Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Chef's Choice 679 Cordless 1-3/4-Quart Electric Glass Kettle
|Price:||$57.94 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1500-watt kettle with concealed heating element quickly boils up to 1-3/4 cups of water
- Contemporary housing combines brushed stainless steel with heat-resistant glass
- 360-degree swivel power base; push-button lid opening; illuminated on/off switch; cord storage
- Automatic shut-off, dual boil-dry protection, and cool-touch base and lid-lock for safety
- Measures approximately 8-1/2 by 6 by 10-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Chef's Choice 679 Cordless 1-3/4-Quart Electric Glass Kettle
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||10.5 inches x 8.5 inches x 6 inches||10 inches x 9 inches x 7 inches||10.63 inches x 7.56 inches x 9.53 inches||11.42 inches x 8.39 inches x 8.39 inches|
|Item Weight||4 pounds||Information not provided||3.35 pounds||3 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I recently started drinking a lot more tea, hot cider and hot chocolate. As such, I was boiling a LOT of water on the stove to pour in my mug. Using a sauce pan. Not very efficient.
I realized I needed a kettle to boil water. I spent probably two hours online looking at kettles -- cast iron, copper bottom, aluminum, stainless steel, ceramic coated, etc. Then I realized the real problem was heating up water on my stove top; it uses an enormous amount of power. What I needed was a self contained, energy efficient electric kettle that was made of inert materials so it wouldn't impart any bad taste to the hot water and convenient for pouring/storing the water between heating.
Didn't take me long to hit on the Chef's Choice model. More than I wanted to spend, but otherwise met all my criteria -- tempered glass so I can see the water level/heating state at a glance, easy to get on/off the base, enough capacity, black and stainless design, etc.
I've had this unit for 3 days now and I think it's great. On touch to turn on, few minutes later the water is at a RAGING boil, shuts off automatically or one touch to turn it off. No discernable taste imparted to the water. Easy to pour. Doesn't take up much counter space. Looks great.
In short, a well designed device that does what it's supposed to do and does it very well, thus simplifying my life. In other words, what an "Appliance" is supposed to do.
[UPDATE AFTER ONE YEAR]
Still using this on a daily basis. However, the lid on the top of the unit has stopped latching. The spring clips that latch the lid stick inside the lid. without the lid closed it will boil forever (no steam build-up to activate auto-off. May try to fix it myself. Taking off a star for this reason.Read more ›
Aug. 26, 2009: I am writing an update on my review: about 6 months later the lid is broke and does not operate properly. It does not open with the push of the button and has to be forced to be closed. I will try to return this product. I would like to take some of the stars back, but for some reason could not change them.
Well, while that turned out great, it had 2 problems:
1) IT SMELLS! The water has to pass through a plastic spout and it leaves the poured water with a horrible plastic smell
2) Too complicated for their own good. The lid has a button you push to open it. The capresso you have to (OH NO!!) lift it yourself. The difference: The mechanism for openning the lid on this one broke. I never had a problem with the capresso. And the replacement (I tried another one incase the problems I was having were just a fluke) had a small little filter screen for the water pop out and I couldn't get it back in (I could see this as useful for loose leaf tea).
I really liked no more mineral deposits, but I simply can't live with the smell.
My parents really like this model and think they just got a defective one. I'll update if number two decides to stay intact and functional or not.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We love our electric tea kettle. It's amazingly quick and totally efficient. We like it so much we have now purchased a total of three so everyone in our family has one for his... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
It performs just as you'd expect, but it is quite large and takes more counter space than I'd anticipated.Published 6 days ago by Jeannie Parry-Hill
I love my electric kettle but I have to stay in the kitchen and watch it because it overflows and I end loosing 1/4 cup of my favorite tea plus I have to wipe the counter.Published 3 months ago by Thelma E. Ranellone
Lasted 15 months. Then the two u-shaped, under designed plastic hinges on the lid broke. Too bad because otherwise this is an excellent product and the bad design could be so... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Sidney Stumplewick
Bought this kettle in August 2009 and used it daily for 6+ years. It has been a reliable device for the most part. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Chelsea S
I it lasts 2-3 year typically then split right in the middle for unknown reason, it is great otherwise!Published 4 months ago by S. Elk