Industrial Deals Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

Top Contributor: Petson December 29, 2015
I was getting sick of listening to the same CD in my car over and over when driving the toddlers around. So, I purchased this as a stocking stuffer. My children (1 and 3) love this CD. The songs are pretty short which makes it easy for the children to remember. There are some questionable lyrics (like the one with 3 Blind Mice getting their tails chopped off! And the work Heck in 'It Ain't Gonna Rain No More') but I can look past those because my children don't seem to catch the violent/'questionable word' in the song.

I guess they just put Mickey and Minnie on the cover as a ploy to get parents to buy Disney products - they are in no way part of the music on this CD. My daughter liked seeing Minnie on the cover though...

Unfortunately, the case for this CD is really cheap - just a flimsy cardboard fold over. I would've preferred a jewel case for better storage in my car.

Overall, it doesn't irritate me like some kids songs and the children like it!
on November 12, 2016
Honestly, I feel duped. I bought this because I expected Mickey Mouse characters to do some of the singing. But really it's some old dude singing popular songs. There's nothing Disney about it at all really. Music is good, don't get me wrong. But I definitely feel duped having bought this on the premise that it had something to do with Mickey Mouse.
on December 17, 2016
There is nothing in the description to suggest these songs are not related to Mickey and Minnie or any Disney character. The characters should not be on the cover. My 3 year old son was so excited to unwrap this and thought he was getting Mickey and Minnie CD. He didn't and still doesn't understand when I try explaining Mickey and Minnie are just on the cover and have nothing to do with the songs. He cried at first when I put on the CD and kept telling me to play his Mickey songs. The songs themselves are fine. If you want generic kids songs, this is will do the trick.
on June 15, 2013
I realized one day that my young granddaughter didn't know a lot of these American classic songs- Oh, Susanna, She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain, A Bicycle Built for Two- so I went looking, and am so happy that I found these CDs. I bought four kids music CDs through Amazon, and yesterday we listened to them all while going about our day. In fact, she is driving the whole family crazy with Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me!
That said, I love Larry Groce as host of Mountain Stage, and for his 70's hit Junk Food Junkie, but I feel his songs really bring the action to a halt at some points. There are only three of them though, so don't let that stop you from buying this great kids CD!
on February 19, 2017
This is not what I was expecting. I should have read the fine print. This is not Disney music or even Mickey or Minnie singing. It is annoying children's songs and I can't stand it. Fortunately my son doesn't seem to like it either.
on January 7, 2017
I purchased both Volume 1 and 2 at the same time. My daughter loves Mickey Mouse and because the CD covers show Mickey and friends, I assumed that these would be children's songs with the voices of the different Disney characters. Unfortunately, these are all regular versions of classic children's songs without evidence of Mickey other than the picture on the cover.
on April 17, 2017
I grew up listening to Vol 1 and 2 on cassette tape and had to get these for my little girl. I was so glad to see they were still being sold. Larry Groce's voice is excellent for these kids songs and the disney chorus is great in the background. Yes, the cover is misleading as Mickey and Minnie voices are on on it. These are also not typical Disney songs. If you read the song list you will see they are classic kid songs. A bit outdated, but I just love them. These songs are a big hit in our house while eating meals and cleaning up in the kitchen.
on May 18, 2011
I'm so excited to finally have found these! I'm 31 years old and as a kid I had these records! At the age of 10 I gave them away to my newborn cousin along with my record player. If I'd only known how much I'd miss them well into adulthood. When I started making bread and found myself singing "Mammy's little baby loves shortnin' shortnin'..." incessantly, I knew I had to give in and purchase these MP3 albums. I want these songs to be a part of my children's lives in a more beautiful way than I can sing them!

Like the other 5 star reviews I find this guy's voice to be pleasant instead of irritating like so many other children's albums. They also include so many great folk songs that are just drenched in rich history if you want to look into that. I prefer those so much over the 1-2-3 / A-B-C songs of today.

Super happy with my purchase. :)
on March 14, 2017
This CD was purchased exclusively for the grandchildren (3 and 5) when they are riding in my car. They ask for their music as soon as they are seated and buckled. They enjoy the songs in this CD tremendously and occasionally requested repeat of the same tune. The CD arrived within two or three days and if I remember correctly, it was personally delivered in a private passenger car (instead of the usual carrier). Definitely one of the best value for under $6.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 20, 2017
My wife is a fan of this compared to the other kids cd's because it is mostly a grown man singing the songs which makes it much easier on the ears. I grew up with this when it was on a tape and now our son will get to listen to these fun songs. The only drawback is some of the songs aren't well known but they have a nice rhythm.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.