BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 15, 2010
haynes you have done it again. i have been working on my own vehicles for a few years now and refer to the haynes manuals quite often. this book has saved me hundreds in repairs already, and has easily paid for itself in just working knowledge. while the vast array of scooters it covers is quite large, most chinese honda engine cloned scooters are quite similar. my scooter is not covered by brand in the model but i have just taken the owner's manual factory settings and applied them to the book. it makes life easy. if you dont have a clue with a wrench dont ape it. try reading an even more general guide first such as the haynes general motorcycle workshop series. all mechanical engines work in the same fashion- moving air. so if you cant find the exact model dont fret. chances are if its a honda clone (gy6) it will be covered here. this is my bedtime story book/bible.
on March 3, 2014
I bought this manual expecting the same part-by-part breakdown I've found in all Hayne's manuals. This thing is a waste of money. For anyone who has an internet connection, there is much more detailed information on YouTube and various scooter forums. The only reason I gave this two starts instead of one is because it might be of use for someone with no internet access. I'm not a scooter expert by any means. In fact, I've only owned my first one for 7 days. I haven't even started it yet. I do have it completely torn apart in the garage, and am doing a thorough inspection and adjustment of every component...all without any help from this repair manual. With help from the internet alone, I already know much, much more about how my scooter works than I would know if I memorized every single word of this manual.
on August 7, 2013
I was a little disappointed that it took 3 weeks to get it from the seller. I am fairly shure I could have got it from my local autoparts store faster. Supposedly the seller was in Indiana, but the lable came from Mass. I sent them an Email and asked it it was sent by pony express. The response was it can take upto 15 days to ship blah blah blah. According to the tracking it was shipped withing 2 days of ordering. Hummmm. It dosent take a letter more than a week to cross the US.

Anyway, The book has pretty good consistency. They cant cover every Chinese scooter made as they apparently are all over. I have a 150cc Dong Fang (Sunny) Not in the book, but alot of the information is helpful.

My thing - buy it from a local autoparts or somewhere you can get it faster than 3-4 weeks.
on September 6, 2017
Not sure what this is!
on October 20, 2013
The carts are useful, as are the step-by-step instructions. A little out of date, tho really nothing has changed much on the GY-9 engine in years. Pictures were dark a fuzzy tho, A new printing with new plate would be great! I put mine in with my scooter when I sold it, and it may have sealed the deal.
on December 30, 2013
As soon as I received my book I read through it. Me being a scooter novice, I found the information very informative, and detailed with plenty of photos to reference parts on the scooter that I didn't necessarily understand its function. My scooter was a 150cc Chinese import with low miles, and a very common engine. The book covers 4 cycle, and 2 cycle engine issues, and is indexed so one can go right to the issues they are interested in. It is a fair price for the volume of information provided. I used the book several times for wiring, and mechanical problems.
on September 30, 2013
If you want to do maintenance or repair of a Chinese scooter, get this book. Since many of the Chinese brands have the same components it does not matter which one you have. The standard GY6 50 cc and 150 cc engines are covered in detail.
on January 30, 2013
First the problem: This manual is very generic, almost none of the brand names in it are available in the USA. And it may not be detailed enough for someone who is not already something of a mechanic. It seems rather British centric.

The good: It does give you some idea of how to work on the Chinese made scooters. After all almost all of them use the same parts. If you already basically know what you are doing, it does help remind you of how things go together. Also, I do not know of any book that is any better on this subject.
on June 9, 2013
I have a CPI Aragon, which is mentioned in the manual, but that's it. No information or details on it like a couple of other Chinese mopeds. I expected to see information on Aragon. It's specs are not even listed. The manual does give me an idea as to how a Chinese moped is built, but I wanted info on the Aragon, not generalization.
For example, I wanted to know what kind of carburetor it uses. What kind of CDI unit, and more.
on September 11, 2010
I got this manual for my scooter. I read through it and liked the way it was setup, pictures and descriptions were well done.
The problem was actually using it to do any kind of major work on your scooter.
It seems to spend a lot of time showing you small stuff but when you need something complicated such as actual engine work it kinda scoots around without actually giving me any real info.I felt like there were some major gaps in the step by step instructions. And I ended up setting the book down and figured it out for myself.