Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 2, 2016
We were studying astronomy in our homeschool this year for first grade. I bought this book along with a telescope to take on a camping trip with us. We live in an area with a lot of light pollution so stars are few and far between most nights.

This book is full of information and includes everything you'd ever want to address with a child including constellations, the space station, planets, and even some history of astronomy. Even without the use of the telescope, this book includes great pictures of the constellations, a star map, and things I would never have thought to teach without seeing it in this book. We didn't read the book straight through because it does contain a lot of information, instead turning to the page we wanted to learn about and reading just that instead, taking the book in small chunks. My son loved it and exploring all the wonderful illustrations on each page. I highly recommend this book if you have a child interested in astronomy.
on January 27, 2018
I loved the fact that this book came with a star finder so a child could find certain stars. I also liked the glow in the dark stars for a child's room. I got this book along with The Space Encyclopedia by National Geographic and the 2 books together were beautiful and informative. How wonderful that such an informative book can entice children.
on April 29, 2017
Beautifully illustrated, written in a fun and whimsical way. It doesn't read as dry non-fiction, but as a wonderful sky exploration. It covers a lot of information. It is not a book you would read in one reading, but simply choose a subject to go over with your kids. Let's look at the moon! They gobble up the infomation. There is a wonderful star-chart so you can easily find constellations on a dark evening. I wish that was more sturdy. Otherwise, this book is an essential in our library!
on November 22, 2014
We bought this book as a companion to giving our daughter a Celestron Cosmos FirstScope for her 7th birthday. The book is great and both our 7 and 5 year old enjoy reading it (being read to) at night. In some respects, the material is presented more simply that the Cosmos TV series presented material, but at the same time, the book is extremely well written, very educational, and reads well. It has promoted a great discussion about the speed of light, with my children turning the lights on and off to see if they can see light move, and the other night when reading about planets and the solar system, to help illustrate the points being made in the book we all got off the couch and role played as the Sun, Earth, and Moon rotating around each other - it was a great time indeed! The book is beautifully done and the companion star chart and glow in the dark stickers an added bonus! Highly recommended for children who are interested in learning more about the heavens.
on September 10, 2016
Beautiful illustrations, well laid out, interesting facts for the young and young at heart. Comes with charts. HIGHLY recommend for the young astronomer in your life.
on December 11, 2015
I bought 2 of these books for each family to go along with the two telescopes I bought from Nancy B's Science and the Educational Insigthts Geosafari Jr. Talking Telescope. The book is beautifully made with great pictures and quizzes as well as a hardbound special star gazer that comes out to take outside and find the different constellations depending on the day of the year.
on May 17, 2016
Very rad book. Bought this to read to my 4 year old son who loves looking at stars and moon with mom and dad. Very cute book for adults and kids. Ty
on July 8, 2016
Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! Colorful and easy to read and explain to my children. Read this book and laid under the stars with them, they pointed out more constellations then I could! Wonderful product! Received fast and in great shape!
on April 6, 2014
I got this for my grandson (8 yrs old) at Xmas who is into space and is really angry that Pluto is no longer a planet. I also purchased a telescope for him to look at the night sky. When he finally found Saturn and could see it's rings, he was thrilled enough to call me and tell me how excited he was. My daughter tells me that he has read the book through at least three times.
on August 11, 2016
A little complicated for smaller children but will be great as 5 year old grandson gets a bit older.