Chief Architect Home Designer Pro 2017
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Professional home-design software for the serious DIY home enthusiast
- Tools for home design, remodeling, interior design, decks, landscaping, and cost estimation
- Create accurately scaled floor plans and elevations that automatically generate 3D models in minutes
- Choose from 3,600+ plants with Plant Chooser
- Get started quickly with easy how-to videos that offer step-by-step instructions; includes free technical support
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Powerful building tools - automatic roof generation, dormers, stairs, framing, foundations, dimensions and terrain
- Customizable defaults can be set up to match commonly accepted requirements for most building practices.
- Create construction documents using the Layout tool.
- Choose from built-in style templates - Home Design, Interior Design, Landscaping, Decks, Patios, and Pools or create your own custom design.
- Quickly place and arrange walls, windows, doors, cabinets, choose colors, and accessories. It’s fun to experiment with various options to create different looks.
- Automatic and manual framing tools, use structural lumber or trusses.
- Advanced CAD tools – geometric shapes, splines, arcs, boxes, replication, and transformations.
Automated and Manual Building and Remodeling Tools
- Automatic and Manual Roof tools - hip, gable, gullwing, shed or manually design a custom roof.
- Manual framing tools for fully editable framing, including joists, rafters, trusses, posts and beams.
- Floors build automatically and match the exterior walls below.
- Foundations automatically build and update. Choose from several foundation types – crawl space, full basement, a slab, pier, or a custom style.
- One-Click Stairs & Ramps. Place full length stairs with a single click that automatically connect to floors or terrains. Place straight, split or curved stairs.
- Place Callouts and Markers in Plan, Elevation, Layout, and Detail views. Adjust fill color, line style, line weight, and double-headed callouts.
- Create a new room or addition - add and remove walls, place windows and doors, size your rooms with dimensions.
- One-click automatic dimensions, or use advanced manual dimension tools.
- Choose from a variety of wall types such as curved, interior, exterior, foundation, and half walls.
- Foundations automatically build and update based on the main floor walls.
- Automated and manual wall framing tools; define header sizes, metal, wood, or engineered framing members.
- Define room structure options for floor and ceiling heights, ceiling styles, molding styles, wall coverings, and others.
- Import plans from the Chief Architect Room Planner mobile App.
Kitchens and Baths
- Choose from over 1,000 cabinet combinations – easily change door, drawer, and hardware styles.
- Create custom cabinets in minutes by choosing your own colors, countertops, door styles, backsplash, counter edge, crown molding, base molding and hardware.
- Plan the new layout of your bathroom with custom cabinets, sinks, showers and tubs.
- Choose from a Library of fixtures and appliances and place inside or adjacent to cabinets.
- Smart cabinet objects know how to bump, merge countertops, and create automatic cabinet fillers.
- Create custom shaped countertops.
- Choose from thousands of appliances, sinks, fixtures and pre-designed kitchen islands.
- Elevation camera tools for details and technical views.
- Choose from a variety of latest interior items—including cabinets, chairs, tables, sofas, fabrics, and accessories. Resize, change colors and materials.
- Import your own symbols from 3D file types including SKP, DXF, OBJ and 3DS.
- Material Painter allows you to customize the color and material of any object in your design – cabinets, countertops, walls, and flooring.
- Choose one of many name-brand colors, including Sherwin-Williams, Benjamin Moore or Behr, and apply as a stain or solid color.
Landscape and Deck
-Choose from over 3,600 plants with the Plant Chooser.
-Design straight, curved, single level, multi-level, or stepped decks.
-Automatic deck framing provides the structural components and foundation supports.
-Manual Deck framing tools allow for customizing deck beams, joists and other options.
-Generate cut and buy lists for your decking projects.
-Use Automatic Build Terrain and Terrain Perimeter tools to create flat, irregular shaped, or sloped lots- use a GPS to import elevation data.
-Use the Pathway tool to design curb-appealing landscaping using stone and pavers.
-Plant Schedules for a detailed listing of all the plants.
-Grow Plants tool to adjust the maturity- visualize how plants look as they mature.
-Use a Plant distribute tool to make the garden beds look natural.
Home Designer Professional, by Chief Architect, is professional home design software for the serious DIY home enthusiast. Enjoy the same type of tools that the professionals use for home design, remodeling, interior design, outdoor living, and cost estimation. Home Designer Pro offers advanced design and smart building tools to produce detailed construction drawings. Home Designer Pro makes it easy to design and visualize your ideas with smart building and advanced design tools. The tools have commonly accepted defaults for most building practices to assist you in your home design projects. There are automatic and manual building tools for framing, foundations, roofs and stairs. Create accurately scaled floor plans that automatically generate 3D models in minutes. Whether you are creating a single room or an entire house, Home Designer automatically creates a 3D model once you draw your walls. And, once you are in 3D you can continue design work - adding cabinets, placing furniture, painting walls or just visualizing your project. An extensive 3D Library of over 8,800 architectural objects make it easy so that styles, finishes and other design details can be accurately visualized. Home Designer has a powerful CAD software engine from Chief Architect that includes an array of tools. Use the CAD tools with Floor Plans, Cross Sections and Elevation Views to detail construction drawings specify, estimate and build your projects. Get started quickly with easy how-to videos that offer step-by-step instructions; and free technical support. All Home Designer products include a 30-day money back guarantee.
OS: Windows 10 / 8 / 7;Mac OS X v10.10 (Yosemite)
Processor: 2.4 GHz processor or multi-core processor
RAM: 4 GB of memory
Hard Disk: 5 GB of available hard disk space
Video Card: Integrated Graphics e.g., Intel HD graphics (driver from 2014 or newer)
Additional Requirements: Internet access required for installation, license authentication, deactivation, video and library catalog access. Internet access for license validation is required once every 30 days.
Recommended System Requirements:
Recommended Processor: Multi-core processor
Recommended RAM: 8 GB
Recommended Hard Disk: 50 GB
Recommended Video Card: Dedicated Graphics with 512 MB memory e.g., NVIDIA or ATI
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought the pro version so that I can print in large format and use the plans for building permit. I am sure I will still need an engineer at some point, but this should get me most of the way there.
I can see this program will also come in handy for drawing up plans on remodel jobs for customers to keep the city happy.
They can give you some funny looks when you show them the sketch up elevation drawings.
If you're looking for a very well-featured and correctly functional architectural design and rendering system suitable for home owners and contractors then this is the tool. If you're a professional architect then you'll need something else since this is limited in the number of floors it can handle.
I really don't think you can do better for the money.