Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 3, 2014
This is a great game. Put your knight--or archer, pikeman, and man-at-arms--suit on and jump back into a Renaissance Faire. Graphics are realistic with blood effects I would assume are true to life. You can clop off peoples heads, arms, and legs--even shout a battle cry. Combo moves and move your weapon with the click of a mouse. Move the mouse around mid-attack to guid your strike. Very user friendly and functional. The game is hilarious as well as it is being a historical simulation. Just give it a try or watch some YouTube videos before you do.

I tried it out via a Steam Free 2 Play weekend. I loved it, so I bought it when I had the opportunity. This game will provide you a fun experience.

Note: It takes some time to get very good with the weaponry, as it is not like a Call of Duty point and shoot, arcade game. Some may find their first few fights frustrating but will eventually get the hang of it.
3 people found this helpful
on February 15, 2014
First: don't expect an entirely polished product. I've encountered some bugs in my hundred or so hours -- most problematic, the servers stopped saving my level progression at level 5, so I essentially restart every day at that point (although my weapons unlock normally). TB's been working to fix a number of them, but it still won't be a glitch-free experience.

Having said that, this game is hands down, bar none, the funniest MP game I've ever played (and it's solely MP here). This is helped along by one of the best online communities I've encountered. Serious servers can be found if you look, and every single pub match I've played has been accepting and friendly. Free-for-all, in particular, is hilarious; momentary alliances are formed as one opponent roars, "Kill the archer!," seconds before a rogue vanguard charges in to decapitate them all. And there's nothing quite like the experience of dueling a pink-clad knight who constantly taunts you with jeers of "Nay, my lord."

The game is not entirely balanced; a man-at-arms in the hands of a skilled player is almost unbeatable, the vanguard charge is a bit too OP, and the knight's health is way too high, but I've found that this generally adds to the fun rather than takes away from it (so long as you have the right mindset). Skill is there for the taking, too, once you progress beyond LMB spamming to more advanced tactics.

The graphics are fairly spot on; the audio mostly gets out of the way (with the exception of the knight's voice-commands, which are some of my favorite voice-commands in any game -- right up there with the heavy in TF2). The mechanics are tight -- hits and blocks feel solid, swings feel responsive.

Like I said above, don't expect any SP -- there isn't any, excluding the tutorial. But if what you're looking for is chaotic, hilarious medieval-themed combat, don't look any further than this one.
One person found this helpful
on December 13, 2014
Game downloaded quickly. Game is also very difficult, so play with bots until you get a hang of things, or frustration will become you.

Graphics: Fantastic. Runs great even on old cards like my 630, although a better card is recommended for the higher settings.
Gameplay: Fast and brutal, with great animations and physics. Archery is as hard as it should be which is to say extremely.
Support: Game is updated frequently. Recent additions made the game prettier.
on November 28, 2013
This game for the price is awesome, have spent countless hours playing and slashing my way to victory. There is a learning curve but don't get frustrated, stick with it and you will over time become better.
on July 3, 2016
about 10 or so I saw some game play of this and I was enthralled, it looked really good, the way another character or bot dies and screams in agony sounds so gruesomely good.
on October 11, 2013
I spend way more hours than I care to admit playing this game. The melee combat system is very intuitive and everything's well balanced. For anyone looking for anything a bit different then "Brown and Grey Desert Shooter 349" this is exactly what you're looking for! The community is still very active so it's easy to find servers with good ping.
on September 9, 2013
Love this game. It gives me a lot of fun. Its difficult, it requires a lot of training, but it doesnt matter if i win a duel/skirmish/battle, i got great time every single game. Game is brutal, dynamic and... funny. Knights rush into the battle with grotesque battlecry, just to be splited into half. Limbs fly in the air, blood splatter all around, people screams. If you like RPGs, fantasy, sword fights, medieval times i suggest try this game.
on August 31, 2015
Awesome!
on September 10, 2013
Whats better the dissecting, and decapitating people on the internet? Not much. my only gripe is there isn't enough weapons yet
on September 9, 2015
It's an okay game but gets points for polish and innovation. It doesn't feel as though it lived up to it's best potential. I would've liked to see sword combat actually rely on blocking and attacking rather than just spamming the attack.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.