Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

A Child's Gift of Lullabies
Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 16, 2010
A lot! At least, from what I can tell from the descriptions of the two versions of this CD, the ~$9 version is "various artists." The more expensive--and better CD, IMO--is sung by Tanya Goodman only. The CD version of her songs is what we were given almost 10 years ago at our daughter's baby shower. It's the version I *thought* I'd been giving as gifts to every new mom I know. Today, as I was sending this CD to another new mom-to-be, I realized the cheaper version is "various artists." Now, these singers my be fine performers, but I can't imagine listening to these songs sung by anyone other than Ms. Goodman. The lullabyes are beautifully written, but her voice is a huge reason we love this lullabye CD more than any other. I think it's worth the extra money--and extra delivery time--to go with the best. Believe me, a new mom & dad will more than get their money's worth from these precious, memorable songs.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2015
I love love love this CD. I bought the original in 1996 when I was pregnant with my oldest son. I have since bought it for many baby shower gifts and just purchased 2 more copies to give each of my sons for their future families because they love it so much. They each have wonderful memories of going to sleep to this CD and of me singing the songs to them when they were babies (and even in the womb). The songs are relaxing and fun and there is also an instrumental version of each so that you can sing the songs without singing over the original artist. Now that my kids are in their teens, we listened to the CD the other day and they had so much fun talking about their memories and which songs were their favorites. I think it is a must-have CD for any family.
on September 20, 2016
This lullaby cd was my children's favorite. Now they are having children and it brings back wonderful memories. I know it will create many new ones for all that I share it with for their new babies. These songs are different and beautiful. I am sure everyone will love this cd.
on October 8, 2016
These lullabies sung by Tanya provide a very soothing for adults and infants and all in-between. I bought this for one pregnant friend and now the daughter she bore uses the same tape (I think it was a tape) for her baby! And I just bought it for a young cousin. It's truly special and from reading reviews I understand there is a much cheaper version with multiple artists that is good, but not as good as Tanya's!
When my niece (now 21) was little, her grandparents, parents, & I had copies of this DVD (cassette tape back then) in all our houses & cars, so it was played anywhere she napped or slept -- for years. I've given copies to countless friends & relatives. When a cousin in Denmark started her family, she asked if I could get a copy for her. I've seen my macho brother-in-law shed tears while rocking his baby & listening to these songs. I hope it NEVER goes out of "print". (Delivery was prompt, in excellent condition, & the price remains very reasonable.)
on August 27, 2013
Contains both instrumental and vocal tracks. Well placed order of songs to help my children fall asleep. I received this as a gift and have since purchased it for others. My daughter grew up listening to these songs and now it is the album she falls asleep to every night and she is four and has quite the selection on the ipod. All songs are originals and the music and words are quite compelling and not that chintzy "children's music" sound found on so many albums.
on May 30, 2017
This music rocked my children to sleep 25 years ago, now passing them on to my grandchildren and grand-nieces/nephews. They help me on sleepless nights, too!
on June 19, 2017
My grandbabies love the sweet music! It even works on me when I'm really wound up and need a little extra help falling asleep. HA!!
on October 6, 2012
A Child's Gift of Lullabyes - Tanya Goodman is a must-have lullabyes for newborns. I first came across this at a bookstore while I was looking for a nice lullabye collection for my little daughter. I listened to a number of collections but this one was too good. I came home and listened to the previews here at Amazon. The previews were just awesome. Later, I googled about this collection and soon realized that this Tanya Goodman's lullabye collection is one of the highly recommended lullaby albums for a child. This has excellent reviews everywhere. This was also a Grammy Nominee for the Best Music Album for Children. On being satisfied by the research performed on this collection, I decided to take a plunge and bought the mp3 version here and downloaded onto an Ipod with a Dock.

Tanya Goodman's voice is really amazing. Her voice is so soothing that it creates a nice warm atmosphere around us. Tanya Goodman has a special god-given voice that will immerse you in a sea of melody. The lyrics are so simple yet meaningful. It talks about the love showered on a baby by his/her mom and dad. My wife usually sings the songs while sitting on a rocking chair with our baby on her arm, while Tanya Goodman's voice/magic fills the bedroom. We play this collection daily.

Tanya Goodman's voice and the lyrics will be enjoyed by all irrespective of age, gender and religion. This is a must-have lullabyes for a baby. I would highly recommend to my friend. Buy this and fill your house with soothing music, lyrics and voice.
on March 22, 2013
This album became our bedtime staple when my two boys were growing up. I got it as a shower gift from a friend, and it is probably one the most memorable gifts I and now my boys have ever received. The music based on a soloist and simple piano, strings, guitar + accompaniments is soothing, and just beautiful. The lyrics are truly inspirational and meaningful with thoughts and mental images that tickle the soul. It is the ideal children's bedtime music, truly.
My boys are grown up now, and after not hearing the recording in years, I downloaded it on my computer, heard the first chord, and all the memories just came pouring out with tears of joy and melancholy. When the boys (men) heard it they couldn't help but feel the same way, tears and all. My oldest son, who just recently became a dad, has received the album as a gift, and is beginning the building memories, bedtime music tradition with his family.