Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 22, 2017
Aren't youngsters learning to read today SO much younger than most people of my generation ever did? Still amazes me that our grandsons learned their letters with such lightning-fast speed (then again, so many of today's children's shows are educational, as opposed to the simply amusing cartoons we had.) Our 3 year old had already been quite proficient with his ABC's when we gave him this book on his birthday, but we'll get a "2-fer" out of it - a fun reinforcement for him that he'll begin to actually read with, and it'll be waiting in the wings for his 1 year old baby sister (not to mention the newest family addition we recently found out about, due to arrive next May!)

Very simple story in that all of the (lower case) letters are racing to the top of a coconut tree, once they're all up there the tree becomes top-heavy and - "Chicka chicka... BOOM! BOOM!" - bends from the load, they all come tumbling out, incurring normal childhood-type ailments (skinned-knee, stubbed-toe, loose tooth, out of breath, tangled and knotted up, looped, stooped and "twisted alley-oop", etc.) The parents, aunts and uncles (capital letters) come to their aid as the tree trunk straightens back up. BUT... when the full moon comes out that night, "A" sneaks out of bed and - as children will do - double dares them all back up to the top of the tree! The book ends with a 2-page spread of all of the letters, upper and lower case next to each other - a terrific tool to help youngsters recognize both forms, and part of the fun are the rhymes and fun tongue-twister expressions interspersed throughout (i.e. Skit skat skoodle doot/Flip flop flee.) Super cute little book!

You can probably imagine that - having babysat for three of my four grandchildren for 7 years prior to my daughter-in-law becoming a stay-at-home-mom - we have MANY board books included in the large children's library we've built for them over those years - typically, if they're board book versions of a previously released book, they're greatly ABRIDGED versions. I have to say that not only is this one of the highest quality-constructed board books we've purchased, but at 36 pages long (as compared to the hardcover's 40 pages), I think we've actually got most of the entire original book! (Obvious difference would be its size - this is @ 5-1/2" x 7" and a full 3/4" thick, while the hardcover's description lists it as 8.2 x .4 x 10.9.) And what a deal! We purchased this on Amazon for below its imprinted $7.99 US price, and are so pleased with what we received for our dollars - nice, thick pages, bright and eye-catching colors - even our 5-1/2 and 9-1/2 year old grandsons have gotten a kick out of reading this to the little ones!
on January 9, 2018
Chicka chicka boom boom will there be enough room? I love this book. It is some much fun to read and he kids really get into it. Buy it if you haven’t already.
on December 29, 2017
Popular book for young children. This style of book works well if you are needing it to last a long time.
on January 6, 2018
Bought this for my niece and nephews so I can enjoy reading them some classic books I grew up with.
on January 7, 2018
My kids loved this book growing up and now my daughter bought it for babysitting.
on January 11, 2018
Arrived on time and is a cute book for mother to read to baby.
on January 1, 2018
My girls LOVE this book.
on December 28, 2017
Bought it for my daughter! Book came in brand new condition! Great addition to her library! Thanks again!
on January 13, 2018
neice loved it
on January 15, 2018
The item arrived in reasonable time. I'm thoroughly satisfied with the item.