BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 17, 2017
This book is a big hit in our house. My toddler loves it and I love reading it to him. At the end of the book, I read out the alphabet to him and then voice out every letter he points to. It's fun and great bedtime activity.
on October 18, 2017
This was one of my kids' favorite books and I was happy to find it for my granddaughter!
on October 15, 2017
Great book for toddlers.
on August 3, 2003
I enjoyed this book so much, I am purchasing the board book version of it. It is one of the few books I have read to my daughter and day care children that totally drew them in from the second line. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a daring yet impish race of the small alphabet letters up to the top of a coconut tree with vivid artwork on every page. When the tree is weighed down with all the letters, it bends and the child-like letters fall down to be picked up by the large letters described as the mamas and the papas and the uncles and the aunts. Theya re all gathered up and put to bed when all the sudden out comes little a again..and the fun starts again. It is so fun to read for the adults too. What a great way to show the relationship betwen large and small alphabet letters! We even started a game with me saying, "Chicka chicka?" and them cheering back, "BOOM BOOM!"
The author captures the tone of children at play, keeps a rhythm that is easy to follow, and provides a warm sunny way for children to remember the alphabet. It is well worth the money and I will look for more offerings from the author in the future. I also used it as a tool for homeschooling my daughter who has just turned 4. After the purchase and use of this book, she can easily recognize all letters large and small which makes it so much easier when you work on phonics and early reading. The book made it FUN and that is what I liked the most.
Get this book!!! It's educational, affordable, and fun!
Enthusiast: Cookingon August 8, 2015
I work with preschool age children and this book is in almost every Pre-K room I visit. It's a fun introduction to the alphabet in my opinion. The pages are colorful without too much to look at on each page. You do have to read this story with some sort of inflection and excitement or else it will lose some of the charm of the story. I bought this book for my niece who is going to be turning 2. Her mom is a big book person, so i thought this would be a good addition to their growing library of children's books. The book arrived quickly and in good condition. it is a true board book with durable pages. I think it would be very difficult for a child to destroy this, short of maybe sticking it in water for an extended period of time. I do recommend to anyone thinking of buying this.
on October 16, 2017
I'm a homeschooler. This is a great book to introduce toddlers to the alphabet. Even my 6 month old watches the pictures as we read. GOOD JOB
on September 19, 2015
One of our favorites. We had to order a new one since our original was so well loved. This fun book has bright, colorful, simple pictures with very clear letters. No fancy versions in this one. Lower case letters use rhyme and repetition as they climb to the top of the coconut tree. When they all get up, they all fall down. Upper case letters (parents and other relatives) come help the little letters and we are told of each letters' injury.

This is a classic for most classrooms and homes when teaching children about the alphabet. My older kids still love to hear it and my preschooler loves pointing out the letters. She also loves to help me during the repetition.

Definitely a book worth purchasing.
on August 3, 2012
I had to look up what a lap book was before I bought this product. It is a larger version of a board book, suitable for reading to kids and holding up so more than one child can see the pictures. So.. this is exactly what I wanted. Both my twins love this book and insist on hearing it for bedtime. With the larger version they can both see it just fine and since it is in a board book format I can leave it with them without the Destructive one tearing pages out (already removed some pages from the paperback version of this story). I was worried about the earlier reviewer who said this was just a hardcover version even though it was labeled a board book. I think he must have pushed the wrong button or been shipped the wrong version. I was careful to buy the "lap board" version and it is a true board book with thick cardboard interior pages just like a typical (small) board book.
on July 1, 2017
The original 1989 version of this book was a favorite of my daughters when they were young. Since it is so fun to read, it was also one of my favorites to read to them. This was a nightly book, amongst others of their choice. (I read a lot of books to my girls.) My sister in law is having her first baby soon. Instead of cards, she asked that people gift her new daughter with their favorite child's book. I accidently purchased the condensed version of this (Chicka Chicka Boom Boom ABC), and I was SO disappointed when I got it. So, here I am again on Amazon, reordering the version that I love, that my daughter's loved, and that I hope my sister in law and her new daughter will love too. This is a great book, and a wonderful way for a child to learn to love their ABC's.
on February 23, 2017
My 6 year old loves them. Fun way to learn letters and numbers!!!!! Delivered on time and in excellent new condition.