.

Because of these issues, I returned ours.

If the manufacturer addresses these issues, I will not only buy one again, but by the as gifts for friends.

btw- a plug in version would be great! Batteries really are wasteful!
on May 21, 2013
Every child is different but this mobile has been invaluable to us! We started using it when our son was two months old and we still use it as he approaches nine months. I like that fact that the mobile part comes off and you can still use the music and the projector as the child gets older. Our child is memorized by the projection of stars, moons and suns. It goes great with his space themed room. I love the sound sensor on it. When our child is fussy at night, the music comes on and he easily goes back to sleep. The batteries tend to last for about three weeks for us. Once I took the mobile off, the batteries lasted much longer. If your cribs top horizontal slat is rather wide, this mobile will probably not hook onto it. Thankfully this mobile just fit onto ours.
on November 21, 2014
Really great musical mobile as the light projection is interesting to my baby. Easy to press buttons and easy to attach to crib. However I'm taking one star off because the music is way too loud to soothe baby to sleep (especially with baby right next to it). There is no volume control button to turn it down, so I used sticky tape to cover 3/4 of the speaks which then reduced the volume drastically. It is now much more soothing for baby.
on December 16, 2011
We recently purchased this item for our baby's crib and we were absolutely blown away. The "light show" is gorgeous and mesmerizes baby (and mommy) right away. The music is also lovely, the piece seems sturdy and well built, and it attaches very securely to the crib. I'm also glad the mobile portion can be removed so baby can enjoy the projector when she's bigger.

Overall this item is just beautiful and is very soothing/entertaining for baby (our daughter is about 2 months old now) -- a huge plus when baby is cranky before bed/nap time! This item has quickly become a favorite piece of baby gear and I highly recommend it.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.