- Series: Introductions to Chinese Culture
- Paperback: 122 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 3 edition (March 26, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521186641
- ISBN-13: 978-0521186643
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.3 x 10.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.5 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,380,242 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Chinese Kung Fu (Introductions to Chinese Culture) 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Wushu, the Chinese martial art form known as kung fu in the West, embodies traditional Chinese culture. In this illustrated introduction Wang Guangxi discusses the development of this captivating branch of Chinese culture from ancient times to the present day, including its representation in literature and film.
About the Author
Wang Guangxi, also known as Lu Cao, was a Fellow in the Henan Research Institute of Culture and History, Standing Director of the Modern Chinese Literature Research Society and Deputy Dean of Wushu Culture Research Center, Physical Education Institute, Zhengzhou University. His life was devoted to modern literature and wushu research and he published widely on his research interests.
Browse award-winning titles. See more