- File Size: 6754 KB
- Print Length: 108 pages
- Publication Date: July 14, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01IIK464E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,222,168 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #67 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Special Education > Developmental & Intellectual Disabilities
- #300 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Special Education > Learning Disabilities
- #748 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Child Psychology > Development
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $7.00 (70%)
Children of Autumn: Autism Here on Purpose Kindle Edition
|Length: 108 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
This light is clearly the spirit of author Grace Kohn herself -itself a reflection of some light from above that she is merely channelling, as i suppose she would have it- but it is in any case a light both warm enough not to offend the likes of me, and yet strong enough to illuminate what must be considered essential truth for anyone staggering under the burden of care for one of these "special" children (airquotes to indicate very the patronizing attitude we most need to overcome).
So <spoiler alert> the upshot for me is in the challenge posed by this author's outlandish premise: What if these autistic children are not the deficient drag-anchors we may feel them to be, but rather beings from another dimension, here to facilitate our own elevation to higher levels of consciousness? If that were true, then what would you do?
Indeed! Well... One answer would be to reexamine every aspect of your life in that light, throw out everything not directly supportive of making this journey the entire purpose of your life, and open yourself up to the possibility of everything that it might entail. That would seem to have been the way of Grace Kohn, and though it took her to some places i'd have to call off-track for me, i do appreciate the way she presents these many modalities as tools that you can take or leave as you may or may not find them useful. So long as you take what you do with "the attitude of gratitude," that could be the spoonful of sugar that makes it all go down well in the end.
In the final analysis: Is it true, this premise of beings from another dimension? Who knows? Does that really matter? I think that what matters is where such a belief can take you, in the end... And where it took Grace and her daughter is to a place that is so clearly better where they would surely have gone, had Grace NOT been guided at every turn by this extraordinary belief, one cannot help but be inspired by this story.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Children's Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology
- Books > Medical Books > Psychology > Child Psychology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Special Education > Developmental & Intellectual Disabilities
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Special Education > Learning Disabilities
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Child Psychology > Development
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Children's Health