Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 7, 2017
I am really enjoying this book. it was just what i needed! Covers a large verity of topics in an accessible way with good references and resources. Book intermingles authors personal experience, other's stories and lots of well researched psychoeducation. Has encouraged me to consider several topics i had not yet as well as clarified several perspectives of issues i have wondered about. Highly recommended​ for anyone considering becoming a single mother by choice. This would not be overly relevant to a child who have become single after the child's birth.
on August 14, 2017
This book provided encouragement, caused deep thought, and gave varying perspectives. It is enlightening, but also supports one's own path and covers different types of motherhood.
on August 30, 2017
Didn't have any examples that closely resembled my personal situation, but was able to take small bits and pieces to apply to my situation.
on January 23, 2017
I have really enjoyed reading this book. I have already decided to become a choice mother, however this book really helped me articulate my feelings better, and gave me tools to talk to family members who have questions.
on February 14, 2016
This was one of the best books I read about becoming a single mother by choice. SMC
on September 29, 2016
This book has been very informative and is well written.
on October 20, 2008
Light on humor and heavy on the serious issues surrounding single motherhood. Too much for one sitting, but I'll keep it as a resource. In my experience, some of the issues, such as being judged by one's community for being a single mom, are not as relevant today, at least in my area. If you're secure in your decision to be a single mom, others will take their cue from you.
on May 16, 2014
Good book but missing important information. I would have liked more information on what types of conversations/issues you may have with friends/family/child.
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 14, 2008
I received this book on Friday and was done reading it by the following Monday. It was well written and ridiculously helpful. I have chosen to take the route of being a single mother, and this is the first book I've read that looks at all aspects (including being a single lesbian mother) as well as providing suggestions of other books to read (which I have ordered recently as well.) I highly recommend this book for any womyn that is debating the question of Single Motherhood. The book is full of insightful questions that really made me stop and think about whether I was truly ready for this next step. It is a must read!
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on July 5, 2010
I am a 40 year old Canadian (living in the USA) Choice Mom to a beautiful 6 month old baby girl. I love this book and started reading it when my baby was 5 months. I enjoy reading Mikki's stories in the book. I met Mikki last year at a Choice Mom conference and think this book is a "bible". Great job.