Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base, Midori (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Secures baby from 4 to 30 pounds
- Energy-absorbing foam for improved side-impact protection
- Removable newborn insert for smaller babies
- Thickly cushioned seat pad and five-point harness for maximum comfort
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Buy an extra base for convenient back-and-forth between vehicles
- Easy one-hand car seat removal
- Accommodates vehicles without Latch using a built-in lock-off system
- Smooth underside of base protects against damage to vehicle seats
KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat
Proper installation is the Key to making your baby's world safer. #1-rated Chicco KeyFit is the easiest car seat to install: Simply. Accurately. Securely. Every time.
And KeyFit travel systems make traveling with baby even easier. Choose from dozens of Chicco's KeyFit compatible strollers for easy click-in travel
- Seat interior lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam for improved impact protection
- For use from birth up to 30 lbs
- Infant insert for smaller babies from 4-11 lbs
- 5-point harness with one-pull tightener
- Adjustable, multi-position canopy
- Easy one-hand removal from base
- Ergonomically designed carry handle with comfortable grip
- Conforms to FMVSS 213
- Compatible with Chicco Bravo, Cortina, Neuvo, TRE, Activ3, Cortina Together, Liteway Plus, and KeyFit Caddy strollers
- Accommodates vehicles without Latch using a built-in, belt routing, lock-off system
- Smooth underside of base protects against damage to vehicle seats
The Easiest Car Seat to Install
Spring-loaded leveling system provides an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles.
Bubble level-indicators on either side of the base indicate accurate seat angle.
One-pull Latch tightener with force-multiplying technology to help achieve a tight and secure fit with a fraction of the effort!
#1-Rated Infant Car Seat
Fits your vehicle. Fits your child. The KeyFit Infant Car Seat is #1-rated for its ease of installation and its comfortable and secure fit for babies 4-30 pounds.
One-pull Harness Adjustment
5-point harness has a one-pull tightener for easy adjustments.
Infant insert holds smaller babies comfortably and securely from 4 to 11 pounds.
KeyFit secures easily onto the base with a reassuring audible Click! And can be easily removed from the base with just one hand.
Top Customer Reviews
We were in an accident when she was 5 months old and rolled our SUV one and a half times, landing upside down. She stayed put - she started crying but there wasn't a scratch on her, thank God. As a precaution we took her by ambulance to Dell Children's Hospital, but she checked out OK with all of the doctors there. They told us to keep doing what we had been doing, and that the car seat not only saved her life, but saved her from minor/serious injury. Our doctor also told us that having your child in an infant seat as long as possible is the best way to keep them safe.
We went onto Amazon the next day and ordered the exact same car seat (you have to replace ANY car seat after an accident).Read more ›
Before I begin I'd like to mention that each kefit 30 works the same, clicks the same and weighs virtually the same. But here are the 4 types of chicco keyfit 30 carseat canopys.
1) the "sporty" canopy- these are the ones that resemble baseball cap visors, and do not give a tremendous amount of sunshade. it is about this category that ppl have their issues with.( its important to mention, that albeit this minor flaw, people STILL swear by this car seat)
2) the "magic" canopy- these provide extra sunshade in that there is a zipper in the rear that when you open it extend the canopy by a mesh opening that provides an adequate amount of shade.
3) the "3-panel canopy"- this is the tricky one. These as well provide great sun protection. However, The only way to know if the one your looking at is a "3-panel canopy, youll have to check if this particular style (for example the keyfit 30 papyrus) comes in the matching BRAVO stroller system. If it does , then your car seat is a "3-panel canopy" which has much more shade than the "sporty" canopys.
4) the "ZIP" canopies. These provide ample sunshade as well, but the zip is just more of a fashion statement.Read more ›
Britax B-Agile/B-Safe travel system, approx. cost $336 + tax
Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller, Chicco KeyFit 30 Car Seat, and the Baby Jogger Car Seat Adapter, approx. cost $495 + tax
We tested the systems to determine which would be the best for our baby. As engineers, we approached the tests in full scientific fashion by creating a specific list of points to evaluate. I marked the winner of each criterion (if there was one) with a “*” below.
--How easily each car seat base could be installed in our Honda Civic and into our Toyota Highlander--
Britax B-safe – Took less than five minutes to install properly after watching a YouTube video showing how to do it.
*Chicco KeyFit 30 – Fewer steps and adjustments required than the B-safe. It’s touted as being the easiest car seat to install on the market. While I haven’t tried to install every car seat available, it was very easy!
--How much room was left in the front seats with the car seat and base installed (my husband is 6’4” and requires ample leg room, whereas I am 5’4” and can handle more compact spaces). My husband tends to drive when I am in the car, so we put the car seat behind the passenger seat. It would be impossible to fit a 6’4” man and car seat in a row.--
Britax B-safe – For both the Civic and the Highlander, the passenger seat had to be pulled forward from the position that I normally ride with it in. The Civic resulted in about 3 inches between my knees and the dashboard, whereas the Highlander had a more comfortable 7 inches.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
System is easy to use. So easy to install. I have one major complaint... The sun visor/canopy provides no shade. This is awful for my summer baby in the south. Read morePublished 4 hours ago by Ckelly
None of the product literature mentions the height limit. It clearly states the weight limit (30 lbs), implying this seat will last until the baby is about 2 1/2 years old. Read morePublished 1 day ago by L. Sonko
So easy to click and and out of car seat adapter, stroller, etc.! Having the infant insert was awesome the first 3 months and knowing we will use this for a while made us feel... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Used it for a crash test of my product (Snugglebundl). It was superb and passed on all fronts!Published 3 days ago by mike e.
When having a child one must have a quality car seat in order to know they are protected in case the worst happens. Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat certainly fits that bill. Read morePublished 4 days ago by D&RW
I bought this for my second child and can say it is worth every penny. We had a track with our first and it was heavy and a pain to switch the base from one car to another. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
LOVE this car seat! I got a Chicco travel system as a gift for my sister's baby and fell in love with it. Read morePublished 8 days ago by NickiJo7