Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
|To protect your Digital Video Games purchase in the event you report it lost or not working, Amazon may invalidate the digital code linked to your purchase. There is no action required from you and your personal information will not be shared. Upon purchase, you’ll receive a download code which you’ll redeem directly on your console or online through your console’s website. Codes are typically delivered instantly, but may take up to five hours in rare cases. This code will be stored on Your Games Library on Amazon if you need to access it later.|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From Patrick Plourde – Creative Director of Far Cry 3 – and Jeffrey Yohalem – winner of the Writers Guild of America Award – comes Child of Light, a digital title developed under Ubisoft Montreal‘s alternative label Funhouse.
Envisioned as a “Playable Poem” by its creators, Child of Light is a modern reimagining of our childhood fairy tales.
Set in the magical world of Lemuria, Child of Light takes us on the coming-of-age journey of Aurora, a young girl struggling to save a lost kingdom and her ailing father.
“Come, tuck yourself into bed Let me tell a story. Of Lemuria, a kingdom past And a girl born for glory.”
The daughter of the Duke of Carniola is transported to Lemuria, a mysterious world that needs her help. Identified as the Child of Light and granted the power of flight, she takes on the minions of Lemuria’s Dark Queen in her quest to recover the sun, the moon and the stars to return home. Along the way she’ll discover that her destiny may be far greater than she ever dreamed.
“Beware the night, Child of Light.”
- A Playable Poem : In an homage to the Golden Age of illustration (Arthur Rackham and Gustave Dore), Child of Light invites you to discover a forgotten kingdom skillfully hand drawn and beautifully rendered with watercolor thanks to the UbiArt Engine. Complemented with a story carefully crafted in verse and rhyme and an original soundtrack by Montreal composer Coeur de Pirate, the breathtaking scenery of Lemuria extends an invitation to explore a long lost world.
- The Rich World of Lemuria: Across your journey through Lemuria you will encounter many eccentric creatures, from spirits of the forest to talking mice to wicked witches and evil sea serpents. Discover a vast land with iconic locations and exciting dungeons that will evolve as Aurora regains the stolen lights.
- Classic RPG Turn-Based Combat : Child of Light utilizes an Active-Time Battle System, allowing you to fight alongside the firefly Igniculus and other members of Aurora’s party. Level up to upgrade your stats and use your skill points to unlock unique abilities for your character and your party members. A deep crafting system allows you to combine gems to improve your sword, talisman and armor abilities. Each game has a unique gem profile, meaning that gems common in one player’s game are rare in another’s and vice-versa, encouraging the community to trade gems with friends.
- Solve Puzzles and Search for Mysteries :Using the power of light, Aurora and Igniculus must work together to solve puzzles involving shadows and movable objects.
- Supported OS:Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 or 2.80 GHz AMD Athlon II X2 240 (2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 or 2.60 GHz AMD Athlon II X4 620 or better recommended)
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB or greater recommended)
- Hard Disk: 3 GB
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 10–compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
- Sound Card: DirectX-compatible
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- *Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: AMD Radeon™ HD 2900 XT / 3000 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 / R7 / R9 series NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT / 9 / 200 / 400 / 500 / 600 / 700 series These chipsets are the only ones that have been tested to run this game. Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.
Uplay account required for game activation and installation
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In terms of gameplay, it takes a normal ATB system and adds new aspects to it. Instead of just waiting for your character's turns, the player is able to take a more active roll in battle by using the mouse cursor (which is it's own character) and using it to hinder enemies and heal allies. The battle system is held back a bit by allowing only two characters to participate at a time, but since the game allows for fairly easy character switching, this is not enough of a flaw to deter the player from continuing. Each character is unique with their own method of contributing to the battle. Although buffing characters seem a bit weak to me because of the two character limit, even they have their uses, and during difficult battles, a player might find themselves switching characters every few turns to take advantage of each one's unique abilities.
Exploration is somewhat subtle, mostly taking form of searching for treasure chests, some of which are very well hidden. It is not needed to enjoy the game, but it gives an extra layer of detail for those who like to 100% games. But, since the character gains the ability to fly early on, each environment makes great use of the vertical, allowing the player to both find areas above and below them, and chose which enemies to fight.
All in all, while Child of Light is not without its flaws, it is still a beautiful, enjoyable game that any fans of RPGs, should feel good about adding to their collection.