Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 181 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 194 reviews
on January 12, 2016
I bought my first pair in May of 14', just bought my 2nd set Jan of 16', in the last 20 months, I have worn these boots 40-50 hours a week average in an industrial ship repair machine shop. Prior to getting these boots i would get a new pair of boots every 6 to 12 months. I am givin a safety show allowance every 6 months. In the past, I replaced all previous boots not because they word out, but because they made my feet hurt. When I bought the first pair I was generally accustomed to wearing a size 10, I followed the fitting guide on Chippewas' web site and came up with size 11, being apprehensive i compramised and went with a 10.5. I have since learned, after having my foot sized by a boot maker am more suited for a size 11. Even though the 10.5 was most comfortable boot i had yet, I ordered this set a sise 11 and they fit great. This is the first time in 10 years I cam recall replacing my work boots with the same brand and style as my previous set. My old boot, in the pictures, the leather still has lots of life left, the soles are worn though and they have lost a some cushion in the soles. I grew up in and old school logging camp, where it was a ritual to always give a set of new leather boots a thourough greasing prior to use and i still uphold that ritual even though i am not a logger. Very happy with Chippewa- Justin boot for providing this quality american made option, in work boots. To thevextent i actually think about buying a few more sets to stash away in case they quit making them or they get outsourced. Anyway thats my thoughts on this fine boot, thanks for reading.
review image review image review image
on September 13, 2012
I watched the price drop on these boots for a month or so and when they were $92 bucks, I bought them. I was so pleased about getting a deal on American handmade boots that I didn't care if they were steel toe or not. They are a little stiff, but feel good on my feet. I liked these so much that I saw the 8", non-steel toe style on sale for $84 bucks and bought them too. Both are seconds, but I can't find the flaws. They take some break in but once they are loosened up, there sweet. Now that you know, I probably won't be able to get another pair at these prices, when I need them...in 5 years. I plan on wearing them to death, then get them resoled and wearing them to death again. Thanks Amazon.

A year later: The 6" ST boots are good but the 8" boots are great. Sprained an ankle and had to press the 8" boots into action. These are the best boots I've ever trashed. Comfort, support, protection, warmth, traction and with some Sno-Seal, totally water proof. I should have bought another pair. Damn.
on October 9, 2015
When I first bought these boots they were great. The soles quickly wore out and were absolutely lethal on wet concrete or snow. The back heel of my right foot wore out really bad from what I assume to be driving. I've never had any other piece of footwear wear-out from the small amount of miles I drive. That's something you hear happening to truckers. This added a funny bend in the leather from my foot landing slightly sideways so now I wouldn't even resole them.
on August 31, 2017
I give this shoe 3 stars because the sole could be much more slip resistant. I work in manufacturing and this is very important. Luckily I can replace the sole latter with a different slip sole. Otherwise I like the boot. Side note the prop 65 bs from California really through me on a loop. But good thing I'm not eating the shoes. Also in my work they have smooth concrete and these shoes slip very easy. I am hoping as the sole wears this will be less. I would look elsewhere for a work boot for manufacturing.
on August 3, 2015
I love these boots. I would agree with some of the other comments that these boots run about half a size to a full size large (compared to Nikes). They felt a little narrow when I first got them but once I broke them in they fit like a dream. It feels like the boot molds to your foot after a couple weeks and only gets better from there. One thing other people complained about was the color being litter than the pictures and I would agree with that also. But I would note that if you put some type of leather preservative on them they will darken right up and I think they get darker with use too. I gave them 5 stars but I do have two small complaints.

One is the sole material is soft. I work in a shop where there are metal chips and other small sharp debris on the floor and the metal shavings will dig into the soles. Once the soles get worn in they stiffens up a bit. I don't notice it as much any more but occasionally I'll get a straggler. I can't fault the boots too much because the shop I work in has concrete floors and the softer soles make them comfortable to wear. I've worn other boots and by the end of the day my feet were very sore. So I like having the soft sole for the comfort but I don't like it because it collects crap. You win some you lose some I guess.

Secondly I wish the boot laces that came with they boots were a little more durable. I've had my boots for about 4 months now and wear them 5 days a week. After 4 months one lace has worn through the outer sheathing and half of the inner fibers. The other lace is right behind it and should be replaced too. This is on par with other boot laces I've used but I'm in the mind set that when I spend a pretty penny on something I should have high quality all around.

All in all they are great boots. They fit great, feel great and the steel toe does bother my toes. I would definitely recommend these boots.
on August 19, 2017
Overall I like the boots, more comfortable than even my red-wings.

Pros:
Leather adjusts well to foot shape.
High quality leather and holds up well, have not received any major gouges even with banding them against everything.
Looks great, received several complements about them even after a year of use.
Cons:
I have wide feet and even with buying it a little wider than I would normally need it still is a bit snug.
The soft soles started to split down the sides within the first month and are wearing out fast.
on June 14, 2017
Comfy boots but wasn't impressed with the quality or longevity of the boots. Mine are less than a year old and getting large holes on the both the left and right boot just under where my ankle bone is while wearing them. Contacted Chippewa re. warranty and not super helpful, they said there is a 1 year warranty on the boots however they issue you a return authorization and will inspect the boots for defect in materials and/or workmanship. If they "find" a defect then they will replace boots. If no defect is found, the boots will be returned with a letter of explanation. They let me know this can take up to 3-4 weeks to process the return so no good to me as I need my boots for work everyday.
on February 7, 2015
Right out of the box this is the most comfortable boot that I have ever worn. I was hesitant about buying shoes online because I like to try my shoes on first but I took a gamble and it paid off. I am not really used to wearing a round toe boot as I like a moc toe or a box toe and I thought at first it might be too narrow. I did need a new pair of boots for work so I bought them. They seemed to need no break-in time at all. A few hours after putting them on they felt like I had been wearing them for weeks. My first workday with them was 11 hrs and never felt a need to change into my old boots that I brought with me just in case but did not need to. Now after about 130 hrs on them they are even more comfortable. They feel like I have been wearing them for months instead of 2 1/2 weeks. There is not enough good things I can say about this pair of boots. I am on my feet for the entire shift and a new boot has to comfortable in order to allow that with no pain. The color was great (chocolate, how can you not like that color?) and I love the fact that they are made right here in the good old USA. I even like the American flag emblem on the laces. I did replace the laces with Ironlace laces ( that's another review). My only wish is that they would come in at least a EEE width so I could wear thicker boot socks, but as is they are okay. If the durability holds up these will replace Red Wings for me from now on. If you want a great looking top-quality boot that is made in the USA and cheaper than American made Red Wings, you can't go wrong with these great looking boots. As a matter of fact the first person at work who noticed I had new boots said " that is a great looking pair of boots"!
on June 2, 2015
I don't write many reviews, but there are some nuances with these boots (specifically with the steel toe) that I wanted to make others aware of.

1) The steel toe makes the front of these boots abnormally high. My wife and 9 year old son said I looked like Mickey Mouse.

2) I don't typically need wide shoes, but my pinky toe did not fit correctly into the steel toe box and was effectively banging into the edge of it with every step. Not really comfortable.

3) I was hoping to ride my motorcycle with these, but given the height of the toe, I can barely get under the gear shifter and of course there is no feel given the hard toe

I have other Chippewa's that I love (6 in Moc Toe), but these did not cut it for me.
on January 2, 2017
Love these boots. I probably did too much research on the sizing. I should have gone with what was recommended, but i didn't. Anyways once i returned the smaller size for the next up they fit and feel great. I beat the heck out of them in a body shop all week long. They get a lot of wear and tear no doubt, but if i took better care of them they'd definitely would last longer. The souls feel almost squishy, but not in a bad way. They have almost a sporty tennis shoe feeling but rugged at the same time. Not much of a comparison but my Wolverine 1000 miles don't feel as good and comfy as these do. Mainly because of they're hard soled. Anyways. I'll buy again no doubt.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.