- File Size: 1111 KB
- Print Length: 317 pages
- Publisher: Writer's Edge Publishing (January 5, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 5, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007D7PC1A
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #147,453 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $9.00 (75%)
The Chosen: Age of the Gods (The Blood and Brotherhood Saga Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
All reading difficulties aside, I found Seth to actually be evil. He was killing, stealing life forces and destroying everything around him. Just for power. Then he became godlike, creating new creatures. Sara kept him from being totally evil, I suppose, but she was too accepting of the death and changes occuring around her.
And then, after all the waiting, they rushed and got "married". I am going to stereotype here, but this male editor, after all the wait, made the marriage the least romantic thing I've ever read. Seth "decided" to get married and he never even really "asked" Sara.
I am sorely disappointed and will not be finishing the series. And then to see that the following books are shorter number of pages and over $5 (my limit for eBooks) a "book"? Now it just seems like the author was getting greedy.
There is a good story idea within the series. However, it gets lost in the writing and then the darkness that becomes Seth.
It's too bad. Some editing and maybe a co-author to make everything more cohesive and to make Seth get his powers without killing, destroying, damaging the world around him and with no second thoughts!
I strongly suggest you not purchase any more books in this series, it will only lead to disappointment and frustration.
When a problem arises, something drops into the playing field that solves the problem. There are, at least for the moment (this could change in later books) items that appear that seem to lend something to the storyline, yet seem to fade away as if forgotten (A certain staff comes immediately to mind, although I wont spoil anything by going further). Toward the end it seems to get very choppy and several story arc's seem almost forced due to the power at the command of Seth, one of the main characters.
The plot however, is very creative and the writer does show promise. Of all the novels I have read over the years, this shows an ingenious storyline that is very original, something that is extremely difficult to do in this particular genre. This book could use some editing and would be much better re written, yet overall I give it 3 stars and will continue to read the story as the plot is simply that good.
Just when I thought I was sure of a direction and part a character would play...things changed. The story here is not as clearly evident as you might imagine.
You will want to go along on this ride into a fantastical world and you WILL NOT want the story to end.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I highly recommend this to the serial fantasist.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age