Chomas Creations Etching/Engraving Precision Tip Tool for Maker & Explore (Standard)
Enhance your purchase
- With this precision tip you can engrave on pretty much anything you can fit under the machine rollers. The precision tip has a sharper point then the original engraving tip and can help with finer details for etching designs
- PLEASE READ DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY - Set your project to CUT. Score or Engrave will NOT work. Add double sided adhesive to hold your item in place and do a multi-cut.
- The precision tip does not require any other special pieces to work. No special mats either, just use your original mat. You may need to add extra adhesive to hold your item in place.
- This tool will work in the Maker and Explore (Explore, Explore Air, Explore Air 2, Explore One) machines. It will NOT work in the Silhouette. Examples shown are NOT included with this product.
- This is the original, authentic Chomas Creations tool manufactured in the US, made of premium quality lightweight aluminum and a German carbide tip. The tip will last a lifetime and never needs replacing. Lifetime guarantee.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Instructions for using your Chomas Creations Engraving tip in your Cricut Maker or Explore machines
Maker, Explore, Explore Air, Explore Air 2:Remove the blade on the right side of the machine, clamp B. Insert your engraving tip into this slot. There are no other pieces required to use the engraving tip.
Explore One:Remove the blade from the holder by loosening the gray clamp and gently pull the blade holder from the machine. Insert your engraving tip into this slot.
- The tool is always on the right side in place of the blade as shown in the picture on the product page.
- Make sure you set your project toCUT. Do NOT set your project to Score or Engrave, as this will not work.
- When you send your project to be Cut, make sure you choose a fine point blade item for your project. We use the cardstock setting and change the pressure to maximum and often use multi-cuts as needed.
- Notice it says no tool is required in clamp A. If it is saying you need a tool in clamp A you need to change to a different setting. If it is saying it cannot detect the tool in slot B you need to change to a different material.
The Chomas Creations engraver and precision tip will work in the Maker and Explore with the proper settings chosen.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have found that for my machine CRICUT EXPLORE AIR 2 this tip when inserted into SLOT B with my system set on CUT not score or engrave, it will give you beautiful results.
I’m fairly experienced with my maker and do other projects with ease. So maybe it’s me but I’ve read other reviews that had the same outcome, so, buyer beware....
When I use it again I will edit my material to only cut once, instead of twice. I think that will make a cleaner engraving.