Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 1,916 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,356 reviews
on October 12, 2015
Let's be clear- I personally do not love this book. I personally am so and totally beyond over this book. I personally don't understand why anyone's writing about the alphabet in a coconut tree. I personally am a bit concerned that all of these little ones are running free up a coconut tree with no supervision. I personally think "a" has a bit of an attitude. But my 2.5 year old LOVES it. Beyond loves it; we have TWO copies of this book. I have one in my room on her shelf and she has one she's loved to destruction in her bedroom. She can kinda "read" it- she can tell you the entire story even if it's not in front of her. And she loves that all of the letters are in the back. I'm fairly sure I can thank this book for the fact that she knows her upper case and lower case letters. Every bedtime ends with this story ( I don't even read it anymore- I have it memorized.) There are no fights when the lights go off because the sun goes down on the coconut tree.
on September 21, 2016
My 3 month old is captivated! I'm not sure if she's making the connection to the letters, words, or the fact that I'm reading it, but she scans every page! The board book is sturdy and easy to handle, so I let my girl hold it and play with the pages as well.
review image
VINE VOICEon March 20, 2015
This is one of my wife's favorite books to read to our two girls (they love it too). The only copy we had was in a big anthology of children's stories, so I purchased this copy to have a version that's a bit easier to read, and I'm so glad I did.

Some of the board books we've purchased in the past have turned out to be abridged versions of the book, and I was concerned this one would be too (especially for less than $5) since one other reviewer mentioned she'd seen an abridged version of the board book. The one we got from amazon, though, is the full book.

Our anthology has two two-page spreads on each page, which is great for fitting a lot of kids' stories into one book, but somewhat reduces the visual impact of the book. The board book, though, features color illustrations that go right to the edge of the page. I was surprised to see how much more impactful the illustrations are when presented this way.
on May 9, 2017
Get ready because this one is requested over and over. Very cute "learn your letters" book. Chicka, Chicka, Boom, BOOM!
on June 3, 2017
This is a super fun book, I have a copy for myself and have given them away as gifts for expectant parents!
on April 22, 2017
Both my daughters LOVE this book. It is a great way to introduce the alphabet, with a catchy rhythm and cute illustrations. I've given it as a gift and would definitely recommend it as a must-have for any little kid's library.
on June 25, 2017
We've had this book for over 2 years and while we don't read it much anymore there was a time when my 2 & 3 year old kids wanted to read this every night straight for 2-3 weeks. A great purchase!
Yes, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom might be helpful for reading readiness. But maybe just importantly- at least for me- is that this is a book you won't get tired of reading to kids. They'll learn to recite along with you, and they'll laugh and giggle, and you won't mind reading this book with them over and over. I have great memories of reading this book to my nephews again and again.
on April 30, 2017
My 2-year-old grand-baby loves this book and it is helping him learn his ABC's.
on June 17, 2017
My soms favorite book right now! We read it every night. This isn't the super abbreviated version either so I am bery happy.