Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Chinook Summit Bivy Bag (Blue)” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 34% off the $124.92 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Chinook Summit Bivy Bag
|Price:||$104.65 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$20.27 (16%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Waterproof/breathable fabric top and waterproof ripstop nylon bottom fabric
- Factory-taped seams are completely waterproof
- Facial ventilation system for better breathability
- Contured hood and comfortable roomy footbox
- Includes a stuff sack
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
|Department||ADULTS, UNISEX-ADULT, MENS|
|Item Dimensions||17 x 32 x 91 inches|
|Model Name||Chinook - Summit Bivy Bag - Blue|
The Summit Bivy is an advanced bivy sack system that uses DAC Featherlite aluminum poles to create a self-supporting canopy around the facial area. This allows better breathability and movement without added exposure to the elements. A great choice for multi-day wilderness trips, snow-camping and emergency situations. Specifications: - Waterproof/breathable fabric top and waterproof ripstop nylon bottom fabric (5000mm) - Factory-taped seams are completely waterproof - Facial ventilation system for better breathability - Contured hood and comfortable roomy footbox - Includes a stuff sack - Summit Bivy - Waterproof/Breathable - Size: 91" x 32" x 22"/H 17" (230 x 80 x 55 cm/H 42 cm) - Total Weight: 2 lbs (0.92 kg)
Top customer reviews
-The hood design is excellent for having the hatch open in light rain, which helps breath ability and mitigating condensation issues
- As bivys go it is super roomy I can sleep in it with my pack inside- which is a god send on rainy days
- The mosquito netting is top notch and makes this bag super versatile for various conditions/ environments
- Having the hood elevated off your face is really nice
-Condensation, but this is the same for all bivy's. I personally lay down a T-shirt or a cloth underneath where my head is, in contact with the bivy material, and I find this mitigates water pooling excellently.
- None that I have found unique to this bag
For the price and in general i think it hard to beat.
One big issue in having a waterproof bivy is ventilation and condensation. Fortunately, this is not a problem I've encountered with this bivy. There's a mesh flap behind the head and on the front flap that can be opened up to allow airflow. This has worked great for me so far and I haven't woken up in a sweat or with condensed water dripping on my face thus far.
Easily comparable to bivy sacks that are $50-$100 dollars more, if not better.