Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,902 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,339 reviews
on October 12, 2015
Let's be clear- I personally do not love this book. I personally am so and totally beyond over this book. I personally don't understand why anyone's writing about the alphabet in a coconut tree. I personally am a bit concerned that all of these little ones are running free up a coconut tree with no supervision. I personally think "a" has a bit of an attitude. But my 2.5 year old LOVES it. Beyond loves it; we have TWO copies of this book. I have one in my room on her shelf and she has one she's loved to destruction in her bedroom. She can kinda "read" it- she can tell you the entire story even if it's not in front of her. And she loves that all of the letters are in the back. I'm fairly sure I can thank this book for the fact that she knows her upper case and lower case letters. Every bedtime ends with this story ( I don't even read it anymore- I have it memorized.) There are no fights when the lights go off because the sun goes down on the coconut tree.
on September 21, 2016
My 3 month old is captivated! I'm not sure if she's making the connection to the letters, words, or the fact that I'm reading it, but she scans every page! The board book is sturdy and easy to handle, so I let my girl hold it and play with the pages as well.
review image
on April 30, 2015
I first heard of this book when a mom was reading to her child out loud. My husband and I thought, what a weird book about coconut trees and alphabets. We thought she made it up.

Enter baby and when we shopped for books this was a bestseller. We bought it and couldn't believe that was the story the mom recited! To my surprise, it was the only book that held my newborns attention. To this day -- now 6 months -- she is still captivated by the book images and rhythm. Favorite book for baby!
review image
VINE VOICEon March 20, 2015
This is one of my wife's favorite books to read to our two girls (they love it too). The only copy we had was in a big anthology of children's stories, so I purchased this copy to have a version that's a bit easier to read, and I'm so glad I did.

Some of the board books we've purchased in the past have turned out to be abridged versions of the book, and I was concerned this one would be too (especially for less than $5) since one other reviewer mentioned she'd seen an abridged version of the board book. The one we got from amazon, though, is the full book.

Our anthology has two two-page spreads on each page, which is great for fitting a lot of kids' stories into one book, but somewhat reduces the visual impact of the book. The board book, though, features color illustrations that go right to the edge of the page. I was surprised to see how much more impactful the illustrations are when presented this way.
on April 22, 2017
Both my daughters LOVE this book. It is a great way to introduce the alphabet, with a catchy rhythm and cute illustrations. I've given it as a gift and would definitely recommend it as a must-have for any little kid's library.
Yes, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom might be helpful for reading readiness. But maybe just importantly- at least for me- is that this is a book you won't get tired of reading to kids. They'll learn to recite along with you, and they'll laugh and giggle, and you won't mind reading this book with them over and over. I have great memories of reading this book to my nephews again and again.
on May 9, 2017
Get ready because this one is requested over and over. Very cute "learn your letters" book. Chicka, Chicka, Boom, BOOM!
on April 30, 2017
My 2-year-old grand-baby loves this book and it is helping him learn his ABC's.
on May 1, 2017
Rhythmic and Rhyming: A fun read with the ABC's as the humorous focus.
on January 7, 2005
My 18 month old son loves this book so much that he has me read it to me 3-4 times in a row everytime we pick it up. I myself have a lesson to learn from this book. The lesson provided is to keep getting back up even though you've fallen and that everyone falls sometimes. My son literally cries when the letters come falling down because he can relate. He sniffles at the next page when the mamas and papas come and hug and dust off their babies, and by the time we make it to, "M is looped, N is stooped, O is twisted alley-oop, skit skat skoodle doot, flip flop flee", he is laughing and giggling. And he smiles in the end when the letter 'A' triumphs in a final and sucessful climb in the moon light. The ryhyming and word play are fun and charming. Nowhere have a found anything that takes a child through the emotional trama of failing and then helps them up and out of it, giving them courage to try again (and they learn the alphabet at the same time!). This book belongs on everyone's shelf. I don't care how old you are. It's a life lesson we all need to learn.