- Save 15% on The BBQ Dragon Shelf when you purchase 1 or more BBQ Dragon Charcoal Chimney offered by BBQ Dragon. Enter code BBQSHELF at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on BBQ Dragon Fan when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by BBQ Dragon. Enter code BBQFAN10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on BBQ Dragon Grilling Tools when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by BBQ Dragon. Enter code BBQTODAY at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Chimney of Insanity Charcoal Starter - The Fastest and Easiest Charcoal Chimney Starter for BBQ Grills
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- FIRE STARTS BURNING IN MINUTES – This is the fastest charcoal chimney starter on the market. While some chimneys have you waiting for 20 minutes before the coals finally light, our innovative design allows coals to be lit in as little as three minutes. That means that you’ll already be grilling by the time another charcoal chimney would have been ready.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN DRAWS IN AIR – Our charcoal chimney starter implements an innovative 90-degree elbow that opens at the side of the chimney and draws in more air than other chimneys. This increased airflow creates a turbo effect and allows charcoal and briquettes to light faster and burn more consistently; also designed to fit the BBQ Dragon Fan. This side hole can also be used to insert more fuel like newspapers or fire starters.
- NO NEED FOR LIGHTER FLUID – The unique side hole allows you to light your coals without lifting the chimney or using lighter fluid. Instead, all you need to do is insert your fuel or your preferred fire starters into the side hole, and you’ll have hot, burning coals in no time. Fire starters like wax sticks, packets, squares, and cubes work great with this chimney.
- THICK GAUGE STEEL CONSTRUCTION – We’ve constructed this innovative charcoal chimney starter with thick gauge galvanized steel for durability. Our design also features a thick heat shield and a heat-resistant nylon handle that protects your hand from the heat and makes it easy to lift this portable chimney. The steel chimney is embossed with our dragon logo.
- USE WITH BBQ DRAGON FAN – This charcoal chimney starter can be used by itself to light coals for your outdoor barbecue grill, and it gets the job done fast. However, for optimum performance and optimum speed, check out the BBQ Dragon Fan. This clip-on fan can be used to blow air into the side hole of the chimney, turning it into an insane charcoal blast furnace!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
BBQ Dragon makes the best accessories for outdoor grilling, and this Chimney of Insanity is no exception. It is the easiest to use and fastest working charcoal chimney starter on the market.
The main cylindrical portion of the chimney is made from thick gauge galvanized steel that is built for durability. This galvanized steel is embossed with our dragon logo, making it the best looking chimney as well as the best working.
Inside the chimney is a metal grated tray that holds up your charcoal and briquettes. Underneath this grating there is a 90-degree elbow that opens up on the side of the chimney near the bottom. This innovative design supplies the coals inside the chimney with more air. Since fire needs oxygen to burn, this increased airflow is what makes this charcoal chimney light faster and burn more consistently than other charcoal chimneys.
Use the side hole where the 90-degree elbow opens up to insert more fuel or to insert a lighter. For fuel, you can use newspaper, wax sticks, packets, squares, and cubes. All of these fire starters work great when placed into the side hole. You can also blow into the side hole while the charcoals are being lit.
On the side of the galvanized steel chimney is a thick heat shield and a heat-resistant nylon handle. These features protect your hand from the heat of the burning charcoal, and the handle makes it easy to lift this portable chimney. However, because of the innovative 90-degree elbow and side hole, you shouldn’t need to lift the chimney while the charcoals are being lit.
This charcoal lighting chimney kit is everything you need to get your charcoals ready for the grill, but we also recommend checking out other outdoor grilling gear made by BBQ Dragon. The BBQ Dragon Fan can be used to make this rapid charcoal lighting process even faster. This clip-on blower tool will turn your charcoal chimney into an insane charcoal blast furnace that is ready to use in as little as three minutes.
FIRE STARTS BURNING IN MINUTES
This is the fastest charcoal chimney starter on the market. While some chimneys have you waiting for 20 minutes before the coals finally light, our innovative design allows coals to be lit in as little as three minutes. That means that you’ll already be grilling by the time another charcoal chimney would have been ready.
INNOVATIVE DESIGN DRAWS IN AIR
Our charcoal chimney starter implements an innovative 90-degree elbow that opens at the side of the chimney and draws in more air than other chimneys. This increased airflow creates a turbo effect and allows charcoal and briquettes to light faster and burn more consistently; also designed to fit the BBQ Dragon Fan. This side hole can also be used to insert more fuel like newspapers or fire starters.
NO NEED FOR LIGHTER FLUID
The unique side hole allows you to light your coals without lifting the chimney or using lighter fluid. Instead, all you need to do is insert your fuel or your preferred fire starters into the side hole, and you’ll have hot, burning coals in no time. Fire starters like wax sticks, packets, squares, and cubes work great with this chimney.
WE INVENTED THE BEST BBQ ACCESSORIES ON THE MARKET
BBQ Dragon makes the most innovative grill tools available today. We won the TV show, “All American Makers,” on the Science Channel! We’ve also won awards like “Best New Barbecue Accessory,” “Best in Show,” and the “Best New Outdoor Tech” award presented at the National Hardware Show.
We’ve created a variety of innovative barbecue accessories, including a multifunction grill tool set, a rotating grate, a clip-on side table for kettle charcoal grills, a 3-minute charcoal chimney starter, a heat-deflecting grill stone for kettle grills, and more. But all of this started with one invention: the BBQ Dragon Fan.
FASTER & EASIER
We all know that charcoal cooks better; it’s hotter, it imparts better flavor to food, and it’s more ecologically sustainable than gas. Unfortunately, for many people charcoal just wasn’t as convenient as propane. It can be frustrating to wait for charcoal to light and get hot enough for grilling. That’s why we created the BBQ Dragon Fan—to make it faster and easier to get your charcoal grill burning hot.
CHECK US OUT
With these invention, there’s no longer a reason to use a gas grill. That’s the BBQ Dragon revolution, and the spirit of that revolution has carried on into our other products. Our entire line of products will provide you with the best barbecue experience imaginable.
BBQ DRAGON FOUNDERS
Bruce and George Prior are brothers. They’re also inventors. Bruce is a mechanical engineer, and George is a product designer. But most importantly, they are grilling and barbecuing FANATICS! They love being next to a hot fire, grilling steaks for family barbecues, and they love the challenge of smoking the perfect brisket or ribs. They’ve been able to apply their expertise in mechanics and electronics to create the BBQ Dragon Fan and other products that revolutionize the barbecuing experience. They’re making grilling easier, faster, and more fun. Their inventions are enhancing the great tradition of barbecuing for millions of families around the world. They love to barbecue and want to help other people share this great joy of food, family, and fire.
A MESSAGE FROM GEORGE:
“Grilling is our passion and we absolutely love sharing it with you! BBQ Dragon is not just a business, it is a natural extension of our love for barbecue and outdoor cooking. For us, it's about really good food, shared with family and friends. Cooking over a fire has been part of so many important times in our family, it's more than just a way to make a good steak, it's a way to live life to the fullest.”
Compare with similar items
Charcoal Chimney Starter, Charcoal Cooker, Stainless Steel Charcoal Chimney Starter By Firefly Grill ‘N More - No Lighter Fluid, 5 LB. Charcoal Capacity, Heat Resistant Handle
REDCAMP Collapsible Charcoal Chimney Starter for Lawn and Patio,Silver
Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Ultimate Chimney Charcoal Starter with Handle
Pit Boss Grills 67265 Charcaol Charcoal Starter Release
Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel Chimney Charcoal Starter
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||BBQ Dragon||MFISCHER ENTERPRISES, LLC||Freeland Outdoor||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||11 x 6 x 11.5 in||12.21 x 7.5 x 12 in||10 x 6 x 2 in||7.17 x 11.75 x 12 in||12 x 6.75 x 12 in||6.61 x 10.67 x 10.24 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I can not attest to using with the fan but after reading other reviews I am not going to be going that route. Will keep for smaller batches of charcoal.
Also I assumed the chimney was the same size as a weber chimney it's not!
Going to try it for the first time tomorrow see if it works in conjunction with the fan as well as they say. Mine wasn't put together correctly two out of the three tabs are in the correct holes!
I will say the chimney was VERY well constructed. However, I returned it as I did not feel the added quality of construction was worth the difference in price.
Also got 4 emails requesting this review. Rather annoying.
If you don't have the cubes you can use a paper towel with vegetable oil on it and then the charcoals.