Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 4, 2008
Ok well, I'm more than halfway through this book and I guess that alot of it I've heard before but it still feels done in a new and fresh way. I like the fact that this guy is like an everyday person and not some proclaimed expert with only paperwork to back him up. I mean, he has the paperwork but his personality, actual hands on experience, and his wisdom & intelligence really shines through. His desire to learn and educate himself for his own reasons and what all of this has taught him and how it's changed his own life and way he looks at things...I dunno you feel like you're there learning along with him. I like that alot. And if you're anything like me it makes you more aware of messages in marketing, music, advertising or even signs with other people that maybe affecting you negatively. Some people are going to already be aware of these type of things and I sort of knew a little but it helped to put the importance of really paying attention into perspective. To pay attention to what we allow ourselves or our eyeballs to see and how that makes us feel. How it creates thoughts and ideas in our subconscious minds. Which of course then causes us to act on them. For me so far, it's been about looking and learning about self-control through new and different eyes. It's about taking my life back again. Everyone is obviously going to be at different levels on the path of self-discovery but I really think this book is worth it. If this review sounds remotely interesting to you at all buy it or visit his website for more information. Thank you.
on November 1, 2013
He does state that some people will see his book as a promotion for his many InnerTalk CDs and I would agree. It is full of testimonials to promote his product. These stories are like our own and he has been able to move consciousness forward as we strive to find tools to better understand ourselves and who we are. His story and transparency gave me a feeling that I could trust his information and I have used his ideas to create my own inner conversation when I am in deep meditation. I have learned to access the deeply held self-sabotaging and victim tapes and replace them with consciously directed desires of what I want to focus on and how I want my life to flow into my experiences. It is work, but Eldon proves that it does work. We are magnificent creatures, unaware of our own magnificence. Learning how to operate and understand the mind is paramount in these days where we are realizing we have given the power away to someone else and end up victims of our own self-neglect and dis-empowerment. I recommend this book to anyone looking for consciousness tools and ideas that work.
on November 25, 2013
Eldon is an excellent author. His reasoning on brain power and the why's and how's really hits home. For those of you that are new to self hypnosis this book will give you a better understanding of "Self". The only negative comment I have is that the second half of the book over emphasizes the stories of those who have had good luck with the technology, needlessly. If you have been practicing hypnosis for a while, you already know the benefits. Still, an excellent book.
on October 11, 2014
I am using this book to help myself remember how I have gotten to where I am by my self, no husband to share decisions with. At times it is worrisome for me to act alone, this book has helped to redefine my mental strength.
on April 9, 2008
Having read many books dealing with how we perceive and ultimately create our reality, I found this book to be at the top of the list. Not only is it a "good read" from the standpoint that you feel that you know and like the author, but it is also informative. In reading you are stretched to peceive the world around you in a different light, a different filter if you will. The switch is thrown on and you realize that there are possiblities beyond your realms of present experiences. You not only observe events, but are now the person looking for the links to see how to make the changes so that you are able to do, be and ultimately become a different person. You realize the potential for others and the media to program you and in that moment, you chose a different way, you awaken to the potential in you to create the world of your dreams and not some one else's. I highly recommend this book for those who are looking to break out of the box into a world that questions what you have been taught. Enjoy the book and the journey you will make because of this book. What a way to go Eldon!
on November 7, 2010
Gotta love Eldon Taylor - straight talking full of common sense and funny stories, all laced with a loving and respectful philosophy. This thought provoking and fascinating delve into modern Western culture is a real treasure and eye opener. Eldon's committed research has uncovered how we are bombarded and designed by external influence which is usually self serving of the influencer! It is up to us to discern wisely which is difficult because we are rarely without someone or something desperate to master our opinions. This book inspires however because at the crux of the matter is humanity and relationship with an empowering message of self responsibilty. Like all his work, website, talks, etc...truly brilliant stuff!
on January 28, 2010
My only regret was that I allowed this book to sit on my bookshelf for so long before reading it. Now I refer to it almost daily.

I am a true believer in subliminal messages and have experienced their powerful results in my life with positive outcomes.

I enjoyed the picture illusions in the third chapter, in fact on my first attempt to read this book that was where I got stuck. The second time around I was spell bound, I hated to put the book down to continue with my daily tasks.

An incredible read one that won't disappoint you if you're open minded and ready to make personal changes or just beginning on your journey. I assure you it will be an eye opening, soul searching, mind blowing experience.

Thank you Eldon for your tireless contributions to society, we need more people like you in this world.
on November 3, 2007
I had been searching for a self-help book to move forward to the next phase of my personal growth, but had repeatedly come up short over the course of a few months. "Choices and Illusions" brought me the exact information and perspective I needed at exactly the right time. I found it to be the perfect balance of interesting scientific studies and information coupled with just the right amount of essential spirituality and questions regarding the unknowns in life.Changing our "inner talk" truly is a necessary step to freeing ourselves from the constraints that intertwine themselves within us during our formative years. I have read certain passages of it over and over. I would definitely recommend giving it a try.
on October 25, 2007
I read this book in a mater of days and found it to be an enjoyable read. The different perspective brought forth was enjoyable that enhanced my current knowledge base.

I do however think it should be said that my girlfriend was like a child with a new toy while reading this book. Every few moments she was so delighted with some of the material that she found it necessary to keep highlighting for me what I had already read. This made it well worth it as seeing how things work explained so simply was a great step for her evolution and hence mine.

I have read just about everything ever written from "Seth to "Wayne Dwyer" and am proud to have this fine read in my collection. Thanks to Eldon Taylor for another GREAT product.
on August 18, 2015
prompt delivery, as described item,,,,thank you
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse