Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Russell Dickerson PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 22, 2017
My kids favorite book. This was hardback and has held up well. My kids like the song to this book. We often sing it while reading the book. Good illustrations and bright colors.
on August 3, 2003
I enjoyed this book so much, I am purchasing the board book version of it. It is one of the few books I have read to my daughter and day care children that totally drew them in from the second line. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a daring yet impish race of the small alphabet letters up to the top of a coconut tree with vivid artwork on every page. When the tree is weighed down with all the letters, it bends and the child-like letters fall down to be picked up by the large letters described as the mamas and the papas and the uncles and the aunts. Theya re all gathered up and put to bed when all the sudden out comes little a again..and the fun starts again. It is so fun to read for the adults too. What a great way to show the relationship betwen large and small alphabet letters! We even started a game with me saying, "Chicka chicka?" and them cheering back, "BOOM BOOM!"
The author captures the tone of children at play, keeps a rhythm that is easy to follow, and provides a warm sunny way for children to remember the alphabet. It is well worth the money and I will look for more offerings from the author in the future. I also used it as a tool for homeschooling my daughter who has just turned 4. After the purchase and use of this book, she can easily recognize all letters large and small which makes it so much easier when you work on phonics and early reading. The book made it FUN and that is what I liked the most.
Get this book!!! It's educational, affordable, and fun!
on September 19, 2015
One of our favorites. We had to order a new one since our original was so well loved. This fun book has bright, colorful, simple pictures with very clear letters. No fancy versions in this one. Lower case letters use rhyme and repetition as they climb to the top of the coconut tree. When they all get up, they all fall down. Upper case letters (parents and other relatives) come help the little letters and we are told of each letters' injury.

This is a classic for most classrooms and homes when teaching children about the alphabet. My older kids still love to hear it and my preschooler loves pointing out the letters. She also loves to help me during the repetition.

Definitely a book worth purchasing.
on August 3, 2012
I had to look up what a lap book was before I bought this product. It is a larger version of a board book, suitable for reading to kids and holding up so more than one child can see the pictures. So.. this is exactly what I wanted. Both my twins love this book and insist on hearing it for bedtime. With the larger version they can both see it just fine and since it is in a board book format I can leave it with them without the Destructive one tearing pages out (already removed some pages from the paperback version of this story). I was worried about the earlier reviewer who said this was just a hardcover version even though it was labeled a board book. I think he must have pushed the wrong button or been shipped the wrong version. I was careful to buy the "lap board" version and it is a true board book with thick cardboard interior pages just like a typical (small) board book.
on July 1, 2017
The original 1989 version of this book was a favorite of my daughters when they were young. Since it is so fun to read, it was also one of my favorites to read to them. This was a nightly book, amongst others of their choice. (I read a lot of books to my girls.) My sister in law is having her first baby soon. Instead of cards, she asked that people gift her new daughter with their favorite child's book. I accidently purchased the condensed version of this (Chicka Chicka Boom Boom ABC), and I was SO disappointed when I got it. So, here I am again on Amazon, reordering the version that I love, that my daughter's loved, and that I hope my sister in law and her new daughter will love too. This is a great book, and a wonderful way for a child to learn to love their ABC's.
on February 23, 2017
My 6 year old loves them. Fun way to learn letters and numbers!!!!! Delivered on time and in excellent new condition.
on October 10, 2016
This is a HARDY board book. My toddler loves "chicky boom boom boom" at daycare, to the point where I got him his own copy so he'd ease up on the requests to read it at school. He loves the book, and it has put up with so much rough play: it's been dropped down the steps; chewed by a teething baby; had food spilled on it; dropped in a puddle -- yet it is still readable. The pages are extremely thick when compared to typical board books (which is a very, very good thing). The water probably did the most damage, and that only to the corners of the book which are a little whitened. It is a heavy book, so you might want to be careful if you have a toddler who has tantrums where they throw things. The very last page is also just the alphabet in both upper and lowercase letters, which is nice if you have a child just learning the alphabet.
on July 24, 2016
This is one of the greatest children's books of all time. My children love this cute little rhyming tale about all of the letters in the alphabet. We have owned both the board book and the paperback version, and in my experience, by the time that children are able to really enjoy this book, they are able to handle paper page books. My favorite part of this book in the alphabet pages at the beginning and end. This is always a perfect time for me to review the alphabet with my children WHILE pointing to each letter as we sing it. This helps eliminate the confusion of "LMNOP" being one letter! haha
on March 25, 2017
great book set for kids.
on January 4, 2007
The beautiful artwork, the engaging rhyme, the humorous story! This book is a hit of sight, sound & mind; helping children to recognize & remember all the letters of the alphabet, lowercase & uppercase! -- Not only is it a story that my children clamor for almost every day, but it is a story that I don't get tired of reading with them. -- We read it in the afternoon because they find it far too stimulating for bedtime (my children enthusiastically recite the text & act out the story!) But it is a definite must-have in any child's library!