- File Size: 3376 KB
- Print Length: 50 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: August 11, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00GZ8MLWG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#357,344 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #37 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Children's Nonfiction > People & Places > Holidays & Festivals
- #78 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Child Development
- #152 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Holidays & Celebrations > Christmas
Children's Christmas Book:Truthy Ruthy’s Christmas Surprise: An interactive Christmas book for children - Special Christmas edition (Christmas gifts, Children's ... Readers From Truthy Ruthy Series 6) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Truthy Ruthy was able to figure out how she could give Christmas surprises! And at the same time learn how to consider options, make choices, and use creativity to help her meet her needs for a gift--without money! There is certainly much to consider in this story. By giving children three options, they are able to consider what they personally want to do and gain confidence that they can and have made appropriate decisions and gain self-worth.
I certainly applaud Sari Barel for this impressive teaching series. Highly recommended... Do Check it out!
Truthy Ruthy’s family is out shopping for Christmas gifts but she is only 5 years old, has no money or car, so how can she participate in the surprise gifts for Christmas? Well, dream of course! She has a dream featuring Santa Claus who quickly left a gift on her front step and disappeared, leaving Ruthy wondering what to do with the gift. And then she woke up, and thought all day about her dream, but that night she didn’t dream that dream again but instead had three dreams – disappointment, initiative, and creation – about the gifts. In Disappointment dream she was unhappy with the gift because it had empty bottles and corks and other ‘useless items’ instead of the doll she wished for – something that costs money – and she threw them away, making her sad on Christmas morning. In Creation dream she saw the same ingredients, but instead of being sad she created gifts for her family form the recycled goods, making wonderful surprise gifts for her family – a situation that made her happy. In the Creation dream she made beautiful gift boxes from the gifts Santa left, filling them with her own candies and on Christmas morning she pops out of a specially wrapped box dressed as a Santa and spread out her gifts to the whole family! The major surprise of the holiday.
And in Sari Barel’s summary she shares, ‘Pessimistic thinking brings disappointment, Positive thinking leads to remarkable ideas, and Innovative thinking leads to great ideas for all.’ This book is a delight on every level – and even contains a free gift for the reader! Highly Recommended. Grady Harp, December 13
Something happens, and Ruthy has 3 dreams - each of which is an optional ending to the story. The child reading the story gets to choose the ending (and can then go back to read the other endings). GREAT idea! And it lets children understand there is more than one way to see a situation.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is engaging and shows children that they have options to choose and each option will...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Books > Children's Books > Holidays & Celebrations > Christmas
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Early Childhood
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Holidays & Celebrations > Christmas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Child Development