- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: University of Hawaii Press (April 1, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0824821963
- ISBN-13: 978-0824821968
- Product Dimensions: 6.6 x 0.5 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,671,598 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #477 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Regional Planning
- #2466 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > City Planning & Urban Development
- #2602 in Books > Arts & Photography > Architecture > Urban & Land Use Planning
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Chinese Imperial City Planning
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As a scholar interested in Japanese and other East Asian cities, the author's chapter discussing China's historical legacy to urban form in Ancient Japan, was especially interesting. This chapter clearly illustrates how necessary the study of Chinese cities is to the understanding of other Asian cities. It also demonstrates the care Steinhardt took in her research.
I recommend this book to anyone interested in the historical origins of urban planning and spatial form in China and Japan.