Chief Architect Home Designer Architectural 2017
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Powerful home design software for DIY home enthusiasts.
- Tools for home design, remodeling, interior design, kitchen and bath design, landscaping, decks and patios
- Visualize projects before starting with 3D models and virtual tours; 3,600+ realistic plants
- Cost estimation--know how much it will cost ahead of time
- Get started quickly with easy how-to videos that offer step-by-step instructions; includes free technical support
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
Home Designer Architectural is your all in one home design tool with all the features of Home Designer Suite and Home Designer Interiors.
- Over 2,500 viewable sample plans for design inspiration.
- Visualize your project before you build with 3D camera tools like Glass House, Doll House, Watercolor, Technical Illustration, and Elevations.
- Create accurate floor plans - one click automatic dimensions quickly create all exterior dimensions.
- Choose from built-in style templates - Home Design, Interior Design, Landscaping, Decks, Patios and Pools or create your own custom design.
- Powerful building tools- automatic roof generation, dormers, stairs, automatic framing, foundations, dimensions and terrain.
- Detailed Materials List - know how much your project will cost before you start construction. Use the cut & buy for decking materials.
What will my remodeling project look like and how much will it cost? Home Designer Architectural knows. Save time and money before you remodel.
- Create a new room or addition - add and remove walls, place windows and doors, size your rooms with dimensions.
- Point-and-click to remove wall surfaces, or use 3D Cross-Section Elevation Slider to quickly create a 3D slice of your desired view.
- Adjust wall lengths by selecting dimensions or temporary dimensions that run parallel to the wall.
- Automatically update the foundation plan to align with the 1st floor as the design progresses.
- Virtual Walkthrough – draw your record line to automatically generate a virtual tour of your design.
- Import plans from the Chief Architect Room Planner mobile App.
Kitchens and Baths
Creating your dream kitchen is fun and easy. With the Cabinet Designer tools, you can create thousands of cabinet combinations for base, wall, full height, angled, corner cabinets. Visualize what your project will look like with 3D models and Virtual Tours. Experiment with your interior design ideas using 3D models, virtual tours and advanced design tools. Easily change the size, color and fabric to create just the look and feel you desire.
- Move walls, create new cabinets, add appliances, change colors, materials and more.
- Plan new layout of your bathroom with custom cabinets, sinks, showers and tubs.
- Use the Cabinet Designer tools to create unlimited cabinet styles. Choose your own colors, countertops, moldings and door styles.
- Use the Material Painter to apply and visualize new materials.
Experiment with your interior design ideas using 3D models, virtual tours and advanced design tools.
- Use the Color Blending tool to stain a translucent color or apply a solid color over the material you place to create unlimited combinations to fit your design requirements.
- Choose from thousands of appliances, sinks, fixtures and kitchen islands.
- Custom Countertop tool and advanced cabinet tools, e.g., crown molding options.
- Smart Design Objects, Drag-and-drop from thousands of design objects in the built-in Library organized by category.
- Quickly place and arrange walls, windows, doors, cabinets, choose colors, and accessories. It’s fun to experiment with various options to create different looks like window treatments and shutters.
Landscape and Deck
Get started with built-in landscape and deck templates or build your own. Create terrain features, gardens and decks for your perfect outdoor living spaces.
- Powerful deck and patio tools allow you to design and visualize your new deck with 3D models and can help you estimate the costs.
- Control over deck planking and deck framing.
- Design straight, curved, single level, or multi-leveled decks.
- Use the Pathway tool to design curb-appealing landscaping using stone, pavers, or sidewalks.
- Choose from over 3,600 plants to place in your design with the Plant Chooser.
- Use the Plant Encyclopedia to learn more about the plants in your designs.
Home Designer Architectural is powerful home design software for DIY home enthusiasts. Created by Chief Architect, so you can enjoy the same type of tools that the professionals use for home design, remodeling, interior design, outdoor living, and cost estimation. Home Designer Architectural offers smart building tools to create 3D models, scaled plans and elevations for your home projects. Home Designer Architectural makes it easy to design and visualize your ideas with smart building and powerful design tools. The tools have commonly accepted defaults for most building practices to assist you in your home design projects. Home Designer automatically creates a 3D model once you draw your walls. And, in 3D you can continue design work - adding cabinets, placing furniture, painting walls or just visualizing your project. An extensive 3D Library of over 8,000 architectural objects make it easy so that styles, finishes and other design details can be accurately visualized. Home Designer uses smart design objects, such as cabinets, to quickly and easily create various styles, shapes and sizes. Create any style of cabinet by choosing colors, countertops, door styles, backsplash, crown molding and hardware Home Designer includes automated tools to create site plans, landscaping, decks and patios. There are over 3,600 plants with detailed information about each plant including integrated Hardiness Zone Maps. Decking tools include automatic deck framing and a materials list for estimating. Get started quickly with easy how-to videos that offer step-by-step instructions; and free technical support. All Home Designer products include a 30-day money back guarantee.
OS: Windows 10 / 8 / 7;Mac OS X v10.10 (Yosemite)
Processor: 2.4 GHz processor or multi-core processor
RAM: 4 GB of memory
Hard Disk: 5 GB of available hard disk space
Video Card: Integrated Graphics e.g., Intel HD graphics (driver from 2014 or newer)
Additional Requirements: Internet access required for installation, license authentication, deactivation, video and library catalog access. Internet access for license validation is required once every 30 days.
Recommended System Requirements:
Recommended Processor: Multi-core processor
Recommended RAM: 8 GB
Recommended Hard Disk: 50 GB
Recommended Video Card: Dedicated Graphics with 512 MB memory e.g., NVIDIA or ATI
Platform: PC Disc
Top customer reviews
The features are good but you have to keep shifting from plan view to 3D view to see where you have placed things. If you don't do things in a certain order it can become very laborious to go back and fix them. I have years of experience with AutoCAD and I love how easy it is to work. This program just makes you work too hard.
I Use Mac - some things render good in 3d and others not that good.
Most recent customer reviews
I have spent perhaps 10 hours on this program and find that, at this point in my learning curve,...Read more