Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on December 12, 2013
We bought this crib to match the Childcraft Shoal Creek dresser and we love both! All of the pieces plus extras were included and the instruction manual was easy to follow. The crib looks much more expensive than it is.

FYI - Sometimes furniture can be delivered damaged, not just Child Craft. This isn't the manufacturer or Amazon's fault, it just happens. The headboard on our crib had a gash on the front panel. THIS INFO WILL SAVE YOU A MAJOR HEADACHE: Call the manufacturer's phone number on your instruction booklet. They will ask for your order date, the model number and the piece that is damaged and send you a replacement piece via UPS within 1-3 days. You do NOT need to send the entire dresser, crib, or whatever you ordered back to Amazon. You don't even have to send the broken piece back to the manufacturer. You do not pay shipping or any fees at all. No questions asked. Amazon can't deal with broken pieces like the manufacturer can so don't even bother trying. There's nothing worse than having to repack all the heavy pieces and hauling it to UPS to send back to Amazon, so just don't. There you go! Hope this helps, no matter which crib you end up choosing.
on March 13, 2012
I will say that this crib was listed as $219 and went up to $235 by the time I got it into my cart so hopefully it won't go up anymore in price. It is Prime shipping now though so that's something.
I have 3 cribs, 2 of which are DaVinci brand because of the price point. I will say that the basic materials and 'feel' of this crib are the same as DaVinci and probably any great set in the same price range.
What was different and significant to me about the Child Craft vs DaVinci is that, the parts/hardware pack had been opened and taped back together, and one of the wood legs had an extra hole drilled in it. What that translates to really is that someone went through and inventoried the parts to make sure I had everything, and also that initially a hole was mis-drilled and corrected before shipment. That may seem like a downside for some, and aesthetically it's not ideal, but for me, it added up to a seamless and worry-free assembly and the extra hole isn't visible or an impairment at all.
Some of the detailed aspects of this piece also made it stand out above the market equivalent. The ledges along the top of the crib are all a nice touch as well as the front facade/paneling which aren't typical for this price point. Because of the many configurations crib/toddler bed/full size bed there are extra holes left open/unused after each construction and they allowed extra hardware to cover and fill those holes to make it less unsightly and complete the look. There is also a little metal placard that is placed on the front bottom panel with the Child Craft brand/logo which isn't on this photo. Also a toddler conversion rail is included with this set. That means you get a straight rail to convert the crib to a toddler bed all by itself, but it'll be an open-sided toddler bed and any guard rails need to be purchased separately.
One important thing to note is the two level/height adjustments for the mattress. One sits probably just where the front paneling is, and the other is mid-way where you see it in the photo. The pre-sets are just holes drilled into the wood though reinforced by the hardware, so if need be you could technically drill your own height holes wherever you want it. Recently I've read a lot of reviews where the mattress sits on a plywood sheet or something to that effect. This crib has the typical metal spring frame which most reputable cribs have.
The wood/material that makes up this crib has the same durability as others in this class. It's soft wood easily dented and pretty light weight covered by a 'non-toxic finish'. If you are shopping this price-point chances are you won't be crying about the lack of a warning sticker that says "This Crib is a known carcinogen when tossed into a wood chipper and inhaled in California".
The color is 'Jamocha' which equates to Espresso in other brands.
I think it's a great crib at a great median price and a beautiful design which I am happy with, though a lower price is always welcome.
on November 13, 2014
after a lot of research, we decided to purchase this crib figuring it was the best "bang for our buck".... it was delivered a couple days ago and the product did not disappoint! We love it! The crib came without any damage from shipping, there was no unusual or harsh smell to the wood ( as some had mentioned). We are working on putting it together now, the directions look a little daunting.... but we put together IKEA furniture, so I think we can do this too.... we are purchasing the IKEA HEMNES white 8 drawer dresser to go with this crib as the lines are nice and clean much like this crib. Very excited to see it all come together :)
on December 18, 2012
We bought the Hemnes Black-Brown dresser from Ikea to use as a dresser/changing table. Wanting to match our crib to it, we originally ordered the Graco Lauren in Espresso. That was NOT what I wanted. However, I searched and found this, with several other reviews saying it was very dark, and true to color, so we went with it. It is a great match! Assembly was a bit tedious, but it is exactly what we were looking forq
on February 10, 2016
This is our second crib exactly like this. Our two year old is still in his and we just bought this for our baby on the way. Since it converts to a toddler bed and then a full size we decided it would be a good long term purchase. Doesn't take too long to set up and I did most of it myself around 7 months pregnant.
on October 13, 2015
Instructions could be better..
& mark the pieces.. Nice crib once the guessing game of putting it together was done. I'd bought the matching toddler rail- THAT had better instructions.. Looks nice good height. Crib has only two height levels: low & medium so probly not good for a newborn unless you're tall enough to reach all the way down.. But I bought this to replace an old crib that had no toddler rail option..
review image review image
on December 24, 2014
The crib is sturdy, however the manufacturer mis-produced the product. The headboard design is backwards upon assembly. I reviewed the instructions multiple times, disassembled and reassembled. Ultimately the manufacturer drilled the holes incorrectly, causing the head board design to face the wall while what should have been the back faces front.
on August 17, 2015
Bought this for my daughter. She wanted this one because she thought it was black, but when it arrived, it was more of a really dark brown. After it was put together she decided it was dark enough and she loved the color. While it does look black in the picture, the description does say it is jamocha.
on January 10, 2014
I have only one complaint about this crib one of the panels you can see the nonstained wood which is not a huge deal it still looks very nice and functional
on November 21, 2014
Great crib for the price. Easy to set up. Seemed wobbly at the begining, but when all the pieces are put together, it ended up being rather sturdy. Make sure to use a electric drill or it will take a long time to screw everything in.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.