Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Chloe's Kitchen: 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Making the Food You Love the Vegan Way Paperback – March 6, 2012
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Chloe Coscarelli recently took home first place in the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, making her the first vegan ever to win on a Food Network competition. Chloe is a graduate of the Natural Gourmet Institute of Health and Culinary Arts NYC and the University of California, Berkeley. She has also completed Cornell University’s Plant-Based Nutrition program based on Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s The China Study. She lives in Los Angeles.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*March 19: I just made her Chocolate Beer cupcakes with Irish Whiskey Buttercream for St. Patrick's Day and they were hands down the best cupcakes I have ever made! They were such a success, moist and so rich with flavor I couldn't believe how well they turned out and everything came together so quickly compared to making them with butter and eggs. Chloe's recipes just work and she really makes it easy to incorporate vegan meals into your diet. No sacrificing flavor, just delicious healthy food!
*April 15: Everything I have made continues to be amazingly delicious! The penne alla vodka is so tasty and pairs perfectly with the garlic knots, I don't miss the cream at all. Her five minute salad comes together in just that and is so full on flavor for just being a handful of ingredients. This week I am going to make her peanut noodles, Caribbean vegetables, chimichurri tacos and vanilla ice cream! Chloe's cookbook is a favorite in my collection and I reach for it every week. I love cooking vegan foods and love eating them because of this cookbook. I am more adventurous in the kitchen and have incorporated many more vegan meals into my diet because every recipe has worked and even more importantly, they continue to be fabulous.
*October 19: I continue to reach for this and everything has still continued to be delicious! The peanut noodles are in a regular rotation and the recipe doubles so easily, it is wonderful having a big batch to munch on hot or cold whenever the mood strikes. The tacos and ice cream are fabulous, as are the Caribbean veg. Chloe's vanilla ice cream recipe is my go to and is a cinch to whip up in the blender. Out of everything I have made, only one didn't turn out to be awesome. It wasn't a bad recipe at all (thankfully all of her recipes are well written and clear), it's flavors just weren't right up our alley for some reason. This is a perfect way to incorporate more plant based meals into your diet. It's not intimidating and doesn't call for any complicated techniques or hard to find ingredients. This was not my first vegan cookbook but I wish it was. I have a large cookbook collection, and there are only a handful that I consistently reach for and I am happy to say this is one of them!
Chloe's outstanding reputation as a vegan chef precedes her. Before I purchased this book, I had tried many recipes from her blog. So I already knew that her food was the best way to introduce omnivores to vegan cuisine, and that her desserts are just the best of the best.
Recipes I've tried include:
- Garlic Knots: These were excellent. Amazing that something with just 4 ingredients (pizza dough, garlic, olive oil, parsley) would taste so good.
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup: I was expecting this to have more flavor. I ended up adding some marjoram and pinch of cayenne to liven it up.
- Easy Peasy Pasta Salad: Wonderful! A unique dish; I've never seen a pasta salad with a tomato-based sauce, but this really works! I've taken it to a few parties. At first, people aren't quite sure what it is, but once they taste it, they start going back for seconds and thirds and asking for the recipe.
- Avocado Toast: Ingenious. I've been putting mashed avocado on my toast for years, but I never thought to include lemon juice and crushed red pepper.
- Falafel Sliders with Avocado Hummus: Fantastic! My omni husband and I made these for dinner one night after seeing Chloe's video for the recipe on YouTube. My avocado wasn't ripe, so we skipped that part, but the tahini sauce was more than enough to make these burgers burst with flavor. I didn't even like tahini before trying this recipe!
- Avocado Pesto Pasta: The best pesto I've ever tried.
- Fettuccine Alfredo: Awesome! This is my go-to cream sauce recipe.
- Pasta Italiano: This one was a bit strange. The sauce is made from pureed beans, which overwhelmed the dish. Not for me.
- Peanutty Perfection Noodles: Oh so yummy. Chloe says this is her favorite recipe from the book, and I can see why.
- Best Garlic Bread in the World: It definitely lives up to its name.
- Tempeh Piccata: This is amazing! My tempeh-averse husband gobbled this down. I'm planning on throwing a dinner party for my omni friends and serving this.
- Cinnamon-Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies: Delightful. Make them for all your friends.
- Marinara Sauce: I actually wasn't impressed with this one. I've tried a bunch of different marinara sauce recipes, and this one wasn't my favorite.
- Basic Pizza Dough: This was my first time making pizza dough from scratch, and it turned out great. It's easier than you think, and scratch-made dough makes homemade pizza taste just as good as anything from a pizzeria.
As you can see, I've made a ton of recipes from this book and have had much success. I'm looking forward to trying the Yoga Cookies, the Baked Sprinkle Donuts, the Indian Buffet Trio, the remainder of the Oodles of Noodles chapter, the Double Double Drive-Thru Burgers, Vegetable Tempura, the Sea Salt and Vinegar French Fries, and many others.
Though there were a few misses, this is an outstanding cookbook overall. I highly recommend adding it to your collection!