Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on September 7, 2012
I am so happy that Elle Garner wrote "Choose Thin: 10 Proven Secrets to Permanent Weight Loss"! I have worked in the fitness and wellness industry for more than twenty years and it's been very frustrating battling the fad diets and promises from infomercials for magic pills and quick fixes.

In her book, Garner shares her own weight loss success story and then reveals some sage advice that can sometimes seem like "tough love." Weight loss for most people is NOT easy. And it shouldn't be viewed as an "event" that comes and disappears. Permanent weight loss is a lifestyle and Garner is exactly right when she says that the reason you are not at your ideal weight comes down, in large part, to "mindlessness." As a society, we tend to tune out when we eat.

Garner then gives wonderfully simple yet effective action steps. They are so easy, you owe it to yourself to try it for 30 days. I especially love her "10 Proven Secrets."

I am going to send copies of this book to my clients!

In gratitude.

Kim Nishida
on September 16, 2012
Like the author, I've lost over 40 pounds and have kept it off for years. At the time, I wasn't really sure how it happened...just that I had a picture in my mind of how I would look when it did.

I've been studying good health and nutrition for nearly 20 years now, and this book is terrific in its delivery of sound steps that will prove successful for anyone seriously wanting to lose weight, and keep it off.

The steps Elle outlines are EASY to follow and practice. Practice is the operative word here, and practice makes progress. Progress towards becoming a thinner you.

Successful weight loss begins with a proper mindset, and the author is good at making one understand this. She teaches you about how to eat; another factor in managing your weight. And the additional 22 helpful tips are spot on for making weight loss easy and enjoyable.

I especially like her bonus download from her website...it's a printable chart, a tool that outlines the 10 secrets she talks about in her book. Well done! I'm not quick to 5 star a book I've read, but Elle Gardner's "10 Proven Secrets" is deserving...I truly believe it'll help you lose weight. Enjoy!
on May 13, 2013
Choose Thin: 10 Proven Secrets To Permanent Weight Loss by Elle Garner takes the idea of empowerment about weight loss success stories to a new high. I am so tired of the Yo-Yo gain and loss cycle. I believe that this method will finally get me to cross those uncrossable permanent weight loss barriers I have struggled with for so long. Thank you for not promising everything and being realistic. Her story inspires me. Her step-by-step approach makes goals achievable. All the other books I have bought have told me it is easy. Ms. Garner isn't sugar-coating reality.
Initially, I was attracted to the cover of this book. The colors captured my attention and I was intrigued by what the "secrets" could be. The author claims to have lost and kept off 40 pounds for a number of years, by developing rules for herself. These easy to follow rules are the foundation of the book's 10 proven secrets.

The secrets she shares, bring to mind the famous, "Intuitive Eating" book by Tribole and Resch. The author, Elle Garner, recommends as they do, mindful eating and some of her secrets focus on ways to be more mindful. Other secrets focus on simple things you can do that add up to make a big difference in your health and weight.

Elle Garner writes passionately. With her emphasis on certain words and phrases, it is as if you can hear her and she is speaking directly to you. She clearly shares what she did and she truly believes it can work for many.

She covers each "Secret" with a simple explanation and then if you want more information, she includes a detailed section on why it works at the back of the book.

The author suggests you read the secrets several times throughout the day. And she makes it easy. She includes a Bonus at the back of the book where you can go to her website and download the
"10 Proven Secrets To Permanent Weight Loss" list. The Bonus is really nicely done and very handy.

The fact is diets are not working for many people. Changing one's mindset and simple lifestyle changes may be the key. This little book with it's 10 Secrets may just be the solution you or a loved one need to enjoy a successful weight loss journey!
on September 17, 2012
Rather than throw a bunch of quick fixes at you, this book focuses on weight loss for the long-term. I have been writing about health and nutrition for years, and I found myself getting excited as I read each of the 10 secrets. As conscientious as I try to be regarding my diet and fitness regimen, these simple truths can easily get lost in daily routines and life changes. The author guides you through how to ingrain these secrets into your mindset, so that your perception of food and eating will change.

She goes into further detail about how you can truly wrap your brain around dieting and weight loss, removing the complexity factor and understanding that you can do it without finding some miracle solution.

If you are ready to lose weight and lose it for good, this book is going to be a great way to get your mind ready for that journey.
on September 7, 2012
Reading this book I was aware of my body's knowing that these 10 simple secrets work. Interestingly though, through awareness (or mindfulness as Elle states), I could also see where my habitual mind kept bringing up familiar excuses and revealing it's resistance to taking responsibility for past behaviours and patterns.

What this indicates to me is that it's time. It's time to let go of the past patterns and choose to be present with my food and begin to honour my body, it is my vehicle for this life so it makes sense that I keep it tuned up and give it the love it deserves!

Thanks Elle ... as Richard Branson says - "Complexity is our enemy, any fool can make something complicated. It is hard to make something simple!"

This approach to obtaining and maintaining a healthy weight is simple, it won't be easy, but it is simple and worth taking on the practice on mindfulness and love.

I look forward to reading more of your books.
on September 12, 2012
At my age, I've heard all the tips Elle Garner presents in her book, but somehow she made it enjoyable and refreshing and one that I needed to hear again.

This book does a great job of outlining the 10 main points of weight loss and shows you that it doesn't have to cost you a penny on expensive weight loss programs. She methodically walks you through the ten steps, as well as discussing the psychology of our eating patterns.

Before you buy another weight loss program that promises you "this and that," read Elle's book. It's all you will need.
on September 10, 2012
While purchasing the Insanity home workout DVD's I ran across this book because it caught my eye and I'm glad it did.

Elle talks about the 10 things you must do every day and how to use an index card to keep you in line. My favorite one she talked about and mostly because I know it works is drinking a full glass of water before eating.

I've been using this exact technique now for a couple months and have dropped over 5 lbs and I haven't done anything else. I can't wait to try her other simple tricks to start dropping even more weight.

Elle talks about the mindset you must have and the psychology behind it but not in way that confuses or distracts the reader.

She also includes a nice surprise at the end of the book which makes things even simpler than I could ever imagine.
VINE VOICEon September 17, 2012
As the author The Three Diets Solution and The Path To Mindful Eating, I know a bit about weight loss, and though this book doesn't tell me anything new that I haven't already found out for myself, I do believe it to be an invaluable guide to losing weight, getting in shape, and taking control of your body. Common Sense isn't always common practice and we often forgot that very thing.

We learn about the author's success, for which I have no doubt she will continue to maintain for the rest of her life, as long as she follows these ten proven secrets. You, in the meantime, will be able to lose the weight, those stubborn pounds that often make you think that you're going to stay fat and there's nothing you can do about it. It's just not true. You can lose the weight, you can get yourself in shape, and you can change your life. This book shows you how to do it and you should enjoy it.
on September 7, 2012
I hate diets and I don't believe they work for the long term. Sure they could get you to lose weight but once you're back to how you eat, the pounds will come back and sometimes even worse. I like this book because it goes with what I believe in. It's not about loosing weight fast. It's about transforming your lifestyle and the way you treat food. This is a slow process, but the most effective, and gets you to enjoy your slimmer and healthier self, permanently.

Cherrie Bautista