Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 12, 2015
Let's be clear- I personally do not love this book. I personally am so and totally beyond over this book. I personally don't understand why anyone's writing about the alphabet in a coconut tree. I personally am a bit concerned that all of these little ones are running free up a coconut tree with no supervision. I personally think "a" has a bit of an attitude. But my 2.5 year old LOVES it. Beyond loves it; we have TWO copies of this book. I have one in my room on her shelf and she has one she's loved to destruction in her bedroom. She can kinda "read" it- she can tell you the entire story even if it's not in front of her. And she loves that all of the letters are in the back. I'm fairly sure I can thank this book for the fact that she knows her upper case and lower case letters. Every bedtime ends with this story ( I don't even read it anymore- I have it memorized.) There are no fights when the lights go off because the sun goes down on the coconut tree.
0Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 21, 2016
My 3 month old is captivated! I'm not sure if she's making the connection to the letters, words, or the fact that I'm reading it, but she scans every page! The board book is sturdy and easy to handle, so I let my girl hold it and play with the pages as well.
review image
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 22, 2017
Aren't youngsters learning to read today SO much younger than most people of my generation ever did? Still amazes me that our grandsons learned their letters with such lightning-fast speed (then again, so many of today's children's shows are educational, as opposed to the simply amusing cartoons we had.) Our 3 year old had already been quite proficient with his ABC's when we gave him this book on his birthday, but we'll get a "2-fer" out of it - a fun reinforcement for him that he'll begin to actually read with, and it'll be waiting in the wings for his 1 year old baby sister (not to mention the newest family addition we recently found out about, due to arrive next May!)

Very simple story in that all of the (lower case) letters are racing to the top of a coconut tree, once they're all up there the tree becomes top-heavy and - "Chicka chicka... BOOM! BOOM!" - bends from the load, they all come tumbling out, incurring normal childhood-type ailments (skinned-knee, stubbed-toe, loose tooth, out of breath, tangled and knotted up, looped, stooped and "twisted alley-oop", etc.) The parents, aunts and uncles (capital letters) come to their aid as the tree trunk straightens back up. BUT... when the full moon comes out that night, "A" sneaks out of bed and - as children will do - double dares them all back up to the top of the tree! The book ends with a 2-page spread of all of the letters, upper and lower case next to each other - a terrific tool to help youngsters recognize both forms, and part of the fun are the rhymes and fun tongue-twister expressions interspersed throughout (i.e. Skit skat skoodle doot/Flip flop flee.) Super cute little book!

You can probably imagine that - having babysat for three of my four grandchildren for 7 years prior to my daughter-in-law becoming a stay-at-home-mom - we have MANY board books included in the large children's library we've built for them over those years - typically, if they're board book versions of a previously released book, they're greatly ABRIDGED versions. I have to say that not only is this one of the highest quality-constructed board books we've purchased, but at 36 pages long (as compared to the hardcover's 40 pages), I think we've actually got most of the entire original book! (Obvious difference would be its size - this is @ 5-1/2" x 7" and a full 3/4" thick, while the hardcover's description lists it as 8.2 x .4 x 10.9.) And what a deal! We purchased this on Amazon for below its imprinted $7.99 US price, and are so pleased with what we received for our dollars - nice, thick pages, bright and eye-catching colors - even our 5-1/2 and 9-1/2 year old grandsons have gotten a kick out of reading this to the little ones!
on January 28, 2018
This is a great book to help learn the alphabet. I normally dump out magnet letters on the floor and he has to find the letter as i read it add it to the tree on the refrigerator.
on January 28, 2018
My son 9 month old loves this book!!! We've been reading this one for about 2 months now and I always know when I grab it to be prepared to have to read it to him at least 2 or 3 times. Luckily the book is so cute I don't mind reading it over and over.
on January 9, 2018
Chicka chicka boom boom will there be enough room? I love this book. It is some much fun to read and he kids really get into it. Buy it if you haven’t already.
on January 30, 2018
This book is educational. It teaches the children the alphabet and brings their creativity to life with the colorful letters on the tree.
on October 10, 2016
This is a HARDY board book. My toddler loves "chicky boom boom boom" at daycare, to the point where I got him his own copy so he'd ease up on the requests to read it at school. He loves the book, and it has put up with so much rough play: it's been dropped down the steps; chewed by a teething baby; had food spilled on it; dropped in a puddle -- yet it is still readable. The pages are extremely thick when compared to typical board books (which is a very, very good thing). The water probably did the most damage, and that only to the corners of the book which are a little whitened. It is a heavy book, so you might want to be careful if you have a toddler who has tantrums where they throw things. The very last page is also just the alphabet in both upper and lowercase letters, which is nice if you have a child just learning the alphabet.
on February 17, 2018
My daughters favorite book when she was a toddler. Now I’m passing it to my cousin son. 😍
on February 18, 2018
Bought this for my future baby cousin, great size, perfect condition.