- File Size: 2306 KB
- Print Length: 244 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Wyrding Ways Press (September 5, 2015)
- Publication Date: September 5, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B012HF2058
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,035,365 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #84 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse
- #1116 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- #1153 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales & Folklore
|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $8.00 (73%)
The Chosen of Anthros: Young Adult Fantasy Fiction (The Harbingers of Light Book 4) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Books with Buzz
Profoundly intimate and powerfully inventive, "Exit West" tells an unforgettable story of love, loyalty, and courage that is both completely of our time and for all time. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The Chosen of Anthros is book four of the Harbingers of Light series. In this portion, we see Rorick, Abigail, and Leona finally arrive in Haven. They quickly learn that Rowan isn't in fact their long lost aunt, and that their father is really the God Olik. As the shadows prepare for an impending war, Leona finds out that she is the seer of the future, and her beloved Skuld is actually a Norn. As the war approaches, the Harbingers of light are seen roaming less frequently and the city is practically a ghost town. What will they learn from Fortarian? Will Abigail learn to control her plague?
What can I say? Once again, Travis Simmons has kept me completely engrossed. I love the hint of a love triangle between Gil, Skye, and Abigail. The ending is rather shocking and I really hope that it really isn't so. I can't wait for book five to see how Travis brings about the war, he's so creative and the ending of this book left me wondering where the story will lead us next. One of the things that I absolutely love about this series thus far is the relationship dynamic is very realistic. All in all, this is yet another great series by one of my favorite authors and I'm eagerly anticipating book five.
"The Chosen of Anthros" is the 4th book in Travis Simmons' "Harbingers of Light" series and picks up where "A Lament of Moonlight" leaves off - with our heroes having finally found their way through the forest and ready to head into the Harbinger settlement.
This entry in the series is full of surprises as we learn more about both the Harbingers and the plague in general and the characters specifically. Once they reach the settlement, each of the characters is given training and tasks that keep them separate much of the time, and Simmons does a nice job of spreading the story between them, giving each the chance to grow individually. There are also the beginnings of what might turn out to be a sweet love story, which is a nice touch amongst the seriousness of the rest of the events.
As a lover of Norse mythology, I like how Simmons uses various aspects of the stories to tell an original tale - not just a retelling of established lore. While he uses different names for some of the gods, it's still pretty clear who they are (especially if you're at all familiar with the myths) but it allows him to endow them with different characteristics, making them fresh.
This installment ends with a shocking cliffhanger - which sometimes can be rather off-putting. In this case, however, it just makes me that much more eager to see what happens next.
This is a very interesting series that mixes myths with fiction to create a new world. The writing style of [Simmons] has a great amount of description so he transports you to this new world. A well done fantasy.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales & Folklore
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse