Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 9, 2014
Just got these boots, and so far they look like they're going to be okay.

I didn't buy these for fashion- I got them for work- that's why I don't care that they weren't "perfect" out of the box. The leather uppers were rather scuffed up in quite a few spots, and they were packaged in such a way that one of the lace flaps was bent back the wrong way and almost creased- meh. There was a chunk of leather gouged out of the spot where the sole meets the upper too. If these weren't work boots I'd have sent them back, but no worries.

Normally I'm a devoted Red Wing wearer- but because of an Amazon sale, these are coming in at half the cost of a new set of 3507s...how they hold up over time though, we'll see.

These are the 20091 model btw- this was not listed anywhere in the description, and they ARE electrical hazard rated, another little thing omitted from the description.

They seem to fit okay- we'll see how long it takes to break them in.

More to come...

UPDATE- These boots required hardly any break in period! They were very comfortable on the first wearing. I kept them tied a little loose, and wore them on what I knew would be a light day at the job site- and I brought my trusty Red Wings along just in case. I kept them on the whole work day, and was in no hurry to take them off when I got home. I gave them a day off, and wore them the following day. They performed brilliantly! I wore them the whole day, no discomfort at all! After the third day of wear, I will call these boots perfectly broken in! I plan to Sno-Seal them this weekend, and I'll get back to this review later to comment on how they hold up under severe conditions at the job site. I initially have given these boots four stars- if they perform well on the job, they may move up to five! =)

Another UPDATE- I treated these boots with Obenaufs and finally got to test them in the snow! Some people complain about boots with steel toes and or shanks in cold weather, these are not "insulated" boots, but a regular pair of socks was all I had on and I experienced no discomfort in the snow, ice, and temperatures hovering in the teens and single digits. The tread is really good in the snow, but it also holds a lot of snow! You really have to kick the door frame before coming into the house or you'll make a MESS! I'm still very impressed with these boots- but I am waiting to see how they hold up over time...so far, so good!

New UPDATE- Six months of use and these boots are still holding up well. That said, they are HEAVY- for long days with lots of walking, I will choose a slightly lighter boot, but for heavy duty applications, these are the ticket.
on January 18, 2015
I own several pairs of Chippewas and love them all..... The Arctic 50's are another good pair if you need to keep your feel warm!!!
Most of them a run 1/2 size smaller than most boots but there "true to size" if you use there foot sizing chart.
Made In USA!!!
on July 13, 2017
Chippewa are great boots. However it looks as though I was sent a previously returned pair as all tags had been cut off and was missing the American flag emblem that are shown in picture. not to happy about that but will be keeping them as I need them for work and the rest of the boot seems fine.
on May 20, 2017
I'm on my feet all day and need comfortable boots, I'm very satisfied with these so far.
Didn't take long to break them in.
on August 28, 2017
I bought these for my son & he loves them. They fit perfect & I love that they are made in America!
on May 15, 2017
Great boots for daily wear in a shop. I had an issue with the first pair I bought (my fault not theirs) and they worked with me to resolve it.
on November 3, 2014
Very pleased with the style and comfort of the boots. Fit was right on. First pair of Chippewa boots so hopefully they hold up as well as others have told us they do. Overall very happy with the choice.
on November 12, 2014
Always pleased with these boots. Just take an extra minute to make sure that particular boot is made in the USA. A little thin on insulation. If your outside, you may want the more insulated boot
on January 22, 2017
awesome
on July 24, 2017
4 wks old and falling apart, bad stitching on sole.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.